Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 11:11 PM
CTU (+meshing) help
I'm lost. Totally and utterly lost.

I've tried using TSR Workshop for creating a clothing mesh, but I had problems (I made a thread about it) and I was adviced to try CTU instead. Still no luck.

Yes, I read the "Modify a mesh" tutorial (by Wes, I think, not sure), the CTU guides and everything I could find.I managed to create a package file but I guess I'm missing something important, because when I instal it and rthen open the game to check it, it's not there.

I don't know what I'm missing. So, I'd love and will be very grateful if someone could just give me a simple explanation with the steps to follow to create a new package file using CTU, or another tutorial. I tried Google, but with no success.

And, while I'm here, I have another doubt. When I was using the TSRWS, when I opened the mesh in Milkshape I could see different morpsh, for skinny, fat, fit and normal, and one more named "special". Extracting the meshed with CTU I can't see any morph. Does that mean the new clothing won't fit fat sims, or skinny sims?

Btw, I'm not a total n00b. I had some experience with TS2, and even if TS3 are created in a very different way, I'm surprised to see how much I fail now, not being able to create even the simplest piece of clothing.

Thanks in advance, and apologies for being so bothersome.

Thank you very much
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 11:47 PM
Maybe you can try the tutorial i wrote, not the easiest one but there is alot info you want when creating custom packages.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392850
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 11:55 PM
Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if it clears some things I seem unable to understand. It seems like a very complete tuto.