Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2017 at 10:36 AM
Default Updates
May 25th Update
Among the good things in today's (or yesterday's) updates:

Quote:
Sims will no longer get a whim to get married if they are already married.
It’s simple folks, “Happy spouse, happy house.”

The Connections reward trait will no longer prevent your Sim from purchasing career rewards unlocked by career levels earlier than the boosted connections career level.

With cheats turned on, you should now be able to modify NPCs in Create a Sim by shift clicking on them and choosing "Modify in CAS".
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:18 AM
Modify in CAS was already possible.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:26 AM
Quote:
The auto-save feature has been removed as it was not functioning properly. The feature as originally implemented was confusing and did not function as expected by users. Save now occurs explicitly at the players request either by choosing to save when exiting to the Main Menu, Manage Worlds, or Quitting. Or by choosing Save or Save As from the ESC menu.

Might be interesting to some? I never used it, but there I am thinking about others again.

New ceiling lights, I have to check them out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
Modify in CAS was already possible.
The ability to use it with NPCs while playing a household broke.
You used to be able to put in the cheat and shift + click on any visiting Sim. I had to put in the cheat and go into manage households to work around that one.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:39 PM
Some interesting fixes and changes. The thumbnail save sounds like it will be useful. Not sure how to feel about removing of auto-save. I kind of liked the feature and found use in it.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th May 2017 at 1:22 PM
Quote:
  • "Along those lines (the texting part)… Children should no longer receive inappropriate text messages from adults."
  • "We fixed an issue that could cause a toddler to inherit the emotional whim of nearby adult Sims after loading into a lot, which could result with the toddler acquiring a flirty emotional whim."
  • "With cheats turned on, you should now be able to modify NPCs in Create a Sim by shift clicking on them and choosing "Modify in CAS"."
  • "Save slots now use household thumbnails instead of a text list. No more will you have to remember which save your Goopy-Gilscarbo household was in – it’s all visual now!"

I really appreciate these fixes.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 26th May 2017 at 2:12 PM
I'm REALLY happy they fixed the CAS problem where the facial features would get adjusted just because selecting another eye color etc.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th May 2017 at 4:43 PM
they fixed some stuff that annoyed me like Cas facial feature reset after exe color change or Vampires eternally welcome not working but I have to ask myself are the guys at EA testing their own game?
Seriously that new stereo bug had to be fixed by a mod maker again because, I guess no one was testing this patch.

But I guess a small indie developer like EA don't have enough money to hire some tester
Scholar
#9 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:19 PM
There always seems to be a Good Patch followed by a Bad Patch, this is the Bad one. While there are noticable improvements in areas. This seems to do more harm than good, I refuse to play any of my alien families until this mess is cleaned up.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
There always seems to be a Good Patch followed by a Bad Patch, this is the Bad one. While there are noticable improvements in areas. This seems to do more harm than good, I refuse to play any of my alien families until this mess is cleaned up.

Why? What did the patch cause relating aliens?
Scholar
#11 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:13 PM
There been reports of aliens losing all their disguise data, if you attempt the edit them in CAS or thereabouts, just backup all your Saves games...
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:32 PM
Outch, that is some classic EA fail
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th May 2017 at 9:19 PM
Ah! I would have missed that part since I don't play with aliens. I hope they fix that soon.
Scholar
#14 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:28 PM
So happy my married sims will no longer get whims to marry their spouse! FINALLY
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 27th May 2017 at 12:18 AM
Not sure if it's just my problem (since I'm not cc free) but I think the stereo got borked. It has the sound effects floating around even if the stereo is off.
Also, Is there some sort of official site where people talk about what broke with this patch? I remember once seeing one but I'm really not familiar how the official sims 4 forums work since I usually don't use the site.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:02 AM
It's happening to me, too. It didn't occur to me that it might have something to do with the patch.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:21 AM
Okay. So this broke which mods?

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
It's happening to me, too. It didn't occur to me that it might have something to do with the patch.

Somebody already put a patch out to fix the stereo. I found the fix before I even found out about the patch. Also There is a new mccc out to fix some of problems with it and the new patch.
Instructor
#19 Old 27th May 2017 at 3:41 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 27th May 2017 at 7:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
There been reports of aliens losing all their disguise data, if you attempt the edit them in CAS or thereabouts, just backup all your Saves games...

I hit the "Me Two" button on the EA Bug report page.

Also There's a report of Vampires losing the Dark Form.

You can still change other Non Alien Sims outfits just have to move them out if they're living with an Alien and then move them back in after editing them in CAS.

Edit: If you have Mc Command Center you can copy and past a outfit , Hair and Facial Hair from a townie you dress up in over to your Alien Sim to wear.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 27th May 2017 at 5:06 AM
I thought I asked this question but I cannot find it in my posts, threads, or search. Please is there an updater for mods? If anyone plays the game The Elder Scrolls Online you will know what I am talking about when I point to the updater Minion as an example. I do not want to go through all my mods every day after an update. I believe World of Warcraft uses Curse. And Skyrim for pc uses Nexus. As other examples.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:30 AM
I don't think so.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 27th May 2017 at 11:11 AM
I haven't seen such program for The Sims series. Though, who knows? You gave people idea maybe some one will create a interactive mod manager?

I have used Nexus Mod Manager for Skyrim and it's very useful program.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#23 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 28th May 2017 at 4:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Not sure if it's just my problem (since I'm not cc free) but I think the stereo got borked. It has the sound effects floating around even if the stereo is off.
Also, Is there some sort of official site where people talk about what broke with this patch? I remember once seeing one but I'm really not familiar how the official sims 4 foruI ms work since I usually don't use the site.

I have the exact same problem too. It didn't start happening before the patch was installed, so it's probably something with the patch.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 28th May 2017 at 4:18 AM
So far, the only mod to give me any trouble is my usual suspect: Neia's More Clubs Per Sim.

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th May 2017 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So far, the only mod to give me any trouble is my usual suspect: Neia's More Clubs Per Sim.

I also agree, this mod not only prevents you from quitting, but it borks much of the UI, including the welcome screen background.
Page 1 of 3