Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#101 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:38 PM
Except now I've used the prettiest lot in the town...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:56 PM
Well, you can always bin the house and put your new one down there.
Test Subject
#103 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:59 PM
XD I'm sure it's okay, you can always save that house to your library, bulldoze it and then restart, right?
EDIT: Beat me to the punch there. XD;

In my mind, I'm still thinking of 'what to do.' I'm trying to wait until I can find information on R1's judging (I like knowing the things I've done wrong or right - it was almost going to be wight, which is totally spelled rong, GO TYPOS!) I have a few ideas floating around my head. I'm glad there's time, though, gives me time to play around and raise my nonexistent relationship meter with EA TS3.

...or at least understand it a bit more, so I don't have massive MonkeyBars-related screw-ups again. (Ignorance is not bliss.)

I'm the best of all my towel buddies, because...
--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
grillcheesesammich: quirky linen has the highest thread count =]
snapple fact.
Inventor
#104 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:43 PM
I have ideas for this round I think. Not sure if it's going to turn out to my liking though lol

And Armiel if you happen to check in on this thread I have to say I love your round 2 entry. Love the exterior color too. Green is my fave

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Top Secret Researcher
#105 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:59 PM
Got loads of ideas but the boyfriend wont let me have a go on the computer

The houses submitted so far are really cool!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM
Kaospilot - Blow him and then get on the computer once he's fallen asleep?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:08 PM
Hehe, I like the way you're thinking.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#108 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Kaospilot - Blow him and then get on the computer once he's fallen asleep?

*cackles* Too funny.

I already warned mine earlier via text I'm wanting to start my entry this evening. I corrupted him and got him into playing the game. He's been caught up in the WA aspect of it.

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#109 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
...And Armiel if you happen to check in on this thread I have to say I love your round 2 entry. Love the exterior color too. Green is my fave

Aww, thank you :D

I'm checking all challenge threads regularly
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#110 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:19 PM
burningglare - If you want to share your house, best to do that by the regular upload channels - or if you want to upload it somewhere else, that's fine too. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up. I will submit my castle as soon as I get the prices....
Inventor
#111 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:23 PM
*hops up and down* 2 more hours and I can get home and start on this.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM
Also... ya'll know we have a live chat, right? :D

Indeed, MTS has had a live chat for aaaaages. We have two main public channels - #create (for talk about creating of all kinds for TS2/TS3, including building) and #social, for talk about boobs and how much we love banging your mom.

Click on Community > Live Chat and then pick a channel to join. We'd love to have you! And your mom! But we've already had her plenty - everyone has.

(This is, of course, not to say that you can't chat in this here thread too, just if you're interested, live chat is fun.)
Forum Resident
#113 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:50 PM
I've got ideas, too, but I want to wait to see if there are any suggestions for improvements. I'm wondering about those three little foundation things. I don't want to do pillars, but what I attempted to do didn't really work or look good, so it's back to the thinking table.
Inventor
#114 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:59 PM
I'm rethinking too. I saw someone else posted an entry and did something similar to what I had in mind so I'm trying to think up other options lol

Inventor
#115 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:45 PM
This contest almost got me to load TS3 up again as I went back to TS2. But I just didn't have time to get to it this weekend. The entries are all awesome though and I really like the way the foundation looks for round 2 so I might still do one for fun.

kittens!
Inventor
#116 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:06 PM
Ok I am now officially having a hard time thinking of what to do with this lol

Lab Assistant
#117 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:53 PM
I know it technically is making changes to the foundation, however it kinda is not. Is something like this allowed or just over the line?

1- let's say this was the original foundation
2- remove the outer line of it
3- put a floor over the just deleted foundation
4- use a fence to fake the wall back up

The endresult has the same outline for the foundation.

Top Secret Researcher
#118 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 10:05 PM
Okay, now more than even I am getting pissed about the grey bits on top of walls and the brown/beige edges of floors

At least they could have made them the same colours so that it was cohesive!

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#119 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 10:12 PM
Kaospilot, if you have patch that came with ambitions or the later, you can recolour the edges of floortiles.
Top Secret Researcher
#120 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 10:16 PM
I love you

Too bad it won't work on wall (or does it?)

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#121 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:03 PM
I am happy with my first lot. I will upload it to MTS and see if it gets accepted. It is playable. I tested it with my simmies while doing the photoshoot. however. I need to find some PILLOWS for those lounging couches! lol
Instructor
#122 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:18 PM
Well I am having trouble accessing the chat room, so I guess I'll chat here.

I had no idea we have the ability to color in the floor tile edges! Wow! Okay, well that will help tremendously with my new house!

So how far along is everyone? I've finished the basic structure-walls, windows, layout, etc. I've started finishing off the exterior. No interior is done yet, except layout. I'm doing a beach house instead of a cottage this time.
Top Secret Researcher
#123 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Kaospilot : 20th Jul 2010 at 12:22 AM.
I'm done with the house itself so need to do the garden and interior next.

Doing a super modern house that still has some charm aka it's not so empty! Everytime I make modern houses I tend to not place much in the house itself

Field Researcher
#124 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:20 AM
With the walls and roof I'm finished. Interior is giving me troubles *grrr* mainly the color scheme. My houses are usually family homes, Craftsman's styled mainly, once in awhile semi Victorian or country. This time I'm doing something completely different then what I'm use to building (not modern, not that modern is bad :D) The three squares in front didn't give me too much trouble. Not to mention I'm pretty OCD about matching styles, the set I'm using from the Sims Store doesn't have a matching set of end tables to go with it.. so its irking me.. hopefully I'll be finished tonight or tomorrow.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Top Secret Researcher
#125 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:26 AM
... and then I was kicked off the computer again by the boyfriend. Lousy SOB

Page 5 of 39