Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 3:11 AM
Wow, that was quick Jawusa!

Thank you, it looks excellent, I will post a link in the first post and in the tutorial right away.

I appreciate the time you took to do that!
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#77 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 11:28 AM
Thank you for the posting simsample.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#78 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 12:55 PM
I'm not sure if I brought this up already, and there is so many posts in this thread already that I'm not sure if i could spot the reply even if it existed... sorry

So, in supercaw, you -should-have these asterixes in front of any debug name, like this picture in your tutorial:

Mine doesn't... *tiny look under brows* So, I'll have no idea what are debug objects and what not, except for the obvious ones like "sim"

I'm sorry to have so many weird issues with this, lol, I suppose this too may be related to the language locale.

I too wanna thank both Atavera for making the discovery, research and tools/ways, and simsample for making the tut and keeping an eye on this thread and helping us troubled ones :D
Retired
retired moderator
#79 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:40 PM
I have noticed that setting worlds to "Downtown" does not seem to designate them as "Downtown" worlds. Anyone else?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#80 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 1:01 AM
I've noticed that when I go to paint the terrain, the red and yellow routable/non-routable terrain paint does not go away. I had to switch my world to the old CAW to be able to see where I was painting when I was painting a lake surrounded by mountain (since around it, the area is red sims non-routable). Not sure if that makes a whole lot of sense, but basically when using the terrain paint, the routable terrain paint also shows.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#81 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 4:15 AM
MoonsAreBlue - have you set routing paint visibility to zero under the paints selection? If that setting is left to full visibility, at least the unroutable areas that are too steep show as red when using terrainpaints, so it probably also shows routing paints.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 6:58 PM
armiel- Oh no! That will make it difficult to tell which objects are safe to use. Just to clarify, your modified CAW is in English but your regular CAW is in Finnish?

kiwi_tea- yes, it's working fine for me:

Are you not seeing that byte 06 modified?

MoonsAreBlue- Further to what armiel says, I think it's called 'routing opacity' and the slider is on the terrain paint tab. That occurs in the unmodded CAW also.
Screenshots
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#83 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 7:16 PM
Normal CAW in Finnish, modded in English, yes :P

Opacity, visibility - see! lol, I still translate them in my head even though I could just check on the modded version
Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 12:39 AM
Thank you for the feedback. The old CAW must be set to zero opacity on default (since I didn't know the option even existed), so I didn't know it was changeable in the new one. Thanks again for clarifying! Haven't run into any other problems yet. :D
Retired
retired moderator
#85 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 5:59 AM
Nevermind. I had installed a back up by accident. It is making worlds cities just fine. My bad.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 6:45 AM
I noticed something with the Super CAW a while back and just decided to post about it. I was happily sculpting and painting with no problems. It was when I was going to add some trees and plants when I noticed "Trees" was not listed in the Metadata. I see from simsample's tut that "Trees" weren't listed their either. I know the trees and plants also show up in the "Game Objects" section as well. It was easier for me to find the trees and plants in the other section. I never remember their names. Am I just going to have to filter for trees, plants, or their names? It's not a huge deal as I seem to favor the Black Gum Tree and some of the other plants. I also noticed the lot size not showing but I see that has been fixed. Have to try the new patch my next day off, which isn't until Tuesday. I attached a couple pics. The first is with the Regular CAW and the second is with the Super CAW. Also, I had to use the special patch on page 3, post 54 to get mine working as mine decided to be "special."

*EDIT*

@armiel: My Super CAW shows the debug items with the asterisks but my normal CAW is in English.

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:50 AM
armiel- Thanks for the info, I will ask atavera about this.

Kiwi- Oh good, I was worried for a minute!

bradyseitz- If you filter by 'tree' I think you should find them all, and 'plant' for the rest. In metadata I think they all have those words in the title.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:40 PM
This is utterly amazing ... just messing about with it all now. Wow! Thank you so much atavera, sample and everyone else. I think I know what I'm doing for the afternoon now..!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:01 PM
Conor, don't forget to also make that new executable LAA so that it can use all of the new RAM you put in your computer!
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:17 PM
I'm one step ahead - did that already, Sample.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:29 PM
Good, well done for thinking of that!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 5:50 PM
I figured as much. Guess I'll have to make some notes on what trees and plants I use the most. Thanks

Brady

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
Test Subject
#93 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 6:31 PM
I keep running into errors when using TortoiseMerger. I'm running Win 7 64-bit and running the program as an Admin, but still no luck. :/
Test Subject
#94 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 7:04 PM
First, I'd like to say that this is amazing. I love, love, love, the pond tool! :lovestruc

I was just wondering if there's a way to run the new version without having to open C# 2010 Express and debugging. Is there a way to make a new shortcut to the unlocked version? Did I miss a step?

Thanks in advanced for your help and providing this amazing feature/instalation tutorial along with atavera.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 7:22 PM
alexspoom11- could you please show a screenshot of the errors you are getting? Did you try the solution in this post:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...97&postcount=54

Nickstr500- Yes, the last part of the tutorial says:
Quote:
In future, when you want to run your patched version of the CAW tool, you should go to [Install Location]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool and run WorldBuilderCS.exe.
You may want to create a shortcut to that executable on your desktop or start menu, so that you don't have to keep browsing to find it.

I hope that helps!
Test Subject
#96 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 7:27 PM
Thanks, I don't know how I missed that... it worked perfectly.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:07 PM
No problem, Nickstr500- there's a lot of information to take in!

Alan_Gast- well done for getting it working, thanks for letting us know! :D
Test Subject
#98 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:01 AM
Hello,
So I got the message at the moment for install the patch, so it did not work, So after I saw my first game was not update. So I just downloaded the patchs separatly and since it's working I hope it's gonna help some people.

*And sorry for mistakes I'm french
Forum Resident
#99 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:08 AM
So, soooooo excited about this!

Just found this, went through the tutorial, which is exceptional, and made my first little pond as a dam behind a land bridge. Can't wait to check out everything else! Guess my cawcation is officially over!

Thank you Atavera, Simsample and everyone else who's been testing...............Hugz & Kisses!
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 12:46 PM
Thanks for the information, simsdetoi- well done for fixing it!

auntielynds- You know we did this especially to get you interested in CAW again, right?
Page 4 of 15