Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:50 AM
I also recommend getting the 'origin adblock' extension for tsr (and because it's a great adblocker in general). It's not detected by the website so you wont have to see ads and wait more than 10 seconds for a download
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AncientRome
That is why I sugessted that TSR should operate more like the nexus. I am also a nexus supporter.

As for mod sites go Nexus is about as good as it gets. I just wish more people would publish Sims stuff there, that way it would be easier to see when certain mods have updates and would finally have a good mod manager.

I don't use NMM or MO. Manual download and load order here. But I know tons of people do. The Nexus like TSR needs a moderation queue or something though (a bit off topic - sorry). I only keep paying, because one clothing retexture pack that's a WIP I use is almost .5 GB large now. Without the fast lane it would be a nightmare. Otherwise, I'd probably stop my premium membership, because the quality of Skyrim mods has gone way down lately except for the handful of modders I still follow (like USLEEP folks, etc).

On the other hand, the Nexus is still 100% better in terms of treating non-paying members better than TSR. I don't know about Sims stuff on the Nexus. I get most of my stuff from here or Tumblrs I know well. If Elianora or someone like that (and I believe she Sims) made CC for Sims on the Nexus I'd grab it in a second. Otherwise, I'm not sure.
Instructor
#53 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
My view remains in principle if you don't like what you experience on a site (whether it be their ads, their prices, their flash images whatever) then don't use the site or its content. Or else put up with it. If I find any site I want to use is too slow to enjoy I do without it altogether.

But.. But... My default replacement Gucci peplum blazer!!
Instructor
#54 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:17 AM Last edited by XtraSim : 14th Jan 2016 at 7:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I don't know about Sims stuff on the Nexus..

they only have like 20 sims 4 mods

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Test Subject
#55 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:17 AM
Awesome!
I might actually go and brave that horrendous site now.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 8:20 AM Last edited by AncientRome : 21st Jan 2016 at 8:58 AM.
For those who still want to use TSR, there is a hide my adblocker extension that you can use to only have to wait 10 seconds.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...gdkihhngndcdflc

There is also a semi-working adfly skipper that will skip most adfly counters.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...omajbhocfkdgmjb
Scholar
#57 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 6:29 AM
I got the add-on and it didn't work
Test Subject
#58 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 12:00 AM
Thank the sims lords for this!
Test Subject
#59 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 4:48 AM Last edited by ProphetPX : 28th Jan 2016 at 4:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by neontardis
Hey! Saw this on tumblr a few days ago, thought the MTS community might want it; https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...chrome-ntp-icon
It skips the TSR Download wait time c: Yes, it works.

ahhh that's nothin. I hacked my own filter for Privoxy to get past the wait time. My browsing to download from TSR now waits only 1 second instead of 10. In effect it "rewrites the webpage" everytime it is loaded lol And all I needed to do was learn a TINY bit of Perl regular expressions (regex / PCRE) lol

Hey, it's MY computer. FORCING me to view ads and MAKING me wait is EVIL.
I will do whatever the heck I want with MY computer. NOT THEIRS.

Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
I know ads are annoying. But if you actually like the websites that offer this content... you really should allow ads through.
Hosting a website is not cheap, and they don't ask for paid subscriptions. It is the least you can do to contribute what you can in order to keep the sites functioning.
If you DO absolutely hate the ads and the waiting, you may want to at least consider contributing to the sites such as this one or TSR just to keep them alive.
Nothing is forever, and it would be sad to lose these type of sites because people did not want to wait 10 seconds for their download.

ETA:
If you have very little money. At the very least, do not block ads. But here is some helpful information that can keep sites like this one alive.
http://modthesims.info/donate.php

I would definitely rather pay instead of view ads, but unless you plan on reaching into my wallet and somehow finding how to redeem some bit of value from pocket fluff, I just cannot do that right now.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I would guess the 10 sec download wait is similar to the traffic lights on the highway on-ramp during rush hour. It is to prevent server bottleneck and crash. So... if everyone start using this extension, it'll eventually lead to poor server bandwith response, speed, and may eventually lead to a server crash.

(It is the same reason MTS has a 30 sec wait time between searches)

I also want to point out, it might be a mistake advertising it here. I'm sure some TSR developers are also MTS members and when they discover this extension, they can easily detect it and ban any members who use it.

lol 30 seconds wait time eh? hmmm ... (views source)

Not anymore loll

Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
@ProphetPX, no double, triple or any other multi posting, please. Use the Edit function at the bottom of your posts and tabs in your browser if you want to respond to several posts in a row.

(Triple posts merged)

ahhh... well, ok then. Hi, I'm NEW here.
lol
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#60 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 8:40 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 28th Jan 2016 at 11:36 AM.
@ProphetPX, no double, triple or any other multi posting, please. Use the Edit function at the bottom of your posts and tabs in your browser if you want to respond to several posts in a row.

(Triple posts merged)
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 8:52 PM
Honestly, while I do understand why ads are even a thing, they are really inconsiderate of people like me who depend on snail data. Say, if the ads were plain images like in the old days, I wouldn't mind. Nowadays it's full of .gifs and full blown videos.
Every byte of data is important when running on 256kbps at most and I'd wish they'd respected that.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucidaSans
Honestly, while I do understand why ads are even a thing, they are really inconsiderate of people like me who depend on snail data. Say, if the ads were plain images like in the old days, I wouldn't mind. Nowadays it's full of .gifs and full blown videos.
Every byte of data is important when running on 256kbps at most and I'd wish they'd respected that.

Thank you, we were all desperately waiting for your opinion on a matter that hasn't been discussed in 9 months.
Page 3 of 3