Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 9:38 AM
Default More than 8 Sims in S3 ?
Hi there,

i searched alot here but didn´t found something usefull.
I would like to know if there is a way to get more then 8 Sims each Family.

And if it is posilbe, is it core modding? Coz i can´t get the core mods running here in the DL sectoin

thx & cu
Weby

...sorry 4 my english, i´m out of school for years :)
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Webmassa
i searched alot here but didn´t found something usefull.
I would like to know if there is a way to get more then 8 Sims each Family.
Yes. AwesomeMod supports this.

And if it is posilbe, is it core modding?
Yes.

Coz i can´t get the core mods running here in the DL sectoin
That sounds like a personal problem to me, soldier.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 10:48 AM
first off, thx for ur reply

It is not a personal problem i have with the core Mods.
Its coz these mods used a changed Gameplay.package File and this file seems to be diffenrent in english and german versions of the game.

i tried some core mods but my game never start with that ones!

I would like to upload my Gameplay.package File, maybe an Expert can find some different things in there.

cu
Weby

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:26 AM
Did you install the framework that actually enables such a thing to function? Failure to start at all is a framework fail. I have plenty of Germanians who run it just fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Did you install the framework that actually enables such a thing to function? Failure to start at all is a framework fail. I have plenty of Germanians who run it just fine.

well...uumm..what u mean with FRAMEWORK?
Do u mean that dx DLL File? Then..yes i did so..

cu
Weby

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#6 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:46 AM
Well, whatever you did, you did it wrong.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:50 AM
i just replaced that DLL File like it is written in the instructions

Tentacle Of Righteousness
#8 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:29 PM
Webmassa: Did you put the Resource.cfg file in program files\electronic arts\The sims 3\ folder? Then did you put the d3dx9_31.dll in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\ folder? And finally do you have the core mod placed in \Program Files \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\ folder?

If not then you must do all of that.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:58 PM
related question: what about a mod that does more than 8 sims, that only does more than 8 sims? I'm trying to find a download or tut or something for more than 8 sims in a house for sims 3, without changing ten tons of other stuff too (meaning not awesomemod).... sorry, but it conflicts and it does too much at once.
and no I can't mod well enough to figure out how to take it from awesome mod and make it free standing, i'm not skilled enough for that. I still can't use even SimPE at all to do anything, anything I try that I think should work fine does the total opposite. I can fallow tutorials, but anything I try to do outside of that doesn't work.

actually, for the sims 2 FT also (the more than 8 sims in a house thing).

any know how to and is willing to provide some help doing so? or has someone already done it? (either just removing it all together, or making some really high number like 20 or 30 instead of 8. though changing it sounds easier than just our right removing it)
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 12:14 PM
yeah, awesome mod does too much at once
the first mod i installed was awesome mod, and my game froze every night around 1 o'clock (in-game time), even if i disable most of it's functions
removing awesome solved the problem immediately

I would prefer not using awesome, too, but even if someone made a "more than 8 only" mod, it would probably be core mod, which means i can't use, too, because it will conflict with my other core mod

it would be cool if some one is kind enough to write a tutorial on how to make a "more than 8" mod so that we can mod the files ourselves

i think the way to solve the core mod conflicting problem is for the core modders to stop just releasing their mods but also write tutorial on how their mods were made, that way, users can combine their mods on their own.

It would mean more work for core modders who do the work for free, i know, and encourage average users to core mod would raise more problems, but it would solve the conflicting problem, for those who managed to follow the tutorials.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thedownloader
yeah, awesome mod does too much at once

If AwesomeMod changes too many things for your liking, you can use the config tool to turn on/off most of its features.

the first mod i installed was awesome mod, and my game froze every night around 1 o'clock (in-game time), even if i disable most of it's functions
removing awesome solved the problem immediately

That's an EAxis problem - 1 AM is when the game calculates all its story progression events. I believe Pescado is trying to find a way to optimize the code, so the lag isn't as noticeable.

I would prefer not using awesome, too, but even if someone made a "more than 8 only" mod, it would probably be core mod, which means i can't use, too, because it will conflict with my other core mod

There's no possible way around the limit without it being a core mod, it's hardcoded into the game.

it would be cool if some one is kind enough to write a tutorial on how to make a "more than 8" mod so that we can mod the files ourselves

i think the way to solve the core mod conflicting problem is for the core modders to stop just releasing their mods but also write tutorial on how their mods were made, that way, users can combine their mods on their own.

Anyone can technically pull apart any of the mods available for download, but core modding (even something based on seeing other code) can be a PITA to do if you're not a programmer.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 1:14 AM
I really want a mod to add more than 8 people to a house as well. I also can't use awesomemod - it crashes right after startup. And anyway, this is really the only core mod I want. Nraas is taking care of everything else and I have created several non-core mods for my own use. And its entirely possible that even if I do get one, the same problem I have with awesomemod, will prevent this one from working. Hopefully in December or January I can fix my problem and it won't be an issue anymore.

I extracted the dll's from awesomemod and looked at them in C# and... wow... there are a lot of functions. I can guess which ones "might" be involved... but trial and error would be time consuming -especially if I'm completely off base. There aren't really any resources for core modding... I looked around for about an hour. It would be nice to have something out there to help...
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#13 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 4:15 PM
I haven't seen a crash-after-startup in AGES, not even the specifically-mentioned 2ray crash, so I have no idea what you're doing to trigger that.

Forum Resident
#14 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 6:44 PM
I'm running without any patches, that's what I'm doing. So I'm out of spec when I run it. It doesn't actually crash at "Start-up", it lets me in, but when I select my family for gameplay, then it crashes. It's not your problem, it's mine. Not really sure I like Sims 3 enough to bother so... that's that.

I downloaded DigitalChaos's tool and dll's and now I'm playing around with creating mod's. With any luck I should be able to make my game crash spectacularly. At the least, it's keeping me occupied. It's so boring being an unemployed software tester.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 5:47 PM
I am working on a way to atomically allow more than 8 sims in a household with my Chaos Mod Painting, but it is not easy.

The problem is that just about all of the things in the game that involve adding a new sim to a household, from asking them to move in to giving birth, involve checking for the 8 sim limit.

Unfortunately, in all the cases I've encountered so far, this limit is NOT a tunable variable, but instead it is a hard-coded integer 8.

It really should have been tunable, but the eaxoids were probably afraid that the really stupid people out there would try to set it to 32,000 and end up crashing their games all the time from the overload.

Because of this predicament, anyone wanting to have more than 8 sims per household has two options:
--Core mod the game and change the integer constant everywhere it occurs.
--Create an atomic mod that adds new interactions to the game that by-pass these limits, either through an object or by adding new sim-to-sim interactions at the start of the game through static constructors of tunable classes and game loading event delegates.

Pescado has already accomplished the former with his AwesomeMod.

I have partially accomplished the latter through my ChaosModPainting, as the latest version has an interaction for directly adding sims to your current household without checking for the 8 sim limit.

If I ever get the time, I will also add a custom birthing interactions to by-pass the 8 sim limit and allow your sims to get pregnant and have babies in a house that's already filled to capacity.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaosMageX
--Create an atomic mod that adds new interactions to the game that by-pass these limits, either through an object or by adding new sim-to-sim interactions at the start of the game through static constructors of tunable classes and game loading event delegates.

An "atomic" mod? Is that the new terminology for non-core scripting mods nowadays?

Sounds like it has some explosive potential. :D

Seriously though... You'll also need to add new interactions to replace the "Try For Baby" restrictions contained within the double bed interactions, if you are looking for an all-inclusive solution.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#17 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaosMageX
Unfortunately, in all the cases I've encountered so far, this limit is NOT a tunable variable, but instead it is a hard-coded integer 8.
Well, from what I can tell, it *IS* a constant and EAxis could very easily change it, but because it is declared as a "const", and not a tunable, compilers typically optimize constant variables by simply replacing them with the literal constant, so when WE get it, it now has a literal constant 8 everywhere.

Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 3:49 AM
Thankiossk Cool!
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 6:12 AM
come on don't give up
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 4:25 AM
I would like a mod, even a core mod, that ONLY changes the limit to how many sims in one house. I don't want awesomemod, so if there is ANY other way I would like to try it.
Scholar
#21 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissSkitty
I would like a mod, even a core mod, that ONLY changes the limit to how many sims in one house.

It doesn't make sense to maintain a separate core mod for every minor code change.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissSkitty
I would like a mod, even a core mod, that ONLY changes the limit to how many sims in one house. I don't want awesomemod, so if there is ANY other way I would like to try it.

You can turn off features from AwesomeMod that you don't like. If you're having trouble framework-wise, you would have to use that same framework for any core mod, AM or not.
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
It doesn't make sense to maintain a separate core mod for every minor code change.

It makes sense to me if it's the only thing I want to change.
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkBlue
You can turn off features from AwesomeMod that you don't like. If you're having trouble framework-wise, you would have to use that same framework for any core mod, AM or not.

I am not having framework problems at all. I just don't want it simply put.
Site Helper
#25 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 8:17 PM
MissSkitty, if you're happy with a core mod which does just this one thing, then it should be fairly easy to create. If you can't figure out what to change, you could look at an existing core mod, such as AwesomeMod, which does this. Use the existing options to help you find the areas in the code which require changes.
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Thread necro, referred to WCIF
Page 1 of 2