Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 5:44 AM
Default Does anyone play Sunset Valley or Riverview anymore?
I just occurred to me that I have not played either of these worlds since Ambitions came out. After Ambitions came out, I played Twinbrook until the game borked a couple of families returning from vacation.

I then moved onto Coasterboi's Red County until Late Night was released.

I played Bridgeport for about a month, but tired of it pretty rapidly.

I then experimented with a number of player worlds. Los Aniegos was interesting, but the lag made it unplayable. Torburg was just not all that interesting. There were a few other city worlds which were just incomplete.

Earlier this year, I started my own world and have been playing it almost exclusively. It is playable, but far from finished.

I really have no desire to play some of the older EA worlds again. They all have a certain sameness to them.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:15 AM
I don't play Sunset Valley or Riverview anymore either. For the past year I've been playing in custom worlds, mainly Harmony. Sunset Valley and Riverview were made long before any EPs came out so they feel outdated to me. Also custom world creators are not under the restriction of including strictly base game and the latest EP stuff like EA's world builder team is, they can include elements of all the EPs they have. Maybe Riverview can be made a lot better with the new Pets stuff though. The only EA world I've played recently is Twinbrook. Appaloosa Plains looks good but I'm not sure often I'll play that world either.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:40 AM
I've recently gone back to playing Sunset Valley while I'm waiting for Appaloosa Plains, but all my SV games seem to be really buggy (even worse than Bridgeport). That town is cursed I tells ya!
Inventor
#4 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:44 AM
I almost always play in a custom world. I think they look better than EA worlds
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:51 AM
I play a customized Sunset Valley that has a lot more free lots. More of the lots near the beach also have the Vista moodlet. I just cant find back where I downloaded it.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:01 AM
Too tired of bulldozing every lots in EA worlds, now I have relocated to Charlton Island (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=455150), only have to put some of my favorite lots and families to make it perfect. Everything from the harbor, the beaches, the mountains...oh so lovely (with no lag).
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:04 AM
I play Sunset Valley. I'm stubborn like that.

-r.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:26 AM
I personally, do not mind Sunset Valley or RIverview. However, Twinbrook I have problems with, just because I personally do not like the city's layout.
On another note, I never bought Late Nights, but did buy Generations. So unfortunately, I can't play custom stuff requiring Late Night, like for example Harmony. If only I wasn't broke.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 10:08 AM
i started playing riverview again recently, i love that section of streets where the houses are all in a similar style and named after dogs, looks like a real neighbourhood rather then random mismatched houses next to each other. don't know much about outside of england, but here our streets are normally pretty uniform in the way the houses look.
but i normally play sunset valley, because it has sea!
don't use custom worlds, because i've never seen one that appealed to me really.

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 11:48 AM
I tend to play those the most, with Twinbrook being just behind them. I like to play different variations of the town, to see what changes. Plus, when we can delete whole families, and add whoever, I think they can stay pretty interesting. Might change, though, once I finish (finally!!) my world.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 12:59 PM
I've only played Riverview, once. But I erased the original inhabitants, and populated it myself. I play Sunset Valley most often, because it's small and i'm familiar with the layout. Unfortunately, I get pissed off when I place sims in the neighborhood that want to be celebrities or give them Late Night skills/jobs wants (Mixology/Film) because I can't place any LN lots.
Twinbrook slows down every so often, and I can't handle the lag. I had a really good family there, I miss them.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 1:05 PM
I have been playing jfade (?)'s jfadeland from maty. Its not even a finished world. I like it I think because of that... I can add my own touches and experiment with stuff.
Inventor
#13 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 3:22 PM
Riverview is my favorite 'hood, it's the closest in look & "feel" to where I actually live. I'll keep playing it until I've finished Freehaven, my new CAW world

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 3:30 PM
I've found for me, I play Ann Arbor or one of the other worlds from simsrealty. I really like the layout and feel of them, and they run very smoothly with very few glitches that I've noticed in other worlds. It makes them really enjoyable for me. But Anne Arbor is my favorite so far.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 3:49 PM
I tend to play custom worlds because none of the EA worlds really appeal to me, and I've tried playing many from all over the place, but have abandoned most of them for some reason or another (lag, getting places takes too long, etc.). I've started playing in Queenstown recently though and it seems pretty much perfect for me. I really like the layout, everything seems to be a good distance from the center of town, and it's large without being laggy. I think I'll be hanging around Queenstown for a while.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
I tend to play custom worlds because none of the EA worlds really appeal to me, and I've tried playing many from all over the place, but have abandoned most of them for some reason or another (lag, getting places takes too long, etc.). I've started playing in Queenstown recently though and it seems pretty much perfect for me. I really like the layout, everything seems to be a good distance from the center of town, and it's large without being laggy. I think I'll be hanging around Queenstown for a while.

Where did you get Queenstown if I might ask?
Theorist
#17 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:02 PM
I've been playing custom worlds since CAW was released and players started creating and sharing them. However, I do have family in each of the EA worlds that came with each EP and Riverview and Hidden Springs. The custom worlds I play are San Baggio, Shearwater, Jfadeland, Hammond Island and Storm Island. I would love to play RedCliffs and Queenstown but those are HUGE worlds and would seriously lag. I like small to medium sized worlds which are really hard to come by. Specially the small worlds since I want all rabbit holes in it and lots of room to place lots and build a solid residential area.

So ya, I do play SV and RV. I make it a point to play each world/family in a session that's why my play sessions last up to 8 hours or more. And that's just playing them. Building and decorating is another story

Quote: Originally posted by laceyharkness
Where did you get Queenstown if I might ask?

Just google Awesims and you're there Not sure if I can post the link...

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:13 PM
I been sticking to Twinbrook because I love the feel of it. I love the moss and fog and weeping willows, the only thing is that it lacks the content for Late Night and doesn't really leave you with much space to expand. I honestly have been looking at custom worlds, but I have found out my EA installer doesn't work, so any cc I want needs to be drag and drop in a folder and not installed. If someone could direct me to some cw like that I'd be more then happy to put up residence.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:29 PM
I still play in Riverview a lot. My main family that I love lives there. I updated it though, giving it some late night venues and I also added some Bridgeport locals to the bin so I could place them in Riverview. It added some fun and drama to that cute town lol. I also do occasionally still play Sunset Valley. I also have some custom worlds I enjoy like Ann Arbor, Los Aneigos, and a remake of TS2 Veronaville. I've played Bridgeport but the lack of space to expand bothers me and I did use Twinbrook a little as well. I've tried Hidden Springs, although cute I just didn't feel like I would enjoy starting a sim family there. I mainly just go to other worlds besides Riverview so I don't ever get bored of my family there. However, I do really like the other worlds I play in.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 5:54 PM
SV primarily for me, with one Riverview.

Quote: Originally posted by LadyKombucha
i started playing riverview again recently, i love that section of streets where the houses are all in a similar style and named after dogs, looks like a real neighbourhood rather then random mismatched houses next to each other. don't know much about outside of england, but here our streets are normally pretty uniform in the way the houses look.
but i normally play sunset valley, because it has sea!
don't use custom worlds, because i've never seen one that appealed to me really.

Tract houses in housing developments here tend to be very similar in size and appearance. Neighborhoods outside of developments often have houses where no two look anything like each other, although they may or may not fit the same architectural style (Victorian, Georgian, modern, et cetera).

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Inventor
#21 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:27 PM
I count on certain predictible behavior from Sunset Valley to test with but I have to admit, I have three custom maps I love, Moon Base Delta. Red County, and Neverglade. Neverglade was designed by someone that was begging for great pictures to be taken. I love to play the lot and then find the house for it and then take a screenshot. The only problem with it might be that its huge and I am out of lots. Riverveiw is my reserve of all thats holy. It just recently had a birthday party. I just figured that those feilds meant that you could put a subway in and didnt need a road, a path would do. It has the most space for 64 square lots.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Scholar
#22 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:34 PM
Sunset Valley is the only world I have actually really played. There's only been one family I have really played and they are there.

I would love to use worlds created by users, but the best ones require Expansion Packs that I don't have.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#23 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:37 PM
I always play Sunset Valley... I used to play Bridgeport all the time, but I got tired of the incompatibility with my legacy families and the weird transportation issues Bridgeport presents. And I just never liked Twinbrook much, though I did play it a bit when I first got it. I just love Sunset Valley. It's got everything I want, though I'm sure if I downloaded a custom hood I'd find something I like even more. But i don't know how much more my poor laptop can handle lol

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Theorist
#24 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:08 PM
Same here bassoon, I have to get the rest of the EP's sooner or later, I only have pets at the moment, hopefully that will change this christmas! Anywho, I only usually tend to play Sunset Valley for 95% of my families, but since I have pets now I'm gonna explore Appaloosa until it's worn out.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#25 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:15 PM
I spend most of my time in a neighborhood I call "Testview", which consists of a completely flat piece of featureless land marked by a 4-road square and lots haphazardly stapled on.

I use it because it loads lightning fast since there's nothing in it, and therefore, is ideal for my purposes. Plus, it is grid-aligned and orthogonal, thus making sure everything I opt to plop in it fits neatly, unlike most other neighborhoods where people have an allergy to straight lines and grid alignment, so nothing can be placed anywhere.

My current project is "How to get road addresses to actually save in some form".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Page 1 of 4