Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 7:47 AM Last edited by CQta : 28th Jan 2011 at 3:14 PM.
Default 2 floor apartment - SOLVED!!!!
Hi there mighty building experts,
I'm wondering about the possibility to build an apartment on two different floors connected by internal stairs. I'm asking because I encountered problem with an apartment that occupies the last 2 floors of a 5 floor building, my sims recognises only the last floor as its own flat. So, before getting crazy trying to understand what I must fix to make it works it would be nice to have your matchless advise.
Thanks
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 2:34 PM
Yes an apartment can occupy two floors. Make sure to have all space outside the apartment that is a common area marked as public and any other apartments marked as hidden. If you provide some screenshots maybe we can spot something else that is causing the the issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 6:39 PM Last edited by CQta : 27th Jan 2011 at 6:58 PM.
Thanks 4 the reply...I'm posting screenshots later (on this pc I don't have the game installed).
So...ground floor is all public
- 1st floor is the one with hidden apartments (in total 4 apartments) and a corridor, this one marked as public
- 3rd floor is the swimming pool area, marked as public
- the 4th and the 5th one is my private apt
- at the 4th floor I have a very small space (marked as public) a sort of access room for the elevator and the apt entance door
- at the 5th floor I don't have any public space and an elevator neither, only internal stairs to connect the 2 floors

screenshots soon
dodgy builder
#4 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 7:33 PM
Your sure you have completely closed the public area on 4th floor. Only leaving the access door to the apartment? Make sure the hall there on the 4th floor have an access from the elevator to the apartment and nothing else.

Have you tried changing the stairs between the 2 floors of the apartment? There might just be something wrong with those stairs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 10:35 PM
yes the public space on 4th floor is completely closed; I didn't think about changing the stairs, I will try, thanks Volvenom
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:01 PM
So it's the 4th floor that won't work? If so, try changing that access room. It looks a little small- if it cuts through the footprint of the elevator then that may be confusing things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 3:12 PM
YESSSSSSS it works now....damn footprint; in my mind it was a 2x1 footprint not a 2x2....
However, in despite of the architect that is in me (and tried to kill me for changing the shape of the access room), now with a bigger access it works perfectly
thanks more and more and more than a lot!!!!
you are a genius!