Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:26 AM
Where can I find smaller parking for motorcycles?
Good morning! I love that my sims have motorcycle and bicycle, but! I don't like to use the same space for parking them than a car. So, I know that with "move objects" I can put the motorcycle wherever is better for my sim, however, I really would like to have a normal parking for my sims' motorcycle smaller than a normal parking car (what is the point to have a motorcycle if actually it uses the same space than a car?).

So, my question is: Where can I find smaller parking for motorcycles? using the properly space for motorcycles parking.

I could not find it, maybe does not exist.

Awaiting your answers!!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:39 AM
I think to have a smaller parking spot the motorbike itself would need a smaller footprint. As you place it you will notice its footprint is as large as a car. Not saying it couldn't be done though, I'd love something like that for my tiny hood as most sims there own either a motorbike or a push bike.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:17 PM
I'm very sorry for this stupid question but "footprint" is the "number of squares" that takes up an object on the grid?
In that case, I guess all motorbicyles should takes up 3 squares, and according to that the parking could be 3 squares, is it that what you mean?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 11:02 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:31 AM.
yes, that's exactly what I mean. The motorbike would have started out as a cloned car simply with the footprint kept. I don't see why they both couldn't be smaller, would just take someone who knew how to change it. Unless there is some set reason for the size.

Edit: I asked someone and have been told it is probably possible but could be hard to do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 3:00 PM
Wow!! thanks for asking!! of course, I cannot imagine the work it takes!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by la_rrocker
Wow!! thanks for asking!! of course, I cannot imagine the work it takes!

@la_rrocker
Did you try the cheat move_objects on?
I guess then it doesn't matter how big the footprint is. Maybe you don't need a parking spot anymore either.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
@la_rrocker
Did you try the cheat move_objects on?
I guess then it doesn't matter how big the footprint is. Maybe you don't need a parking spot anymore either.

I'm pretty sure that if you want your bike/motorcycle to be rideable, it has to sit on a parking spot. You can sit a driveable vehicle anywhere with moveobjects turned on, but they won't be usable unless they're on a parking spot. They'll just be decorative.

THAT said, there are things you can do:
1) You don't technically need both driveway pieces. Just the "extension" piece will do, although this will break the animations so that the vehicle "teleports" from its parking spot to the road. If the animation isn't important to you, though, then this frees you up quite a bit.
2) With moveobjects turned on and using an invisible recolor of the driveway piece, you can place objects on most of the driveway piece as well as terrain-painting and/or using floor tiles in the space that the (invisible) driveway piece will occupy. The only tiles that need to be clear of objects are the ones that the vehicle sits on when placed on the driveway piece. You can even place the driveway piece partially underneath/inside the house, so long as you build the house first (because you can't build walls/foundation on top of driveway pieces) and then place the driveway with moveobjects turned on. You can also place the extension piece over the sidewalk/road. (This will likely interfere with the path that walkbys walk, but you can move the pedestrian portals to compensate.) You can also place a driveway piece sideways (This mod will make it easy.) on top of the road, turn grid-snapping off, and maneuver the driveway piece so that the parked vehicle's tires are against the curb, then make the driveway piece invisible. This would be especially effective with a small vehicle like a motorcycle, since it wouldn't take up most of a road lane. Again, doing all this will break animations and you have to leave the tiles the vehicle sits on free of objects so that Sims can move around and get into and out of the vehicle. But with this in mind and a little creativity, you can have a driveable vehicle on (what appears to be) a fairly small space or on no on-lot space at all if you utilize the otherwise-unusable road space.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:12 PM
ok, I just put the motorbike without parking spot and that what happened: sim can have all action avaliable but cannot do anything because appear all the time this message "A vehicle is trying to return, but there are not avaliable driverways. You must first place a driverway in order for the vehicle to return". The sim will be stuck there for ages and the only way to stop this is come back to neighborhood and re-enter to the lot, basically restart the game.

The answer on top of this, that's is brilliant when sims have space, but if they are living in a flat, there is not space even for the horizontal one (btw, I love that mod!!).

Anyway, so far there is not any footprint smaller than a "car size", so it's mean my poor sims need to go walk to everywhere on foot LOL.

Is there a forum where I could ask for a resquest like that? Is not easy, so, there is not, I understand.

Thank you for your investigation, as well!!