Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#101 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
I was just wondering that since we're allowed a collage for the regular mugshot if we're allowed to use one as an expressive facial in the collage? Such as one neutral frontal and one a bit more expressive?

Yes, you can use any expression in a collage, but make sure that the neutral shot is present and clearly visible in it. Also, since all pictures became smaller when combined, keep the size as big as you can

Daniandan, for the Round 2 the rules require to take all your pictures in game Live Mode, not in Create-A-Sim screen. Do you want to change your pictures before I link your entry in the main post? You have plenty of time for this round for this.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:28 AM
When the scores for the 1st round be posted?
Test Subject
#103 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:39 AM
So I'm preparing for round 2...I just want to find out if the scores are up yet and if they are where can I go look for them?
Thank you
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:00 AM
The scores will be late this time due to the very early ending of the round 1. Some of our judges have important RL stuff this week, so I expect that the scores may be not sooner than 27th. I'm sorry for the delay, if some of you will need more time for Round 2 because of this, please PM me and will extend the timeline for it.
In the meantime, you can start planning your Round 2 or enjoy the free time until the scores arrive

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Mad Poster
#105 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
Yes, you can use any expression in a collage, but make sure that the neutral shot is present and clearly visible in it. Also, since all pictures became smaller when combined, keep the size as big as you can

Daniandan, for the Round 2 the rules require to take all your pictures in game Live Mode, not in Create-A-Sim screen. Do you want to change your pictures before I link your entry in the main post? You have plenty of time for this round for this.

Yeah, i'll fix them up now

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
#106 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 9:13 AM
The scores will be late this time due to the very early ending of the round 1. Some of our judges have important RL stuff this week, so I expect that the scores may be not sooner than 27th. I'm sorry for the delay, if some of you will need more time for Round 2 because of this, please PM me and will extend the timeline for it.
In the meantime, you can start planning your Round 2 or enjoy the free time until the scores arrive

Thank you ^_^
Mad Poster
#107 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 11:02 AM

Done. I've fixed it up now

Test Subject
#108 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 1:07 PM Last edited by EileenJ : 30th Nov 2012 at 3:28 PM.
Default The Smell of Sweet Revenge.

Daisy Brook - 28
She may not look it, but Daisy is a total horror maniac. Her dream was to become a make-up artist, but that didn't work out. "Apparently people don't like blood or scars on their children's faces at a birthday party". So she decided to go into acting. With her good looks and crazy ways she got to star in all kinds of horrors right away. She got a huge roll in the next horror film :The Smell of Sweet Revenge, playing a abandoned doll (Lulu) seeking revenge on her owner...

The Smell of Sweet Revenge.
Maggie a 9 year old girl bought a life sized doll seeking a friend. She named her Lulu. They did everything together tee parties, dress up even sleepovers. They where best friends until Maggie turned 16. Seeking real friends and falling in love with boys Maggie started to abandon Lulu. At the age of 18 Maggie was moving out of her parents house. While packing, she dropped Lulu, cracking her face. Tired of the doll, Maggie threw her out. Feeling sad and betrayed Lulu laid on the trash heap. One night a thunder storm approached...A thunder blot filled the sky, hitting Lulu, filling her with energy. With her new ability to move as she pleases she has decided to get revenge...Maggie was going to pay for what she has done. Lulu will stop at nothing to get her revenge and she will kill anyone who gets in her way.

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 1:45 PM Last edited by Eternila : 1st Dec 2012 at 2:37 PM.
So, here's my 2nd entry! :D

Jasmine Harrington

Jasmine was born in Argentina with her single parent, her mother Isabella. Most of her free time she spent playing video games and watching old movies, mainly from the horror genre. She speaks fluently English and Spanish, which helped her in getting the role of the main antagonist in The Sweet Smell of Revenge

Sarena
No, I don't have an obsession for names starting with 'S'

Movie: The Sweet Smell of Revenge

Sarena is the leader of the devil cult called Demonis. The Demonis are known for murdering innocent villagers and hiding the traces with roses. It was well known that the leader drank the blood of the people the witches have murdered.
This massacre continued until a brave woman called Amelia locked the leader of the devilish cult in a coffin and trapped it under layers of earth crust. That was the last activity of the Demonis, until after many and many years, an archaeologist discovered Sarena's grave and let her out of her isolator from the world.
Now she seeks revenge in Amelia's grand grandchild.

Test Subject
#110 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 2:04 PM Last edited by Starfish_Niccles : 30th Nov 2012 at 4:37 AM. Reason: Updating picture
Round 2!
Apple Jackson

Apple grew up on a farm in Riverview with her father, Ted, and her little sister Sunny. She had a happy childhood repairing cars with her dad and raising her sister pretty much single-handedly after he died in a motorcycle accident when she was 16. Apple is a good girl who is still quite innocent, she helps out local charities, works as a mechanic to support her sister and loves to street race. Apple sees acting as another fun way to earn money so that she can send Sunny to university as she studied drama and engineering when she went and enjoyed it thoroughly, she stars in her first movie this fall after a lot of theater work. Ted Jackson named his little girl Apple because of her little, round, chubby face and bright green eyes.

Movie Title - Operation X
Character - APMM/147 (Amaranth-Pink Mus-Musculus)

Professor Cray Greyson of Twinbrook had a dark secret in his basement; hundreds of rats, with cannibalistic tendencies, in containment units that he gave drugs.
The reason for this strange habit you ask...heartbreak as Cray's only child Fione had had enough of her father's workaholic attitude and strict parenting and so ran away to Bridgeport to live with her mother who left years before.
Greyson missed his daughter and turned insane deciding he would create the perfect serum to turn his daughter's abandoned mouse into a human - this was Operation X.
APMM/147 was a beautiful albino house mouse with bright pink eyes, glossy snow white fur and a brilliant, genius mind; he believed she could read and that she was the most perfect specimen so testing began on the rats and many of them died along the way.
It's the present day and Amaranth has awoke to the house in flames and several huge mutated rats fleeing into the night to attack the town's people, her creator having vanished and a letter stuck to her containment unit, the letter containing her full name, Cray's research findings and a simple sentence calling her his second child.
Cray Greyson did not realise that once the serum worked on one specimen it would work on all of the rest of the surviving ones.
Amaranth now has purpose - to save Twinbrook, round up the murderous rats and find the professor but can this innocent little mouse handle human emotions and the horror the world has to offer a mutant?
Amaranth has some help along the way in the form of Fione Greyson who returns to town, with her boyfriend Jake Matthews, who has read about her father's disappearance but are the two really her allies or could they be her bloody end?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#111 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 3:13 PM
for the horror pictures
is it ok to have an extra sim in the picture
for example. to play a victim, or a killer etc.
as long as we make it clear which one is the actor we are submitting
Test Subject
#112 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 3:18 PM
i will wait untill i get the scores
before submitting my new sim
i get supernatural on the 27th so that may be helpful for round 2
Scholar
#113 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:26 PM
Does a zombie film count as horror or thriller?

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Field Researcher
#114 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:47 PM
@ wizkid770 Elexis posted this in the rules for this round:
Full body shot of your Sim in the costume/makeup of the character. The Sim must be shown in full height! This is your "promo" shot, you can use creative poses, props and effects. Making a scene for the background is nice, but not required, you can just use plain background if you like. You can show other Sims in this picture, but make sure that your main character is the one that draws the attention. CC usage is not limited. Please, keep photoshopping at minimum - don't alter the background or add effects, try to use what you have in game instead.

@ minimogut I would assume zombies are fine as they are part of the horror genre but we'd better hear it from Elexis first :D
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:41 PM
wizkid770, yes, you can have another Sim in your 3rd picture as long as it's clear which Sim is your main character.

minimogut, technically zombies do count as horror, but it really depends on how you interpret it (I've seen some comedies with zombies too). You can make a horror film even from a child's bed story, so your interpretation is what really matters here.

daniandan, your pictures look a little squished, are they supposed to look like that?

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Mad Poster
#116 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:52 PM
wizkid770, yes, you can have another Sim in your 3rd picture as long as it's clear which Sim is your main character.

minimogut, technically zombies do count as horror, but it really depends on how you interpret it (I've seen some comedies with zombies too). You can make a horror film even from a child's bed story, so your interpretation is what really matters here.

daniandan, your pictures look a little squished, are they supposed to look like that?

Yeah, that's the best i can do on my laptop at the moment

Scholar
#117 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:08 PM

Meet Naomi Bower, age 27.
She's been acting since a young age, getting her start in theater, commercials and radio broadcasting. As she got older, she started to rebel against the little angel she typecast as. As a result, she was more than happy to get a new agent - one who actually understood what she wanted. So far, she is best known for her role as the insane antagonist in the "Puzzle" movie trilogy.

Now, Naomi plays as "Drake" in the newest thriller, "Operation X." As a government agent gone rogue in the face of a worldwide catastrophe, Drake wanted nothing better than to disappear. Just another nameless corpse. That is, until said corpses began to rise again, feasting upon the flesh of the living. Now, Drake - determined to survive against the hordes of undead and the government agents, sent to destroy her - must utilize her old training in an attempt to survive alongside a ragtag band of rather questionable allies.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Forum Resident
#118 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 10:10 PM Last edited by missy harries : 27th Nov 2012 at 1:24 PM.
Default The Silent Hunter
Delano Zomboy, Age 32

Delano is always type cast as the bad guy and actually being a vampire doesn't help. He hopes one day to land a role to show his softer side, such as saving kittens instead of eating them which he had to do for a previous role...... He also likes rabbits.

The hunters become the hunted in The Silent Hunter. Starring Zomboy as 'the hunter'. An ancient creature has rose in Bridgeport, vampires are on the menu. Its not long before 'The silent hunter' gets sloppy and the undead start to take notice. Can the silent hunter stay silent long enough?
Screenshots

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Field Researcher
#119 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 3:00 AM
Hey Elexis,

Do our default replacements count toward the 5-7 CC limit? I'm just wondering if I should count my default replacement skin as a "piece of CC" Thanks
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by naiyasfury
Hey Elexis,

Do our default replacements count toward the 5-7 CC limit? I'm just wondering if I should count my default replacement skin as a "piece of CC" Thanks

Yes, default replacement skins count as a CC, since technically it's still custom content even if it replaces something from the game

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 6:38 AM
Round 2 timeline is extended

Due to the scores being late this round, the timeline for Round 2 is extended! Few people asked for more time, so now you have 10 more days, so this makes at least a week for you to work on your entries once the scores are in

This round will end December 6 and one second to midnight GMT.
The new countdown for the round is here .

Also, I allow to edit your entries before the scores arrive!

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Field Researcher
#122 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 6:32 PM
Yes, default replacement skins count as a CC, since technically it's still custom content even if it replaces something from the game

That's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure :D
Test Subject
#123 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:28 PM
Question, for round 2 the screenshots have to be in game, would it be okay to use a backdrop for the close ups or would you need the background to be of something in game? If that makes any sense aha
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by booalaska
Question, for round 2 the screenshots have to be in game, would it be okay to use a backdrop for the close ups or would you need the background to be of something in game? If that makes any sense aha

If I understand you correctly, you are asking about the CC backdrop, right? You can use whatever CC or object from the game for the background, as long as you do not photoshop it

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
#125 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 10:03 PM
Yeah that's what I meant! Thanks

Page 5 of 12