Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 3:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Create a world problem
Hey.
Ive been trying to edit a world using the create a world tool. This world already has lots and buildings in it, but I just wanted to change the terrain slightly and add a new lot (the world has no available 60x60 lots for my mansion, so I wanted to edit the terrain to add one. The world is St Claires by the way)
Anyway I've done that, but every time I try to save it the CaW tool just becomes unresponsive. I left it for about an hour and a half and it was still unresponsive.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to be doing something other than just saving this world over the previous one, to be able to play it?

Thanks
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 3:20 PM
What CAW version?
What base game version?

Did the troubleshooting in the CAW not running thread tutorial? The sticky in the CAW forum, with useful resources has a link to this thread.
One of the suggestion was to test on a clean set of user folders.

Anyways, have you tested on clean user folders with tiny-to-large maps containing one single Lot, and save? If yes, then the St Claires WIP file have something corrupted. You can try cleaning out the Global Layer or you can also re-import all the data all over again from your WIP files.

Oh, I just remembered we have a stickied CAW Help thread right here...you'll find the link to the thread I mentioned in the Sticky in this section of Help, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
What CAW version?
What base game version?

Did the troubleshooting in the CAW not running thread tutorial? The sticky in the CAW forum, with useful resources has a link to this thread.
One of the suggestion was to test on a clean set of user folders.

Anyways, have you tested on clean user folders with tiny-to-large maps containing one single Lot, and save? If yes, then the St Claires WIP file have something corrupted. You can try cleaning out the Global Layer or you can also re-import all the data all over again from your WIP files.

Oh, I just remembered we have a stickied CAW Help thread right here...you'll find the link to the thread I mentioned in the Sticky in this section of Help, too.

Hi
This is all done with a clean install of TS3 and CaW, I haven't played TS3 yet I was just going to download and edit this world and then start playing but I can't due to my problem - so I haven't followed the instructions of those stickies as it's a fresh install anyway.
My CaW and TS3 are both at the latest patch.

I guess what Im really asking is, is it normal for the CaW tool to be unresponsive for such a long time when saving a world? The world IS pretty big - 165mb.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 5:53 PM
Default Graphics glitch?
Hey
Does anyone know how to solve this glitch ( or well, I assume it's a glitch ) that is giving me extremely shitty textures anywhere that isn't my home lot?

Site Helper
#5 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 6:23 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 7th Feb 2013 at 2:44 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4068844, 4068846
I'm not an expert on CAW, but I would suggest playing the game, and saving the game once. (You don't even necessarily need to start a household, just start a new game in a random neighborhood and then save.)

It might not have generated folders that it didn't need yet, and CAW might be looking for one of them.
---
First: What graphics card do you have? And I suppose we should get the rest of the system specs as well. (Please use the template) http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:System_Specs

That level of non-detail is low enough that it probably shouldn't be the default on any decent card.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 2:43 PM
You claimed not to have any CC, but you're editing a CC world? Does not compute, there, buddy.
What I understood by you saying you have absolutely no CC is that the world is no longer installed in Launcher and so not found in InstalledWorlds folder? How about St Claire's CC? Also no longer installed and found in DCBackup folder? Perhaps that's why the Save took so long...CAW can't locate the files it needs to reference for the Save to proceed. Did the save even "took"? Or you had to quit after 1 1/2 hours of waiting for it to complete saving? Are the changes there when you next load the .world?

I have merged your 2 threads; please just maintain one thread so we can see if they are inter-related, or not. You're after all using one machine, yes?

As a consequence, @ghost, your posts got merged, too.