Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#426 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Even if The Sims 4 had all the features The Sims 3 had it still wouldn't hold a candle to it's predecessors. It has issues that go beyond just lack of content.

They should just kill it off and start working on The Sims 5.

I don't trust this company with even making a Sims 5, to be honest. If people think they half-assed the sims 4 what makes people think they won't do the same with the next iteration?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#427 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
I don't trust this company with even making a Sims 5, to be honest. If people think they half-assed the sims 4 what makes people think they won't do the same with the next iteration?

Because the next iteration, hopefully, won't start out as an ill-advised venture into online gaming like TS4 did.

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#428 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Because the next iteration, hopefully, won't start out as an ill-advised venture into online gaming like TS4 did.

While that's possibly true... I personally cannot see them actually making a good quality game again.. I feel like they will try to either successfully recreate their idea of Olympus within the sims 5 or create a more mobile-like game. I know that sound pessimistic but with Eaxis I can't help but expect the worst. I tell you what though if they do come out with a Sims 5, I'm not going to just jump and buy it as I did with 4 expecting it to be better just because its the next iteration. I'm going to sit back and just watch the game... Wait a year or so and see if its worth it. They could either use what they learned right now with the sims 4 with the sims 5 and keep doing what they're doing now or continue to make the same mistakes.
Mad Poster
#430 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 12:17 PM Last edited by HarVee : 8th Nov 2018 at 3:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by violetea
I don't think there should be a TS5 until they finish upgrading TS4. Clearly TS4 lacks in everything TS3 had & isn't actually worth paying as much for. Yes, it has nice new features, but at the expense of losing key features from TS3???.... I suggest they get beefing up on TS4, otherwise they're just pooping out half baked products?!

EA has been doing that for a long time. It isn't a new practice and it isn't a practice unique to The Sims franchise. Need for Speed hasn't seen a good installment for over ten years. C&C, Medal of Honor, FIFA, and Madden franchises were ruined long before. Their Star Wars, Crysis, and Dead Space franchises are a bust. SimCity is rotting in its coffin waiting for necromancy.

As I see it all EA has left to offer is The Sims and it is clear they, Electronic Arts, have grown desperate over the years. It's a surprise they're still in business with all of their mismanagement.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#431 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh

The dilemma that hits home, like. Hoping for EA to make it is like wishing for the existence of cancer to cease to exist (not implying that the ferocious analogy shoud be downplayed before a harmless thing like the video game). And I personally think we're too naive to think that another company would create a complex, to compete in the genre, game anytime soon. Why else nobody had plans to try out or those who did wouldn't had cancel the project within days? And no, Second life and the Singles don't count as competitor, like really how can you compare them? A wooden rural hut isn't exactly close to what a wooden plank alone is.

Though what we can do is to discuss and share thoughts over history mistakes in game production (which we already doing) and to discuss ideas how the genre could take the next step in the new installment, which would be preferably best to be discussed in its own thread. Honestly, people drift off the main focus/purpose of the thread into off-topic. I mean, certain pages don't even suit the context of the thread's title.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#432 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 2:40 AM
I’m really waiting for TS5. Never played TS4 and starting to be seriouly bored about TS3. I need something new. The only thing that makes me hope in a good game is the 20th anniversary of the franchise. Maybe they’re already working hard on it. Who knows? 🙏
TS4 was really disappointing for me, I mean...not even had the curiosity to try it. 😔
Page 18 of 18