Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 12:13 PM
Default WCIF - TS1 extracted ingame icons?
Hi guys!
As for the title, does anybody know where I can find extracted icons from the game? I mean like for buy mode, build mode and similar?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:15 PM
Honestly, I'm not even sure if they're separate icons, they might be one big image. Can't you find a UI folder somewhere in the installation folders?
If I remembered someone editing the UI I might be of more help, but I think no-one ever did or could. You might have to make them out of screenshots.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Isa-WP
Honestly, I'm not even sure if they're separate icons, they might be one big image. Can't you find a UI folder somewhere in the installation folders?
If I remembered someone editing the UI I might be of more help, but I think no-one ever did or could. You might have to make them out of screenshots.

Hi @Isa-WP, thank you for answering.
I think they might be somewhere on the CDs as you said , but unfortunately I don't have them with me to check.

In the end I just cropped them from game screenshots and made my own pics (I should have mentioned it, I didn't need necessarily .ico files).
I had to work a bit with Paint for some of them, but I got what I needed
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 10:08 AM
They're embedded in the IFF files of objects. You'll need a program to extract IFF files from FAR files, and use IFF Pencil to extract the icons. Mercifully several objects tend to be combined in a single IFF file so it's not as tedious as it sounds.

For UI it's the same deal, just that they're in UI IFF files instead.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 5:42 PM
Uhm I could try that just to have them for the future.

Any specific software that could open .iff files? I tried one on ATS but it said the file was empty (I picked one in the 'The Sims' folder).