Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:06 PM
Default Disc authorization failure and origin issues
Hello,

I am currently trying to run sims 3, showtime, town life stuff, pets, design and high tech stuff, late jighnnight, outdorr living stuff, amibiyioaambitions, fast lane stuff, world adventures, supernatural, university life, generations, using the university disc on a macbook and am getting the dreaded disc authorization failure message.

The games have been running previously, message appeared was fixed temporarily and now is appearing again. The machine does read other discs fine, and does meet the minium specifications.

I have tried: complete uninstall reinstall, deleting caches, cmd+alt+p+r (recommeded by ea) and most recently origin. I believe that the origin solution might work however I may be doing something wrong and would like others input at this point.

So far I have uninstalled university life, registered it with ea, then redeemed product code on origin. At this point the pack appears in my games, with the option to 'play' which I press, and surprise surprise it then asks for a disc. At no point am I given an install option via origin. Any thoughts?

Thank you and I'd appreciate any input
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 6:12 PM
Default BlueBellFlora's Blog, a good place for Mac Simmers
I'm not sure if this'll help, but when I was getting that error I did a clean uninstall and re-install. You mentioned that, but did you make sure to delete the transgaming files found in your Library? This link might be helpful to you: BlueBellFlora's Guide. If that doesn't work try going through their tips for playing Sims 3 on a Mac. I hope you fix your issue. ^_^