Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1202
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
 Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 3889 times.
Search this Thread
Old 9th Aug 2017, 4:03 PM #26
Cher64
Lab Assistant

I've usually just played families, and watched how the various generations turned out. The longest I went was a hood that was in its 4th generation, then I had to get a new computer and started all over. I did once play a small hood where I had each family do something (farm, make pottery, etc.) to see if they could be completely self-supporting. That was hard but fun, and it took a long time for them to fully furnish their houses.

I play in rotation, currently from Monday morning to Monday morning. For the kids in Uni, the rotation is two semesters. I use a lot of mods and default replacements, and a lot of custom content. I started using ACR and am much less of a dictator with my Sims now. I try to slow down and just enjoy their day to day lives, but often end up pushing them to be more serious about skills and things.
Old 11th Aug 2017, 2:11 AM #27
franfeliano
Test Subject

Rarelly i play by rotations, the most of the time i play with a family 3 or 5 days, then i have a new idea and i play another family a few days, and generally i switch between premade hoods and custom sometimes.
i play a lot of the premades specially from Strangetown.
One time i tried that a couple only survived by fishing and farming, however they were going to die by hungry and heat. In that time i didnt want that they die so i let them to use the refrigerator to eat something more than fish.
Old 25th Aug 2017, 12:36 AM #28
MintFinch
Test Subject

I used to just play whoever I wanted, whenever I wanted, but I just now got into playing rotations. I'm wishy washy as hell with how many days I'll play a family, but I always make sure to keep my households synced up. I do have a bit of storyline to fall back on but otherwise I'm a "whatever happens, happens" player

That being said, I'm currently playing premades and 2, soon to be 3 CAS households in Strangetown.

I think tonight's gonna be an ice cream night.
Old 25th Aug 2017, 4:41 PM #29
SIMelissa
Forum Resident

For years, I played whatever pre-mades interested me for however many days I wanted. I'd usually play for two to six weeks, uninstall the game and then not play at all for months at a time. Little by little, I'd add something new. I'd make a CAS family, I'd find new Sim clothing or furnishings on the Internet. But there was never any rhyme or reason is my gameplay.

Then, last December, I learned about empty templates, no Maxis townies and generations challenges. I dabbled in making my own community a bunch of houses, some apartments, CAS townies and a self-sustained farming family. I only sort of rotated. I'd play my generations family for a season, then another house for a season. Then I'd return to my founding family for yet another season. My generations (self-sustained) family aged much more quickly than their neighbors. I had great fun making them plant, tend and harvest their crops. They had a warehouse stocked full of fruits, veggies and fish. I got only four generations in when I had a computer issue and had to reinstall Windows7. That's when my gameplay changed yet again.

I'm still using empty templates, no bin characters and no townies, but I am no longer focusing on one family and I'm not in a race to have these Sims breed and die so I can count the next generation. Instead, I've added an age mod that lets these Sims live very long lives, and I'm trying to let them to make more of their own choices when it comes to love & marriage. Right now, my Sims are "living off the land" but I hope to morph the game into a self-sustained (integrated?) hood with Sim-own shops and neighborhood government. Also, instead of playing willy-nilly as in the past, I now rotate households daily and I keep my neighborhood in sync and in the same season (Sync Timer from MATY; Weather Controller from SimWardrove; Day Setter from Neder here on MTS).

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Old 26th Aug 2017, 7:27 PM #30
tictachoe
Test Subject

I usually play the Sims I make. I have rarely actually played with premades or townies! I would like to change that, but the premades and townies are so ugly to me! And I forgot how to open the plastic surgery CAS so I can't modify them right now.
Old 27th Aug 2017, 12:03 AM #31
lordtyger9
Forum Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictachoe
I usually play the Sims I make. I have rarely actually played with premades or townies! I would like to change that, but the premades and townies are so ugly to me! And I forgot how to open the plastic surgery CAS so I can't modify them right now.

@tictachoe I play sims that I make, Premades, Townies, moved in NPCs, and sims born in game.

One of the easier ways to do Plastic Surgery on your Sims is to use The Sim Blender and I use that function liberally.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Old 27th Aug 2017, 4:29 AM #32
SIMelissa
Forum Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
@tictachoe I play sims that I make, Premades, Townies, moved in NPCs, and sims born in game.
One of the easier ways to do Plastic Surgery on your Sims is to use The Sim Blender and I use that function liberally.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0

I have SimBlender, but had no idea that Plastic Surgery was possible with it. I've also never used the plastic surgery station in the game.

I got tired of the ugly Sims, so I downloaded default face templates. I went with a mix of three or four different creators in an attempt to keep my Sims from all looking the same. Now, most of them are almost too pretty for my taste. In my current game, I've used CAS to add a touch of "ugly" to a few of my Sims. (Several of Dagmar clan have pinched cheeks, squinty eyes or no chin. And while you can't really tell from the pictures, Captain Grumby--though young--has wrinkles.)

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Old 24th Sep 2017, 12:26 AM #33
Jaz/Nim/17
Test Subject

I play rotation-style, one season per household. Everybody's gotta be in the same season or I go nuts.

You can probably call me pretty particular - I pretty much micro-manage my sims, and I have a determined storyline to go with, though some things I'll leave up to spontaneity. I dislike playing Popularity or Romance aspirations, so I never assign those. Premade teens usually change from those in University when they complete Junior year, while I generally just go ahead and cheat to change adults. Only Don Lothario is allowed to keep his Romance aspiration, because it suits him.

Everything is Maxis-Match except for eyes and hair. I rarely use hair that isn't Pooklet'd, and I will not use any eyes that aren't recolors of Yumedust's Eye Love set. I've been using those so long that anything else looks wrong to me - I even went and made my own alien eye defaults out of them that are pretty cute.

I have two main 'hoods at the moment: Simsissippi, which is a custom hood with all premade hoods attached as shopping districts, and Summer Isle, for my custom sims.
Old 2nd Oct 2017, 1:41 PM #34
nyctopile
Lab Assistant

11 Achievements

I happened to play rotation at the very begining, like when i got the game without any SPs. My favourite town was (and still is) Pleasantview, where i was stick with Marysue, Lilith etc. Although after maxis's force movement of making Mary face the fact that her husband has an affair and their breaking up i decided to stay away from them (as if their situation can get any worse).
Now i rather create families play a few hours with them and leave them alone and forget about them. It's not that i do not like them or that i got bored, just that I do not want them to die since ones i have made at the very begining are ones i have played the most with, and was trying to keep them alive (even was leaving the game after they have set themselves on fire). As i have started to create and upload sims i have made i do not focus on playing that much. I play an hour or so to take screenshots and then just pack them from game to submit them.

I hold with those who favor fire.

Section jump: