Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 2:21 PM
Default Brindleton Bay 64x64 lot is buggy and laggy for sim behavior
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but Brindleton Bay 64x64 lot has sim behavior lag. I think it's a bug. Sims will stand around frozen for up to an hour before taking their next action. I tried repairing the game, removing all mods, placing a smaller build, reducing the max sims in the world allowed to 150, clearing all sim/family inventories, deleting ghosts, pruning relationships, Same thing. My pc should be able to handle it, Sims 4 isn't close to maxing my cpu, graphics card, or drive. If I take the same house build and sims and place them on another 64x64 lot in a different neighborhood like Windenburg there's no sim behavior lag. Sims zip around and complete actions immediately, it's like night/day difference between the two lots.

There were a few comments on forums that this lot has these lag issues due to lots of trees and heavy graphics in Brindleton Bay. But my pc isn't showing a large load on the graphics card, cpu, or memory. It looks like the problem is actually a bug in the game.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:06 AM
That is very odd. Have you tried making a new game as well, or is it the same family you move around? Why should one lot have that kind of lag?

Lots of trees in the world shouldn't affect 1 lot more than others.