Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 5:29 AM
"Flooding" lots?
I was just wondering if it was possible to "flood" lots like you could in TS2. I've tried everything under the sun, and nothing seems to work. I'm guessing that since the terrain doesn't change based on lot like it did in TS2, it's not going to be possible, but I want to be absolutely sure before I give up and cry....
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 8:00 AM
What about the water tools in the build menu?
dodgy builder
#3 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 3:58 PM
I don't understand what your problem is. I haven't really been flooding lots before, but you use foundations for that? I have been able to get water on both sides of a foundation. Could you please clarify what your problem is?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 3:00 AM
In TS2, you could back a lot up onto the ocean, and make it so the ocean spilled over onto the lot ("flooding it"). It would make the lot look like the beach lots that eventually came out with Vacations (the lot seamlessly met up with the ocean). So for instance, if you wanted to build a Marina, it looked real, and not detached from the larger body of water.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 11:30 PM
It won't do it like it did in TS2.

The only way is to lay lots in Caw, half in and half out of the water.

When I build a world I always put a few of those lots in because they're fun to build on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:00 AM
Thanks! Guess I'm going to have to start playing with that a lot more....and poor Sunset Valley doesn't get a pier