Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 3:42 PM
Default Saved Sims not showing up in CAS Bin
My saved sims wont show up in the create a sim bin. If I look in my saved sims file folder they're all there, but in game there's nothing.

I've tried deleting and resetting my folder like other forums have suggested but my sims still wont show up. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 6:06 PM
Start with checking the filters in the GUI, you won't see for example teenagers in default set of options. You need to explicitly set filters for it (or select "ALL").

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Instructor
#3 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 7:06 PM
Also check if the file has the right extension - SavedSims reads .sim files, not .package. Sometimes when you download cc ones they come in .package format.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Start with checking the filters in the GUI, you won't see for example teenagers in default set of options. You need to explicitly set filters for it (or select "ALL").

I've filtered by all, it still doesn't show my saved sims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Also check if the file has the right extension - SavedSims reads .sim files, not .package. Sometimes when you download cc ones they come in .package format.

Yes they all read .SimFile

I haven't downloaded any cc ones only saving the ones ive created so I don't understand why they never show up in the bin
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 2:59 AM
At the risk of sounding overly picky here, the file extension should be ".sim" not ".simFile" (without the quotes of course). The game won't recognize saved sims for what they are if the file is carrying the wrong extension.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
At the risk of sounding overly picky here, the file extension should be ".sim" not ".simFile" (without the quotes of course). The game won't recognize saved sims for what they are if the file is carrying the wrong extension.

They all have the file extension ".sim" when I mentioned sim file I got confused between file extension and file type lol