Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:30 PM
Default Sweet Sixteen: Surviving High School- Home Ec! (Student Spots Available)

((Note: This RP is actually a run-off of the ‘High School: A True Reality’ RP that was hosted by LadyAshe. Because LA is leaving, and thusly has become unable to run the RP anymore, the current members have decided to create a new thread for the RP with me as your host, and Atropa assisting. So, this means it will be a continuation of the events going on in the old RP, but now it's revamped and open to new members!! You can choose to enter as a student who has been attending the school all along, or as a transfer, if you'd like. It’s not mandatory, but if you’d like to have a better idea of some of the people already involved, who their friends are, and who their enemies are, I would suggest just quickly skimming over the older RP, here . This is time-consuming, however, so we don’t expect you to do so. It’s at your own discretion. If at any point you have questions, feel free to contact me or Atropa—we are more than happy to help.))

It’s your junior year of high school, and you’ve finally hit that notoriously significant age: 16. You’ve made it through the first two years, and have settled in to your own particular group of friends. It is from these groups of friends that cliques have spawned, forcing students to distance themselves from one another in certain cliques. Brooklake is not your average and boring high school—fights, break-ups, make-ups, outrageous field trips, and parties are always occurring, and there is never a lack of drama. But with the hostilities and alliances between cliques, many a time you will find yourself caught in the crossfire. Whether you make friends, or make enemies—you will have to find a way to survive high school, or your sweet sixteen won’t be quite so sweet after all.

- All Forum and Roleplay rules apply.
- Must be a teen sim (all sims are assumed to be the same age, so the classes will be mixed if they are a student. Must be an adult/elder sim if you want them to become a professor.
- May be either Male or Female.
- You may apply for two characters maximum.
- If you haven’t posted once in a week (without providing us with a reason beforehand as to why you’ll be gone) you may be removed to make room for members more willing to participate.
- No double posting! Please be patient and wait for a response before posting again.
-Try and keep separate posts for OOC down to a minimum.
- Cursing is permitted, but don’t overuse it. If it gets too profane, you will be warned. Please be certain, however, to censor the use of the F word.
- You may RP as much as you like (meaning, there is no limit on the number of posts per day) but please DON’T SPAM.
- Be courteous to other members; even if your characters don’t get along, you still can. Remember, we’re here to have fun!!

Include this information in your application.

Student Application -
Name:
Age/Class: automatically 16/Junior
Clique: Choose from the list below
After School Activity: Choose from the list below
Brief History/Personality Description:
Anything else you might want to add: (Could be a phobia, whether they are a new student or transfer, or any other random tidbits of interest.)
Picture:

Professor Application -
Name:
Sponsor of: (choose one of the after-school activities)
Anything else you might want to add:
Picture:

Cliques: (feel free to suggest a new clique!)

Jocks - Your typical athlete. Participates in a varsity sport, is well-liked and popular, and has practically everything handed to them on a silver platter. The guys are regular Casanovas, with girls tripping over themselves to get their attention. However, they have a reputation for being a bit on the duller side, and are seen as meat-heads who never use their brain.

Preps- They are the fashionistas, the most popular kids, the cheerleaders, the rich kids. Known for being very beautiful, very well dressed, but also incredibly shallow and manipulative, as well as self-centered and egotistical. Furthermore, they’re often outrageous flirts and teases, constantly playing with the emotions of others.

Trouble-makers/Badasses- These are the kids you don’t want to mess with. Tough as nails, they walk around with a huge chip on their shoulder, prepared to strike at anything that dares to cross them. They are known for being somewhat antisocial and aggressive, but they posses the smarts that the equally brawny jocks may lack. However, unlike the jocks, when they start fights—they are almost always the ones to get the blame. If you’re a Badass, chances are that you’ll be spending a lot of time in detention.

Achievers – These are the brilliant kids; the ones who will be owning the multi-million dollar corporations when they’re older. They ace all their tests, get practically all A’s, and never miss a day of school. Despite their impeccable work ethic and standards, they are often given the label of nerds, geeks, and teacher’s pets. Although they may be picked on in high school, they’ll probably be the ones having the last laugh.

Skateboarders/Surfers – These students a the most laid-back, relaxed kids in school. With their mellow and calm attitudes, they hardly let anything phase them and never go out of their way to create drama. They’re known to be the slackers, and this is often revealed through their grades. While they may not be stupid, they certainly aren’t geniuses, and they’re notorious for being extremely lazy and a bit of the class clown.

Goths – The perpetually troubled, deep, emotional kids. They don the darkest clothing they can find, wear thick, heavy, and dramatic makeup. Often, they are incredibly pale. These are some of the most artistic kids in school, however. Be it poetry, painting, or music, one thing is for sure—they’ve mastered one type or the other, as a means to express their angst and deepest emotions. Sadly, they are often given the label of freaks, because they can be misunderstood.

Normies – The average kids. They don’t really stand out in any particular thing. They’re not over-achievers, but they’re not under-achievers either. They show up to school, make their way through the day, and maintain a balance between school and their own lives. Because they are labeled as boring, they often blend into the background, not really fitting into any one clique. The normies are often the wallflowers, but when you get to know them, they often bloom before your very eyes, or shrivel up and prove they’re as boring as they seem.

The Oddballs - The exact opposite of the Normies, the Oddballs stand out like a sore thumb. People can point them out a mile away, with their eccentric clothing and their loud mouths. Lighthearted and outgoing, they talk to anyone and anything that crosses their paths, not fearing social boundaries. While their free-spirited nature and unique ways can be a good thing in its own light, they are often looked down upon by others and labeled ‘obnoxious’ or simply 'out-there'.

After School Activities: (feel free to suggest more!)
Drama Club
School Newspaper
Football/Cheerleading
Art Club
Sports
Band

Upcoming Activities: (Open to suggestions)
School dances (Homecoming, prom, random etc.)
Field-trips (Amusement parks, Museums, Zoos, etc.)
Over-nights (Winter Ski trips, Mountaineering, Beach visits)
School-related activities (Talent shows, Field Days, etc.)

and last but not least...

Jocks:
1. Chad Richardson - StyleQueen
2. Josh Brandon - Oriana

Preps:
1. Natalia Stam - SpoonerSim
2. Jennifer Shaw - Pinkgirl
3. Nickolee Remune - Missinickib
4. Rosa Belle - RosesRRed

Goths:
1. Lucretia Avalanche - Veldagia
2. Eeric Kinsley - Trampledsneakers
3. Illoana Reetoe - Iris
4. Ariela Way - GeeWayRocks

Normies:
1. Lila Kavanagh - Trampledsneakers
2. Aideyn Lyascain - Burnziiy
3. Heather Saunders - PomPom
4. Madeline Smith - Oriana

Achievers:
1. Amber Thompson - Funheart
2. Sophia - Connectzedots

Skateboarders/Surfers:
1. Ephlin Wellth - Burnziiy

Trouble-Makers/Badasses:
1. J.D. Harper - Atropa
2. Leigh Grayson - Atropa
3. Derek Byer - Iris
4. Chris Morgan - GeeWayRocks

Oddballs:
1. Delainee Rose Meryl - Cherryp
2. Daniel Claesse Meryl - Cherryp

The Professors:

Music : Nicholas Agamemnon - Hamsterball

Teachers' Assistant/Home Ec : Becki King - StyleQueen

English : Hannah Tyler - KimKamKim

Acting/Biology : Edward Paddock

Physical Education : Erica James - Pinkgirl

Social Studies :

History: Leanne Heys - Funheart

(The person in the left column is the person buying the gift, the person in the right column is the person receiving the gift. So for example, Madeline will buy a gift for Heather, Heather will buy a gift for Chris. PM me with any questions or for clarification.)
Madeline Smith -16- Heather Saunders
Josh Brandon -13- Madeline Smith
J.D. Harper -3- Aideyn Lyascain
Leigh Grayson -9- Lila Kavanagh
Aideyn Lyascain – 12 – Jennifer Shaw
Ephlin Wellth – 11 – Chad Richardson
Chad Richardson – 5 – Amber Thompson
Chris Morgan – 10- Leigh Grayson
Ariela Way –8- Lucretia Avalanche
Amber Thompson – 7 – Josh Brandon
Heather Saunders – 14 – Chris Morgan
Natalia Stam - 1 - J.D. Harper
Jennifer Shaw- 2 - Ariela Way
Eeric Kinsley- 4 - Ephlin Wellth
Lila Kavanagh - 6 - Natalia Stam

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:39 PM
I'M SO ENTERING THIS! I'm reserving a spot as a prep!

PixieDust_Fairy

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
#3 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:41 PM
Name:
+ izabel.
+ marie.
+ laurent.

Age/Class:
+ sixteen.
+ junior.

Clique:
+ preps.

After School Activity:
+ cheerleading.

+ personality - Izabel isn't 'miss nice girl who's everybody's best friend'. She's a bitch to put it blatantly and she knows it. Girls want to be her, guys want to have her. She's really the new Queen Bee of the school. She's outgoing and rash and has everybody wrapped around her fingers. Atleast, most of the people. Sure she's not everybody's best friend, but she has an inner circle of friends who follow her around like little dogs. Spoiled and a princess, Izabel is royalty in everybody else's eyes.
+ history - Izabel's mother and father are very well known people. Her father, owns the top record label in the world, and her mother is a retired supermodel who liked to throw cellphones at her assistants. Taking her beauty from her mother, Izabel also recieved her ignorance and arrogance. Growing up, Izabel was always the popular one. She had boys in her hand by middle school. During sophomore year, Izabel started to get romantically linked with a french teacher only five years older. But that didn't matter, she was still a minor. Forced to move, Izabel and her family moved into a grand mansian off the road of the road of Brooklake High School, which she now attends.

+ fears rejection, spiders, heights, debt, becoming fat, being thrown off the map of popularity, and death.
+ transferred from a cali school.

Picture:

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:45 PM
Name: Lila Kavanagh
Age/Class: 16/Junior
Clique: Normies
After School Activity: Drama Club
Brief History/Personality Description: Lila is a girl of many complexities, a living, breathing paradox. While she is quite spunky and unafraid to speak her mind, she is equally self-conscious and unsure of herself. Ever the optimist, Lila is convinced that there is some good in everyone, and every situation. Sometimes she may come across as a bit naive, and too idealistic, but she is a loyal and trustworthy friend who never falters in matters concerning those she cares about. Perpetually smiling and giggling, her compassionate demeanor makes her easy to get along with, and makes her fast-friends with almost everyone she meets. Beneath her ever-happy facade, however, she masks any pain she experiences, because she doesn't like to burden others with her problems.
Anything else you might want to add: Lila is deathly afraid of spiders and tinfoil, has a fascination with trees and staring out windows, is extremely ticklish, and loves quotes. Also, her twin brother is currently in the hospital with a debilitating illness that she rarely mentions to anyone, save for a close few.
Picture:

#5 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:46 PM
Could you reserve a prep-spot, my highness?

:P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:49 PM
Both of you have reserved spots, so just make sure that instead of posting separately with your Application, just edit your first post to ensure people know that you were there first. :]

#7 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:50 PM
Default Dana Scherer: Application
((I hope it's okay if I changed her to the normies ))

Name: Dana Scherer
Clique: Normies
After School Activity: School Newspaper
Brief History/ Personality Description: Dana grew up with her mom, dad, and her two brothers. Soon, her mom and dad split, leaving her and her brothers with her dad. They only saw their mother on the weekend. Soon she was sent to and all girl boarding school when she was 12, and has just transferred to a public school. Her brothers are now both in college, and she is able to see her mom a lot more.
Dana is a very sweet, happy, loving girl. She is patient and likes to listen to others. Dana can be very nosy and annoying sometimes, and she can be stubborn. She tells people how she feels only if the time is right. She is somewhat outgoing, and has great creativity which she expresses through her writing.
Anything else you might want to add: She is afraid of spiders, snakes, bugs, sharks, tigers, lions, and the dark. She also had a boyfriend before she left the school, but are no longer together because they grew apart. She loves to write stories, especially novels. She hopes that one day she will become a famous writer. Music is very important to Dana, she'll listen to anything but classical. She listens to music almost every time of the day, except during class of course.
Picture:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:56 PM
That's totally fine-- Again! To any of the members of High School: A True Reality, you can choose to alter your original character, make a new one, or keep them as they were. (This includes switching their cliques). It's your choice.

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:59 PM
Default J.D. Harper
Name: John David "J.D." Harper (though few know his real name, but those who do usually know better than to call him by it.)

Clique: Troublemaker

After School Activity: Drama club. He'd rather shoot himself in the foot than actually act, but lighting, he can do. When he feels like it. (Hey, if you can hotwire a car, you're usually good with electricity. *LOL*)

J.D.'s always been a quite trouble kid, but didn't really start acting out until hitting his teens. His parents are divorced. He's living with his mother, and hasn't seen his father in the past couple of years, by choice, as the father has a serious drinking problem. When facing the choice of who to live with, J.D. figured that living with his mother was the lesser of two evils. His mother doesn't quite know how to handle him, and J.D. would prefer it if she just left him alone altogether.
In school, J.D. is far from the nicest person around. He's an ill-mannered, bad-tempered hothead, who will often resort to violence to get his point across. He's also got a problem with authority and anyone opposing him, which has earned him the spot as everyone's #1 scapegoat. If something can be pinned om him, chances are it will be.
He despises preps and jocks.

Anything else you might want to add: He's quite good at sketching, but keeps it mostly to himself as he has no need to be seen as anything but what he believes himself to be: a jerk and a delinquent.

Picture:

------------------------------------------------

Name: Leigh Grayson

Clique: Troublemaker

After School Activity: Drama club

Leigh is really quite an intelligent girl, but still does poorly in school. Having moved here with her family at the age of 13, she quickly fell in with the wrong crowd (J.D., among others), and things have gone down hill ever since.
Her younger brother Aiden is physically disabled, and that has left Leigh feeling that her parents pay more attention to him. The only thing that gives her attention, is when she's doing something bad. It might not be the kind of attention she'd prefer, but at least it's attention. And so she's become quite good at being bad (even though she might not realize her own reasons for doing what she's doing).
She's made a habit of skipping classes, and can be gone from school for days. She has a huge problem with authority, and any attempt to discipline her will be destined to fail.
Leigh has also earned a reputation for being a bit on the loose side, (which is really the result of seeking the love and affection she feels she doesn't get from her parents, and like alot of teenage girls, she mistakes sex for love) and there have been rumours that she's even been with one of the male teachers. (This rumour is, however, untrue.)
She's no stranger to partying (the self-destructive kind of way) and has had to be brought to the hospital to be stomach pumped twice. Once for alcohol poisoning, and once for taking pills in what is believed to have been an attempt to committ suicide. This too is well known, as it happened during a party almost a year ago.
To the other students she's a hellcat, and has gotten into her fair share of fist fights. She will not hesitate to punch someone if provoked. However, if you don't get on her bad side, she'll most likely leave you alone, or she might even turn out to be quite approachable.

Anything else you might want to add: Plays guitar and does back-up vocals/harmonies in a local rock band. One of J.D.'s ex's, altough they still hang out with the same crowd, and get along fairly well.

Picture:

(((I know, I know, the bio is way dramatic, but they're all teens dammit. Teens are after all so VERY dramatic. *lol* Most of the time anyway.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#10 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:00 PM
Default Lucretia: The Goth's Application
Application in progress:

Name: Lucretia Avalanche

Age/Class: automatically 16/Junior

Clique: Goth

After School Activity: Art Club

Well, what can I tell you about myself, obviously I was born wearing eyeliner. It was in the blood, the dark hair, pale skin, single groupie mum and some elusive singer who she claimed was my father. Fate wouldn’t have anything less than the rejection of normal society. Some people might describe me as dark, depressing and evil but they just don’t get the humour. Sure I love black, it’s my favourite colour but I also have a deep appreciation of crimson and silver.

I didn’t mean to burn the gym down, no really, I was just smoking a few clove cigarettes in the changing room and well accidentally uhm burned the cheerleaders' designer clothes. No one was hurt...much, there were a couple of toasted Barbie’s but no-one died. They expelled me and sent me here thinking a change of scene would do me good.

Special occassions etc.

Normal day when can't be bothered putting the falls in:
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:06 PM
Damn....I gotta enter a skater chick>.<. haha

This'll be freeform right?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:09 PM
Mhmm! It'll be freeform, but I may set up little... events. Not tasks necessarily, but occasionally little things that will keep people involved. (For example, the dances and trips that the students will take.) But there are no eliminations, and no points to be earned. However, if we find that people are bored out of their minds, we can always edit it to make it more fun!

#13 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:15 PM
[Hee! Yeay~ I'm definately joining in, and I actually think that I'm going to change characters. [Would it be alright for me to do twins? :o] But...um...I have a suggestion for a clique. How about those kids who stand out like a sore thumb, with brightly colored clothes and strange personalities. Eh...I guess you'd call them the weirdos? *shrugs* Because the character I have in mind really wouldn't fit in any of those. o_o It's just a suggestion though. It seems like there are already a good number of cliques, so it might be a little much to add another...]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:17 PM
Yay Cherry! You are welcome to do twins (everyone has the opportunity for a max of two characters, so those can be yours), and Maybe I'll just make it Goths/Weirdos. Sound okay?

edit... nah, their descriptions are too different.
Do you mean like a Raver? xD
Or just a weirdo? Because I guess I could just make another clique for the Out-There kids.

edit:
DON'T FORGET!!
You can create a Teacher as a character! They'll be just as involved, especially if there are other teachers to interact with. Who knows what might happen?

#15 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:25 PM
Ok! That's great. And... Yeah, sort of like a raver I suppose. Hyperactive and whatnot. I think an Out-There clique would work well. A group of kids didn't really fit into any of the cliques so they mold into their own clique. ;D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:26 PM
Well, since I'm not entirely sure of how to describe them, if you'd write up a quick summary of the clique like I did for the others, I'd be happy to add them as a group. :D

#17 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:27 PM
I love Jamison too much to just let him out of this lol But I changed well some things

Name:Jamison Saber
Age/Class:16/Junior
Clique:Preps
Brief History/Personality Description:Jamison lives with his father Dan and his older brother Tyler, since their parents got divorced. He was always known as 'the normal guy' which changed last summer! He spent the holidays with his Mom in California and he met some guys his age there... rich guys! His family was always rich but he never really cared about money or anything but his new friends made him wear the latest fashion, made him style his hair different and before he could even choose he already was one of them! And he kinda liked it! Back home everyone seemed to accept it and he really loves his new lifestyle!
Anything else you might want to add:nothing so far
Picture:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
Name:Bradin Spencer
Age/Class:16/Junior
Clique:Surfers
After School Activity: Sports
Brief History/Personality Description:Bradin is new to the Highschool. He was into surfing all his life, when I was in middle school he used to be the best surfer on their team. He's reall laid back and cool most of times but when he's moody he can be the biggest b*tch ever. Next to surfing he likes almost every sport.
Anything else you might want to add:Almost drowned when he tried to save a friend,who sadly died, last year in Florida.
Picture:
#18 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:30 PM
Ok! I'll get to it right away and PM it to you in a second. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:34 PM
Thank you Cherry!!

And Beautiful, that'd be fine! You're allowed a max of two characters, so he could be your second. Just add his app to Jamison's on the same post to conserve space. :] Thanks for checking!

#20 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:34 PM
Default Lori Barrett :: The Goths :: Application

Name: Lori Barrett

Clique: Goths :skull:

Brief History/Personality Description: I came to this school whenever I had just moved from another state. I didn't know anyone, but some of the popular girls picked me up. They could tell that I was (obviously) adorable, and had a nack for fashion. Later, they found that I was at school for the academics, not for boys and lip gloss. Then they dropped me. They spread nasty rumors, they didn't even make sense. It was kind of stupid though, the whole thing. I can't believe I had been munipulated like that. So I got over them and started out fresh in the Drama Club, hoping to meet new people. I noticed many people that had been in my advanced english/literature course, and began talking to more and more people like me. I guess the dark makeup and clothes just kind of grew on me, as well as some new friends. I've come along way in that club. My freshmen year I painted sets, and this year I know I'm destined for the lead role.

Anything else you might want to add: I guess you could say I'm generally a nice person. I don't smoke or do drugs, and I think cuss-ers are distasteful. I could probably make it without my friends, but it's a lot better with them. Besides drama, I'm also kind of a computer geek and like all that jazz. I've been a vegetarian since 3rd grade, and like to protest against animal cruelty. Oh, and my dead-celebrity lover is Shakesphere. :P
Scholar
#21 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:36 PM
Default Essa-al-Mudaf
Name: Essa -al- Mudaf
Clique: Achievers
After School Activity: School News Program (Which is part of the Newspaper)

Brief History: Essa moved to the US with his family a few weeks ago. Essa feels overwhelmed by a different culture and the clear lack of other Arabs and Muslims.

Personality Description: When you first meet Essa, he seems shy and quiet, but should your friendship with him grow, he will open up to you and share with you his life and experience. His more then willing to help others in need, but will hold a grudge if wronged.

Essa doesn’t respect certain groups of people, mainly the Preps who he views as unmannered women and the Trouble makers who’d rather pretend to be men by hurting others.

On the other hand he views Achievers with a high regard, and though he might not understand why the Goth would dress the way they do he respects their honesty and passion for the Arts. Also he he enjoys the company of the oddballs. They can really help you see life in a different light.

Anything Else you want to add: Essa loves cats, dislikes dogs. Enjoys simulation games that involve think and is struggling with his sexuality. He also has a habit of over dramatizing things.

Picture:

#22 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:40 PM
For clubs/afterschool activities I have another couple suggestions:

-Band
-Yearbook
-ALFA or BETA club (for all a's or all b's)
-Computer Club
-Library/Office Aid (not really afterschool, but we have these at my school and they just come to the library or office during study hall and help out)
-Sports
-Student Council
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:41 PM
Mmm, all good suggestions Panda, but everyone only joins one club, and if we had all of those, there would only be one or two people in each club. xD
So maybe pick one or two of those and we can add them? Yearbook and Sports seem good to me.

#24 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:45 PM
Lol, yeah you're probably right. But there's a band at every highschool. And what will the nerds do afterschool?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:49 PM
Not everyone in band is a nerd! haha, but that's true... it's a stereotype. But they could always write for the school paper. After all, the nerds are really the Achievers. They'd like expressing their brilliant opinions, hm? Either way.

Maybe Sports and Band instead then?

Locked thread | Locked by: AtropaMandragora Reason: RP continued in new thread
Page 1 of 96