Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Wanting Maxis Jobs

by Phaenoh Posted 30th May 2008 at 4:38 AM - Updated 23rd Nov 2011 at 5:07 AM by Phaenoh

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st May 2009 at 7:51 AM
Thank you so much for your fast reply! And sorry that it took me so long to answer you back But finally sims is working perfectly again, hooray! It seems there was just one data left from the one mod wich halves the numbers from some maxis-ltw. I think that was what caused the problems. Now I can enjoy sims and your great mod again xD
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:32 PM
This is great!! I was just saying the other day... it would be fantastic if there was a mod out there that got rid of the LTW being a darn top level job... and now I find this!! Thanks so much
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:38 AM
Thanks, although I just like present day MODERN, this'll do! I found career wants just plain annoying; thank you!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 5:48 PM Last edited by kohaku : 25th Aug 2009 at 1:02 AM.
Edit* I figured it out!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:49 AM
Thanks, Phaenoh. I often play neighborhoods that survive purely on the OFB stores, so this is great for those Sims who will never achieve a career LTW.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 8:26 PM
Hooray! Now my Star Wars Sims (especially the Jedi) won't dream becoming politicians or secret agents!! Thank you Phaenoh, I will never know how to pay you back ^-^
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 3:29 PM
Thanks. Those Wants Were Driving Me Daft.
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:53 AM
Omg, thank you! It's always been a hassle to create Sims and age children into teens. Before I'd prepare myself incase of a remake situation (they rolled wrong.) As with the teens, I'd save the lot before they chose a LTW. Exiting, reloading and replaying was becoming a *tad* annoying. Now all that's in the past! Thank you so much! Life saver. <3
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 2:35 PM
I'd love this for my sim, but I finally got the job she wanted from the computer after it crashed a gizillian times xD
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th May 2010 at 5:12 AM
Ohmygoodness! LOVE YOUR STUFF, Phae! This pretty much takes the cake for me, as I'm playing with a medieval neighborhood. You rock, keep modding! <3, orchdork
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:43 PM
This was very much needed for my elven hood. Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th May 2011 at 11:25 PM
Thanks for this, Phaenoh! It'll be very welcome in my themed 'hoods... in my medieval neighborhood, two sims I moved in had nothing but job wants in their panels. Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 29th May 2011 at 6:33 AM
Thanks so much for this! I'm sick of ALL of my sim's wants being career related!
Instructor
#39 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 7:10 AM
Phaenoh thank you so much for this my Sims are family people, only a few have a career for bringing money for the family... thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 10:24 PM
Sweet! Now I won't have General Buzz Grunt aspiring to be mayor! YOU ARE THE GENERAL AND YOU WILL LIKE IT. Strangetown would be a horrible place if Grunt were in charge.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#41 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 8:50 AM
That's a very useful mod! I love Seasons with the fishing and farming and I like medieval hoods and other challenges where jobs are unimportant or not even allowed. So this is great.

You mentioned the repetitive LTWs. Do you know of any mods which add new ones? Because that would be so great. Even with the jobs, there aren't that many different LTWs.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 12:45 AM
I've run across a couple mods that open the LTWs up a bit, so they are hereditary or available for a few more of the aspirations. I did ask while I was making this if it were possible to create new LTWs and I only got 'no' as a response.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 4:17 AM
Hope I ain't sounding rude or anything, but I was wondering if you could make a mod that would either curb fears of turning and cure wants/fears, or at least make them less common or have a lower impact like maybe -500 or -750 for non-knowledge sims and +1500 for knowledge sims, or at least have it be more random and/or based on whether or not a sim has lots of good friends who are witches/warlocks or other creatures. Because I want to make a magical town and I dun want so many self-hating witches. >< though I did manage to get a werewolf that isn't a self-hater. Your mod sounds so cool and I wish I could program stuff like that on my own instead of requesting(just feels kinda rude ^^; ).
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 4:32 AM
pretty sure that stuff already exists. check under global mods.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
pretty sure that stuff already exists. check under global mods.

I'll check that out. Been looking for something that would block cure-wants for those who have turned, or would at least make them more reasonable, because I think non-knowledge sims with turn-ons for paranormal or interest in the subject should also have wants to be turned. After all, in real life, if only knowledge-oriented people wanted to become witches, vampires and werewolves, we wouldn't have fluff-bunnies, or fans of Harry Potter or Twilight.

But anyways, thanks XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 10:25 PM
I noticed that any job you give a sim will reroll the random wants, without happiness deductions due to not being the same. This happens a lot, to me, because I like to use downloaded careers. But this is a big problem for me when doing a period-based community, particularly with the servants, who I almost always give the wealth LTW. Of course I always reroll those to the money wish (thank you, sim modder). But if the slots end up rerolling straight wishes for jobs, I will have to give that sim a job before immediately quitting, just to get more useful wants. This happened recently, to a self-made butler (not Apartment Life btw; I only have up to Bon Voyage). Right now, he has one wish for 500 simoleons, one wish for an expensive painting, and two wishes for jobs he won't be getting. I'll be glad to wave those goodbye.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:35 AM
Thanks! I'm creating an apocalypse themed neighborhood and most careers really don't fit!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 28th May 2022 at 8:01 PM
Hey there I know I'm kind of late , but I only recently got back into Sims 2, but it's still the best
one thing that has always bothered me was the limited LTWs but as you already said I didn't find anything about adding new LTWs unfortunately. So I did get LTWVariety from J. M. Pescado over at MATY.
But I do kind of want to add additional jobs for variety and since those can't be a LTW then I was looking for a Mod to remove the careers from LTW so here I am <3 but now I'm wondering if I need to remove the Variety-Mod or if they are compatible?
Page 2 of 2