Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2019 at 5:09 AM
Problem with Player Created Jobs
I am having a problem with some custom careers I downloaded. They do show up in the list when looking for a job and I can take the job. The issue is that I cannot seem to get promoted in the jobs. I also found that when trying to gain skill levels for the requirements it doesn't show the bar at the top of the sims head for gaining towards said skill. For example I downloaded the NCIS and one of the requirements is logic, I'll read the book and it will not gain at all. But if I try on a sim that doesn't have the job it'll gain the skill and will also get promotions when getting the requirements. Thats when using the careers that come with the game. I just have the base game and I also tried the steps that are listed before posting. Does anyone have a reason why or a solution for a fix?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st May 2019 at 2:21 PM Last edited by Keren : 31st May 2019 at 3:39 PM.
Before you download any mod (especially careers which are the first thing to break with almost every patch..)
make sure it's compatible with the most recent version of the game which is currently 1.51.77.10

If you downloaded this one: http://modthesims.info/d/622886/sim...conversion.html
it says it's compatible with an earlier version of the game from what we've got now..

make your sim quit this job before you remove this mod from your mods folder
and delete the Localthumbcache file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2019 at 3:21 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll have to keep an eye on that before downloading careers.