Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:10 PM
Default WCIF: A budget mod that calculates all spending and income?
The Sims 1 had a budget panel that would display the household's income and spending, which was broke down by bills, service (maid, repair, gardener) and more.
Is there something similar for Sims 2? I know we have mods to send and receive money in the world, but anything to keep track of all that?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:52 PM
The only way you can do that is keeping track of it in something like Excel or Google docs (Excel).
There's no automatic way like for The Sims 1

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:58 PM
not sure, but Sim Manipulator and/or Sim Blender might have an option of financial info.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Daleylife : 19th Nov 2018 at 11:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
not sure, but Sim Manipulator and/or Sim Blender might have an option of financial info.

The manipulator can add/subtract funds, but it doesn't keep track and the Blender has no financial features.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

You can change finances. Add or remove money from the familyfunds and stuff like that. But keeping track of everything like in The Sims 1 is something else.

Edit
@DaleyLife
Do you mean something like a mod or so that keep track of it as in TS1 or don't you mind to keep track of it yourself?
I have made an excelfile to keep track of everything but not so much that you're more busy in Excel as in the game that looks a lot like that of The Sims 1.
But as far as I know there's nothing available to make it go automatically.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:25 PM
@lientebollemeis Yes, I'm asking if there is a mod to a similar thing to what TS1 had. It'd be so much easier if the game kept track of it.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:54 AM
It is a workaround: You can open a business and somehow make sure no customers come.
Then the business keeps track of income and expenses.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 1:46 AM
If anyone knows of anything, please let me know or if someone can assist me, i'll make a mod.
Alchemist
#9 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:34 PM
from my understanding, shipped version of game keeps track of how much each character earns through non-cheat ways. in base game; wages from carpool job, selling sim-made paintings, public school "chance cars".
though the game seems to keep track of just the total of all ways, not individual totals.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:45 PM
There isn't anything, because there is no way of modding something like that. You have to keep track yourself manually. APITB I know, but that is what it is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#11 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:58 PM
APITB = "a pain in the butt" ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 11:26 PM
You got it.

there are things like sim tracker, but it still requires you to input all the information.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:20 AM
When I asked about it some months back, I was told that it wasn't really possible to do it in-game.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 3:28 AM
How can it not even be possible?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 6:47 AM Last edited by leefish : 5th Dec 2018 at 8:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
If anyone knows of anything, please let me know or if someone can assist me, i'll make a mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
How can it not even be possible?

If you look at the BHAVs of articles that cost your sim money you will often see a BHAV called Budget - Make Transaction

The known information about it is on the wiki.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ake_Transaction

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 4:35 AM
I know, been awhile. Sims 4 just got a bills update where a sim's bills are broken down for you.

Please bare with me, I don't really understand Leefish's comment.. Are we absolutely sure there is no way for a mod to be created where a panel could open up, breaking down the household's bills by income/spending?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#17 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 10:32 AM
Just because TS4 got a new feature, does not mean it is transferable to TS2. They are two separate games with two different types of programming. The information available for you to read to try to create it was already linked above.