Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2019 at 10:50 PM
Default Roof color and build lock on multiple lots
So ive been send here from the help section
Personally i feel this should be posted there but if those there think i have a better chance to get the help i wish here..

Ill be copy pasting my previous text to save myself some time, sorey about that but its late and i am tired so i wont be able to get in the details that well otherwise...

hey all i have a question about a bug in the sims3
i was making 4 lighthouse-like tombs, each representing an element (those familiar with golden sun GBA games, im remaking those to a certain extend)
now ive came across some issues due to isla paradiso ocean levels causing bugs:
-Tomb markers float issues (that has been fixed with a mod)
-Pools cant be build in a basement, found a work around:
I put a blank template in my library and went to the first world (base game world), placed it there and started working on it
everything went fine, so i saved it and returned to isla where i placed it on the ocean spot i wanted where a height alteration issue came to light: the ground got shifted to a new height making it taller then constrainfloor could ever make it (which was fine cause now it looked more like an true tower like construction) but testing if i could drop its height (cause i want all 4 lighthouses to be equal in height) i noticed the floor of the basements would break away from everything and refused to be fixed with constrainfloors (admitred perhaps if u did half the lot it might have been able to, but not thibking about that i clicked redo)

there i made the flaw of removing the template, copied as it still had the original base height that was worthless for me at this point and saved the completed lighthouse in my library, placed it on the other 3 lots and startes to remove the inside, new wallpaper amd then went to the roof
but then i found out, for some reason i cannot change the roofs color anymore, nor can i place a new dome roof or any other as they all automatically turn into the hipped roof in the old color
This was true for all the lighthouses, but for one other lot i had made i noticed the roof system still worked normally

figured it could be due to the new height issue, so i went back to the other save where i had made the first lightouse and where it all worked normally with building the first lighthouse, figured that the old one everythung worked normally and the height should be in acceptable bounds considering the rooftop tools worked normally and started to once again remove the insides and color the walls and went to the roof

BUT even then, the roofs are color locked and any roof i try to place are instantly hipped
this lot was working perfectly fine before, so i have no idea what the issue is

and seeing ive spend a lot of trial and error with making the first template to start with, and now having even more actions to do before i could make it into a lighthouse, i do not want to go trough that again (as that i am not sure if it wont get a roof bug again and if i could get it all right again for that matter (been a year since ive made the template))

So yeah to recap
-on all personally made lighthouse lots in isla i cannot change the rooftops color or place any type of rooftop (they all come uit as the hipped)
-from testing at least a single lot oitside these lighthouses is working normally
-the lighthouses are on a height that very likely is beyond what cobstrainfloor can allow me to do
-ive been able to make a lighthouse in an other world without amy problems at all
-the problem appeared after having saved the lighthouse into my library
-even the before functioning lighthouse in the other world is now suffering the same issue (while its also an newer save)

Hopefully someone can understand my faulty ability to explain stuff and is able to shed some light onto this problem (cause ive been dead set on not playing in the world until ive completed all of its mysteries (its kinda like a build the world challenge, ive nucked all outaide the nature stuff and ports and have been making some tombs, ruins and new hidden islands) so until this is fixed i cant play...)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 2:41 AM
You have posted in the right place, but this is a difficult question. Perhaps post some pictures that might help explain the situation better.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
You have posted in the right place, but this is a difficult question. Perhaps post some pictures that might help explain the situation better.

Sorru for the late reply, as days went by i ended up forgetting to check here

Currently while posting this i am at my work but when i am home i shall start up the sims asap to post pictures
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 5:14 PM
First image shows how i have selected an other roof color, for this specific tower i wanted red
the second image, i have kept the red one selected and went to place a dome roof

there are 4 more towers ive made with the same issue in this world and one more in an other clean save
this issue only comes up on these towers and prevent me from making the lighthouse tombs meant for my story
as that the issue did not come up till after the first one was build and saved in the library, nothing new or odd has been done, no mods changed, no updates no nothing, just happened from nowhere

hope you have enough with these pictures, if not do tell me what exactly you would me to capture
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:13 PM
If you have trouble changing the roof this might be related to the lot markers (tomb, hidden rooms, public rooms). This would take effect after the lot is reloaded (not while working on it after you placed the marker). So for example if you load a save again, or place a lot from the bin, all of a sudden you wouldn't be allowed to change the roof anymore (but nothing else on the outside either, so I'm not sure if this is the issue here).

Have you tried the cheat RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off (and RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings on to disable it again)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
If you have trouble changing the roof this might be related to the lot markers (tomb, hidden rooms, public rooms). This would take effect after the lot is reloaded (not while working on it after you placed the marker). So for example if you load a save again, or place a lot from the bin, all of a sudden you wouldn't be allowed to change the roof anymore (but nothing else on the outside either, so I'm not sure if this is the issue here).

Have you tried the cheat RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off (and RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings on to disable it again)?

I am fully able to alter the floor and walls.
but i have yet to check that code (completely forgot it existed XD)
got the game open now waiting for your reply so ill check...
that helped, i feel so stupid right now, sure ive never used that cheat but still should have thought about that

THANKS ^^
dodgy builder
#7 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 3:17 PM
Beaches in ts3 is buggy. Can you somehow move your lot a few tiles furter away from water? Have you thought about using custom worlds.

I'm sorry if I missed any of your comments. I'm sick, or have been through a tough treatment.

Crowkeeper built a fab creative house floating above water by the sea. You can search for her profile in the menu at the top, and hashtag her here if you like.