Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 1:18 PM
I love the idea of an art gallery! Also, there's the new photography thing. Do you think it would be possible to create a photography studio? I remember someone wanted to set something up like this in either S2 or S3.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 1:39 PM
I haven't tried photography so far, because there are so much other things to do. Right now I'm having a baby-flood, so that I have enough folk for Newcrest.

My shop is a little disorganised at the moment, I sell a little this and that... maybe I create a decent gallery later.
In my other Sims-game (laptop) I made a gypsy-looking couple, very colourful, and I plan to let them live as witch and magician, so they sell "magic" things. I only have to find out what IS magic.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I love the idea of an art gallery! Also, there's the new photography thing. Do you think it would be possible to create a photography studio? I remember someone wanted to set something up like this in either S2 or S3.

I did an art gallery/photo studio. It was pretty fun. I ran it with a husband and wife team. The wife was the photographer, and the husband worked to keep the customers served and the store running most of the time. I had her taking pictures of the sims that came into the store, she sold her photos, as well as other artwork from the build/buy catalog. It was a pretty successful store, and fun to play with. :D
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 9:34 PM
I pretty much let my sims go to work alone if they're in one of the new careers. If nothing is going on in the household then I'll go with them and explore.

I do have a family that uses the retail business option though. Here's the things I learned:

1) Do not let your employees work over 8 hours.
2) "Faster Checkouts" only works on your active households, however if your employees max their skills they'll be just as fast as your household.
3) Make an advertisement when you first start up.
4) To increase customers go to the retail section, there's a ton of items there that will increase the amount of customer that come to your store. But be ready for them, because I do think that the items stack. (Ex: If you only have 1 person working your store, don't put up 5 paintings for people to come to your store. You'll be on customer overload).
5) Try and treat the business like a career. Pick a set time and go everyday. Then your motives will work with you instead of against you.
6) Make sure that you have bathrooms, food, whatever if you're going to stay at your retail business for a while, or else it'll be super hard on your sim.
7) Don't raise the item markup. You really end up losing profits. The only time this is okay is if you have customer overload and you don't want to hire any employees.
8) If you have a couple of adults in your household, bring them with you to the business and cycle motives. So if one sim is tired, send them home, then bring them to the lot again after. That way you'll have a 24-hour open business.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 3:51 PM Last edited by veil : 19th Jun 2015 at 5:50 PM.
My "Eureka!" moment for the day: in a clothing store, don't bother Restocking--just do "Dress Mannequin." It costs the same as Restocking, and it's INSTANTANEOUS! (So your Sim doesn't waste 30 minutes.)

You don't get the 10 Perk Points for it that you would for Restocking, but it's a worthy trade-off, because your Sim can easily make 10+ points doing Sales interactions during the 30 minutes she would otherwise spend Restocking.

This also means it's not worth spending 400 Perk Points on "Faster Restocking"! Save your points for "Faster Checkout" (450 points) and "Serious Shopper" (1,300 points)--the perk that makes customers enter your store with their Buy Bar already 1/3 filled.

Edited: It's not "Curious Shopper" it's "Serious Shopper"!

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Forum Resident
#31 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 5:11 PM
Playing the Doctor career, once you're down to "Compelling Diagnosis" and you have 3 choices, and you've run every possible test on the patient, is there anything else you can do to come up with the correct diagnosis? I had a choice of Itchy Plumbob, Sweaty Shivers, and something else, and picked Itchy Plumbob because I'd seen the patient scratch herself. (It was the wrong diagnosis.)

Is this just like a "chance card"?

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 6:04 PM
I'm thinking not. It looks fairly complicated, but Carl's guide suggests there are clues and symptoms to look for: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/c...ttowork/doctor/

I haven't gotten that far with the doctor's career and now I need to start over.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 9:54 AM
Default Giving Sims Food At The Hospital
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
What are you doing with GTW? Do you have any tips or strategies that you'd like to share? What are your thoughts about the various game features and how are you using them? Any plans for building certain story lines or situations?

I just tried out a Sim in the medical career. I'm not sure what I think of the hospital just yet. It seems odd to me that the interns have the option of giving the patients food. Not sure what it does for them and isn't there a different staff for bringing food? It's weird that going for a cup of coffee or grabbing a snack between patience seems to be part of the tasks assigned. I'm hoping this career gets more interesting because it's sort of pithy at the moment.

The detective one, on the other hand, is fun. I really like that you can ignore the daily stuff to do and play how you want. My one complaint is that the day is too short. I hear there's a mod for that and I think I'll be looking into it.

I'm wondering if now that I playing at the hospital, will more sick Sims appear in my town? I've started this in one game but do not have anyone in the medical career in my other game.

GIVING SIMS FOOD IN THE HOSPITAL CALMS THE PATIENTS DOWN AND LETS THEM STAY A LITTLE LONGER. IT DOES GET A LITTLE BIT MORE COMPLEX.
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 10:55 AM
Default Getting Medical Workers And Patients To Work For You
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
So far my experience with the medical career has been good. My sims get a house call every other day. He has already gotten 2 emergency surgeries and when he needed to deliver a baby to get promoted he got it on his first day back to work. I would like to the staff do more work. The nurse(s) should be doing the smalll examinations. Checking eyes, ears, scan body, etc. As well as giving medicine and shots. The doctors should focus on the bigger examinations. X-rays, treadmill, and bio-analysis and surgeries. It would cut time and be more realistic. And if you have more staff at work mod then it would really speed things up ^^

BECOMING ACQUIANTED WITH THE WORKERS AND PATIENTS ALLOW THEM TO FUNCTION MORE ACCORDINGLY. E.G. THE WORKERS ARE NOT WORKING IS BECAUSE OF BEING IGNORED BY THE DOCTOR SIM. THE PATIENT ISSUES ARE BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH TIME BEING SPENT WITH PATIENTS. GOOD LUCK!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:14 PM
Sims 4 Get To Work
Is it really worth it? Does it make the game more fun and less bland? I personally find the sims 4 bland and seems like it is missing something. But if I got GET TO WORK would it become fun?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:21 PM
This is your very own decision.
Half of the players will say: yes, it is fun - while the other half will tell you, that it is boring and not worth it.
If you don't like the game so far, then don't buy it. My advice.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:59 PM
After buying it I'm kind of on the fence. Was it worth it?

Partially.
Then again I experienced it with a bunch of bugs in tow and a lot of things didn't work properly in my existing world.

I would say it's worth buying now that a lot of things have been fixed.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
This is your very own decision.
Half of the players will say: yes, it is fun - while the other half will tell you, that it is boring and not worth it.
If you don't like the game so far, then don't buy it. My advice.
Thank you, I decided not to buy it.
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:03 AM
You can create alien characters though, and it has other features like the photography skill.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:29 AM
CreepyPixel if you're still interested you might want to check out the Get to Work overview on Carl Sims site.

Hopefully it will list enough to help you get an idea of what's in it and how it may change your desired gameplay.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 6:25 AM
A mod that converts Granite Fall as a normal world , or at least remove the restriction to travel only by the tefelone : /
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#43 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
There's like 10 threads with the exact same topic!
Indeed. That's why I just merged it into an existing thread that seemed fitting.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 2:11 PM
Eh...not sure about the merge. When I started this thread, I wanted to talk to other players about what they were specifically doing in their games with this expansion. I was hoping we'd have a place to share tips and strategies and share how we've played the features. The posts that were just added discuss whether it's worth it to buy the expansion or not and also wish for mods to be created. That's not what I had hoped to see in this thread and I would agree that those two topics are brought up quite frequently.

This thread was almost dead, however, so I guess it doesn't matter so much anymore.
Page 2 of 2