Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 8:00 PM
Default My Annoyances with the Newest Patch
They fit.. Oddly. Very baggy and unattractive, with the male clothes on a female body. The dress shorts, for example, look like they also shoved a pillow in there. I had high hopes for this patch, since I myself am transgender and relatively androgynous. But they just look like children playing dress up!The men, however, look far better. I love the gender possibilities. My self-sim can now be accurate in many ways that I utterly adore.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 8:30 PM
It seems they just put morphs without changing the mesh, meaning oddly shaped when morphed because the mesh was never intended to be morphed in such a way.

Of course did you people REALLY expected EA to redo all male and female meshes instead of just allowing certain morphs?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
It seems they just put morphs without changing the mesh, meaning oddly shaped when morphed because the mesh was never intended to be morphed in such a way.

Of course did you people REALLY expected EA to redo all male and female meshes instead of just allowing certain morphs?

The female clothing on male frames looks fine, but male on female? Looks awful :S
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 9:46 PM
I personally find that about half of the male clothes look relatively good on females, while the other half does indeed look a bit odd.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 12:11 AM
That's true. I also find that the longer feminine hairstyles deform on masculine sims

I guess we'll have to wait for these issues to either be fixed in a patch, or with a mod
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 2:24 AM
I haven't been on the game after this update, is this optional? A male sim in a skirt will look weird in my period storylines lol

Visit my tumblr
The Historical Sim
http://unsinkablejoe.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsObsessed
I haven't been on the game after this update, is this optional? A male sim in a skirt will look weird in my period storylines lol

Yes, everything is totally optional. Nothing will be changed with new NPC's either.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 2:42 AM
Which is why I'm wondering why people are freaking out - EVERYTHING defaults to cis, but there's an option for non-cisgender and the ability to wear anything.

Why the fighting?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 2:59 AM
The only thing that bothers me is now I get to re-do all my male mesh mods again. -_-
Forum Resident
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 3:43 AM
I tried making a Michelle Obama sim with a masculine physique and I found that most of my CC makeup was unavailable. Is it like this with all sim types now, or..?

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
I tried making a Michelle Obama sim with a masculine physique and I found that most of my CC makeup was unavailable. Is it like this with all sim types now, or..?

I think it'll be a simple matter of adding the cc to more CAS categories once tools like Sims4Studio have been updated. None of my male sim clothing shows up for a female masculine type or if i set a male to feminine so it's in general right now.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linkster123
I think it'll be a simple matter of adding the cc to more CAS categories once tools like Sims4Studio have been updated. None of my male sim clothing shows up for a female masculine type or if i set a male to feminine so it's in general right now.

So I have to reinstall all my CC now?

My Claim to Fame
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
So I have to reinstall all my CC now?

Not all but certain items like clothing that is set to be say "formal" will probably have to be updated now to also be "formal + feminine" or "formal + masculine," etc.

A LOT of cc will have to be updated now to show up for more than one gender or body/clothing type whereas before it just had to be male or female.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 4:08 AM
*sigh* And the transphobes have 100% rolled in. Add that to my list of annoyances..
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 4:29 AM
Yeah, I was all excited and all but it definitely needs some changes. And apparently it kinda fuck up cc
Forum Resident
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linkster123
Not all but certain items like clothing that is set to be say "formal" will probably have to be updated now to also be "formal + feminine" or "formal + masculine," etc.

A LOT of cc will have to be updated now to show up for more than one gender or body/clothing type whereas before it just had to be male or female.

That's really aggravating. Most of what I use on sims is CC. I wish that it wasn't required to install this update...

My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
Yes, everything is totally optional. Nothing will be changed with new NPC's either.

Umm, have you actually tested that in game? In my game a male barista arrived at the cafe for work wearing pink heels. And that is with the first NPC i've seen since downloading the patch. I can't imagine what the rest of the game is going to look like.

Maybe that's how you play, but that's not how i play. But i guess that choice has being taken from me, but not for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
Umm, have you actually tested that in game? In my game a male barista arrived at the cafe for work wearing pink heels. And that is with the first NPC i've seen since downloading the patch. I can't imagine what the rest of the game is going to look like.

Maybe that's how you play, but that's not how i play. But i guess that choice has being taken from me, but not for you.

Well, thats odd. I havent ran into any myself.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 8:00 AM
Fired up my game and stop the update. I don't why they change the way they use to update, I have everything turned off in my game from EA and Origin and it still auto updates. I switch to go offline but when I try to start game with Origin Go Offline and end task with Origin it throw me an error saying in couldn't start the game. I had to go totally offline then open Origin and log back in to start my game.Then I ended task for Origin then came out of my game and had my computer go back online. Broken CC is a total game breaker for me. I hardly use any of the game clothes let alone the hair. I'm sure you may get NPC dressing that way men in high heels, etc because anytime I put new CC in game a new townie or NPC will have it on. I had some wrinkles in my game that all my new spawn NPC had them on. I had to take them out they took over ever male sim that would come up in CAS. I was sick of removing them to make a sim. So yes we are going to need a patch for the patch Good Old EA never learns from their past mistakes. Like when they messed CAS up with the aliens. To each it own, I don't care what someone does in their game but at the same time I do not want males sims running around my hood in stilettos, blue eye shadow and sweats or female sims at night in formal wear and beards. Hackers have made it possible to have that option even in Sims 1 if you wanted it but let EA get it's finger all up in it and they screw it up. So it looks like for now I will be putting off the Game pack until CC and hacks are updated and EA fixes the bugs they just put into the game and I'll have to take my computer offline every time I want to start up my game. SMDH.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 8:03 AM
I like it a lot and I believe it is a brave and just thing to to. Execution is a bit strange sometimes... But beggars can't be choosers.

I guess my "Long skirt for men" is obsolete now. Though I think I made a better fitting mesh and I had some extra colors...

I would like to add that the important cause of gender equality was not the first reason why I made this . I have a lot of fantasy inspired sims, and this update offers whole new opportunities for dressing wizards and suchlike. Anyway, it is excellent.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 3:15 PM
Not everyone is going to like the same thing I'm happy with it personally and will enjoy being able to use the 'new' hair and clothing. Also, I think a lot of the NPCs look strange anyway with some of their clothing choices I've seen an npc child running around in shorts and nothing else in a club
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Velouriah
I like it a lot and I believe it is a brave and just thing to to. Execution is a bit strange sometimes... But beggars can't be choosers.

I guess my "Long skirt for men" is obsolete now. Though I think I made a better fitting mesh and I had some extra colors...

I would like to add that the important cause of gender equality was not the first reason why I made this . I have a lot of fantasy inspired sims, and this update offers whole new opportunities for dressing wizards and suchlike. Anyway, it is excellent.

I like the skirt you made for men, and will be keeping it in my game for the extra colors.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:48 PM
I've tried some of the female hair on my males but they don't stick once I leave CAS. They end up reverting back to a random male hair. Hope they fix that.
Inventor
#24 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 1:25 AM
i've just been in CAS and had a bit of fun. finally, female sims can wear male pyjamas! *rejoices* ok, the pants look baggy, and some of the female clothes looks daft on the men, but i don't care. this is something i've wanted for ages.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 8:19 PM
My problem with the 'entirely optional' claim is that it's not 100% true. I've had some weirdness with Sims' career outfits recently, and at the science lab the two men were both wearing women's dresses. Both are supposed to wear masculine clothes. Also, one of my alien Sims' disguises was generated with masculine clothes while she wears feminine clothes.

Now this could be caused by something else entirely, but what it means for me is that the game can - and sometimes will - generate clothes for a Sim regardless of their 'preference'.