Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 10:50 PM
Default Caption This!
Many of the facial expressions in Sims 4 are priceless. The game lends itself to playing another game: Caption This! Someone posts a photo from the game, then others contribute possible captions or dialogue to explain what's happening in the picture. After a few responses have been collected, another photo can be posted (by anyone).

I'll start us off with an image :
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 11:41 PM
Haha, this is such a great idea! I don't think I should caption your picture though... It would probably end in a, ehm, mature caption
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 12:17 AM
I don't trust others to caption my Sims' goings-on, so I do it myself. The facial expressions are absolutely the best part.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 2:30 AM
Ryuusei86, I enjoyed your cartoon and your caption. It was perfect and I can see why you wanted to do it. Next time, let us play, too.

Also, I think for this to work, we have to allow some responses before offering the next entry. Maybe two would be enough? The more people who participate, the more fun. Can anyone contribute a caption for the first shot?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 4:15 AM
You still can play. I'm dying to know what the frog is thinking.

Best I can come up with for your picture is, "Made ya look!" But I know someone can do better.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Many of the facial expressions in Sims 4 are priceless. The game lends itself to playing another game: Caption This! Someone posts a photo from the game, then others contribute possible captions or dialogue to explain what's happening in the picture. After a few responses have been collected, another photo can be posted (by anyone).

I'll start us off with an image :

"This is so much fun I... Uh oh! I think I just pee'd myself?"

Or

"I hope no one notices, but someone dropped a simoleon on the floor and... I think... I can get it...?"

-- The Roc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 4:42 AM
lol

I thought the woman might say something like, "What now - you call that a dance?", "Watch the feet! I just spent $100 on these sandals!", or "Has anyone seen my contact?"

Ah, the frog! He's thinking: "Pancakes? Why yes, I'd love some! Stop waving them around, oh you cruel tease!"

Or "Maybe if I stay really still, they won't notice me...."

Or, "Today I am going to win the staring contest with the big box! Oh no! I blinked!"
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 2:43 PM
I think the woman is actually talking to the redhead behind saying something like "No, I swear, the fish I caught was thaaaat *shows with hands* big, it'll feed a whole city!"
She also looks like she's gasping while saying that

Smeg Head
#9 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 3:43 PM
Woman - Some butler you are. Next time, when I ask you to serve a tray of drinks, can you PLEASE bring the tray of dinks AS WELL. And wear your uniform. Honestly, cannot get the staff these days.

Butler - Yes, ma'am. Sorry, ma'am. Won't happen again ma'am.

Guy in the red top - Great party, Olivia. Whatever you put in the drinks, I'm seeing floating musical notes before my very eyes. Get your butler to serve more of those babies, yes please.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 7:46 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 12th Nov 2015 at 10:57 PM.
I'm useless at funny captions, but here's a screenshot that could use some caption-ising. Spoilered so you can ignore it (for now) if you feel like you aren't done with the first one yet =) -- ok, unspoilering

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Smeg Head
#11 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I'm useless at funny captions, but here's a screenshot that could use some caption-ising. Spoilered so you can ignore it (for now) if you feel like you aren't done with the first one yet =)

Kid - Eat a burger?! I'm a vegetarian. Blow it up your skirt, lady!

(Big gust of air up skirt)

Woman - Wooow!! That was a blast! Now give me next week's lottery numbers!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 10:17 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 13th Nov 2015 at 1:35 AM.
I think we can move on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Mr. Wilson! How are you? Could you lend me a burger? If you lend me a burger today, I'll gladly pay you two on Thursday!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm sorry I took a bite out of your burger, Mandy, but you left it on the bench and I was hungry. Have you seen my pet caterpillar? I put him on the plate to keep me company when I tried your burger, but then a kid on a bike went by and I forgot all about him. Do you think he crawled away? You don't suppose he's in the burger, is he??!!?? You didn't eat my pet caterpillar, did you?????
Smeg Head
#13 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:10 AM
Another mischief-filled zany evening in the crazy Coolspear Mansion.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:38 AM
Man to lady next to him on couch, "Who's a good little fairy? You're a good little fairy! Gitchy-gitchy goo!"

Lady in chair on right to lady in chair on left, "Do you have a pulse in your temple?"

Lady to robot, "Missing something?"
Robot, "Oh my! Where did you find that? I must have dropped it when I saw the mess you made!"
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 3:58 AM
Totally didn't even see the bot at first. I was distracted by the wings and the mounted fish and whatnot else.

I don't intend to hijack the thread, but I found another Sims 4 4-panel comic that I made. At one point I intended to make a series of these things and title it Translated From Simlish, but like so many good (or bad?) ideas of mine, it stalled out. I have to give a warning on this one for a veiled reference to male anatomy. Of course feel free to skip it if not interested.

Anyway, seems a teenage Alexander Goth stopped by my Sims' residence one day to chat with my teenage Sim. (I will understand if you don't recognize Alexander as I edit townies pretty heavily. I am a micromanager and have strict standards for the appearance of all Sims of both genders.) He and my Sim got into a deeply philosophical debate on the very underpinnings of pixellated life. By my judgement, the debate was a tie. I got the idea for the whole thing based on what was at the time a certain brand new mod that affected the body meshes of male Sims above a certain age (and I think I'll leave it at that).

That look on Alex's face though -- priceless. :D
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 10:40 AM
I like what you've done with Alexander and yes, nice expression!

Back to Plasticbox's photo:

Lady: Where did that pickle go?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I like what you've done with Alexander and yes, nice expression!

Back to Plasticbox's photo:

Lady: Where did that pickle go?

You good at this woman!

-- The Roc
Scholar
#18 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 12:09 AM
Here's another image, if anyone's interested
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 1:11 AM
Someday, when you're much older, like tomorrow, maybe we could go on a date then.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 2:33 AM
I can't best your captions @VerDe Terre
Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 3:48 AM
"Well, it's not exactly a stork. More like a kingfisher."
Inventor
#22 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 7:09 AM
Here's my contribution.
Screenshots

Check out my Simblr
Smeg Head
#23 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 7:34 AM
Pic of woman and little boy...

Woman - Did you just see that book I was holding? I was just reading you a book, wasn't I? Am I going mad? Where's that book???!!!
Kid - Ehhh? What's that about a book now? Where did you come from? I didn't even see you there.

Pic of chess.

Sitting woman - yeah, it's like regular chess, only the loser gets, you know, killed.
Man - please, tell my wife and kids I love them, It was a good life while it lasted.
Sitting woman - so, you still wanna play next?
Standing woman (Utterly aghast) - Never!!! I'd sooner go play with the kid on the space rocket.
Sitting woman - Ha! His game rules are worse than mine. Good luck with that...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 11:20 AM
Thanks, MrRoc and Trüffleschaf. I'd love to see your contributions. Players often inspire each other.

Chess: "Oh, that was a bold move!"

(Note to self: to umlaut the "u", alt + 0252)
Instructor
#25 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 5:52 PM

"Give. Me. A. Baby!"

I suppose this is how they do it nowadays...
Page 1 of 2