Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 6:04 PM
Default WCIF Default Eyelash Replacers
Hey everyone. I was looking for a way to REPLACE EAs default eyelashes. I have searched high and low and couldn't find any replacements. Is this just not a possible mod? I know all about Kijikos eyelashes but I was wondering if there's one that just gives all the Sims eyelashes. By the looks of it, I'm guessing there isn't. I think it's pretty lame that EA did that with the eyelashes. Aren't we about to enter 2019? I know the game is older, but still. Hopefully they are in 5. I know it's not a huge deal or anything, but I am always a fan of little details in games. They add that little touch. But anyway, if you have some secret knowledge of these, please share! Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 5:36 PM
SO here's the thing, eyelashes by Kijiko and Plum have one thing in common: they are taking the place of a ring, glove, or eye glasses. This means that moving them into a default could potentially cause a lot of problems. You would end up with townies walking around with these weird errors for lashes (because we all know they love that weird eyeball ring). At this time, it just isn't possible. The creation of lashes requires something that the game doesn't sort as separate. So, to answer the question, regardless of the year we're in, it won't be possible unless EA releases a change to this (which is doubtful)
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rogueandroyal
SO here's the thing, eyelashes by Kijiko and Plum have one thing in common: they are taking the place of a ring, glove, or eye glasses. This means that moving them into a default could potentially cause a lot of problems. You would end up with townies walking around with these weird errors for lashes (because we all know they love that weird eyeball ring). At this time, it just isn't possible. The creation of lashes requires something that the game doesn't sort as separate. So, to answer the question, regardless of the year we're in, it won't be possible unless EA releases a change to this (which is doubtful)

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Sucks to here there isn't much that can be done. I didn't think the eyelashes would matter much until I tried them and noticed how just that small detail seemed to add more life to my Sims. But I'm not planning on editing every Sim to give them eyelashes. lol Hopefully they fix it for the next Sims, assuming one ever comes out. I like 4, but definitely think it's a step backward from 3. Holy 5 can combine elements of them both. Anyway, thanks again.
Space Pony
#4 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JustinJames
like 4, but definitely think it's a step backward from 3. Holy 5 can combine elements of them both. Anyway, thanks again.
I would like to see it be the best of 2 and 3, with the new build and create-a-sim elements added in from 4. For example, build a house with 5 stories and foundation on water (2), custom-colored furniture (3), and modular rooms (4). Okay, 2's ponds + 3's pools + 4's fast building. I'd pay good money for that--- plus disks for the game, instead of internet activation.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
I would like to see it be the best of 2 and 3, with the new build and create-a-sim elements added in from 4. For example, build a house with 5 stories and foundation on water (2), custom-colored furniture (3), and modular rooms (4). Okay, 2's ponds + 3's pools + 4's fast building. I'd pay good money for that--- plus disks for the game, instead of internet activation.

I miss building really tall buildings! I'll never forget one mansion I built these two towers on each side, toward the back of the house. Then I built this indoor hallway all the way up top that connected the two. It was so cool looking. Plus, ya know, elevators. lol I really miss actual elevators. I feel like the Sims 4 engine needs a lot of work, because it seems they are limited in doing simple things that us Simmers really want. Like how babies and pools weren't base game because it took so long to get them to work right. Things like spiral stairs and real elevators are still absent. I hope they build a better engine that allows them to do things like that a little easier. I think they need to take the open world aspect from 3 and the neighborhood aspect from 4 and make open neighborhoods. I understand not making it open world, as that can be taxing. But no more load screen to go see my neighbors! Sorry, rant over. lol