Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2024 at 1:54 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Need Assistance with Removing Invisible Tokens from a Neighborhood
Hi everyone. I haven't posted here in a while. My eldest son is in a video game design and software development at our local vo-tech, so he inspired me to dig into the Sims 2 code. I copied the Freeplay version of Four Corners from SLS to clean it. So far, I've been able to get it cleaned out except for two nagging Neighborhood Invisible Tokens. The first is Townie-Badge-Seeded; the second is Token-Global-BFF-Initialized. I know Bitville is an available empty neighborhood to download, and I have it. I was comparing that and Four Corners in Hood Checker to see which files to keep or toss. For the life of me, I can't figure out where in SimPE to find these tokens to delete them. All of that to say, where do I find these invisible tokens and how do I delete them?

Thanks so much!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th May 2024 at 10:57 PM
Hi, you might have better luck by making a blank neighbourhood in Sims 2 and copying the road, terrain and hood deco to it using Hood Replace.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468987
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2024 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi, you might have better luck by making a blank neighbourhood in Sims 2 and copying the road, terrain and hood deco to it using Hood Replace.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468987

Thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th May 2024 at 11:34 AM
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2024 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Before I saw your first reply, I made a test neighborhood to see if I could sort it out myself. There were still some invisible tokens in it, but I also compared an empty neighborhood template from the Hood Building Group. The tokens that were left after I cleared my neighborhood were the same as the neighborhood I compared it to, so I think it's fine.

I haven't really messed with the code too much. Since my 17-year-old son started his video game design program, I thought I'd see what I can do with the Sims 2 code. I started playing it when I was pregnant with him, and he's nearly 18. LOL!