Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Phaenoh's Great Clothing Migration V2 -UPDATED 9/10-

by Phaenoh Posted 5th Apr 2008 at 3:55 AM - Updated 19th Jul 2011 at 6:06 PM by Phaenoh

179 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Garnet Avi
So if I'm interpreting correct, a hider for FFS outfits including the princess dresses will conflict, so if I don't install yours for only that pack I'm okay and fanseelamb's outerwear for uni shouldn't conflict because it places the letter jacket in outerwear, but yours doesn't touch that. Does the Unlocked University Outfits conflict? What about Hide "Happy Holiday" Clothes? That last one prolly does, b/c yours moves the elf outfit and it hides it. If this is the case, how are we to get rid of the holiday stuff from the catalog, if the hiders always include the elf outfit? Or is there a more specific mod I don't know about?
Thanks for making this. Life is better without those ridiculous cataloging choices.
I advocate that tutorial Jenwar mentioned. Until I get that tutorial write up and if these two mods get your catalog looking as it should, thats the bestest way to go. Shouldn't think fanseelamb's Uni mod should conflict. I didn't touch any of the locked Uni outfits so that should be fine too. (learned my lesson the hard way last time I messed with moving locked outfits) Happy Holidays might conflict, but not because of what you said. No, I did not move or hide the (child?) elf outfits. I haven't decided what I want to do with them in my game yet so I just left them. I did move the TODDLER holiday outfits, those looked cute as pjs so they are over there now.

Glad everyone is getting everything worked out. Interesting that it only worked the way I originally suggested after a full reinstall though... I'll get that tutorial started tomorrow night or Wednesday afternoon. It'll be up before Friday!
Forum Resident
#52 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 4:28 AM
I downloaded this and the buy mode organizer yesterday but hadn't played much since installing... just played some and O.M.G.... If I haven't said it before, what with all of your awesome fixes for Maxis' stupid clothes, I think I love you These work perfectly for me and I am sooo glad to have all that unnecessary stuff out of Everyday and into the categories they belong in LOL

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Mad Poster
#53 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 2:13 PM
WooHoo - I figured out how to move those stupid Gorilla suits all by myself! YAY!!! But, I'm still not sure I did it the right way - so I'll wait ever so patiently 'til Friday, for the tute.
Thanks again!
Catherine

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#54 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Was wondering if anyone was going to ask about that. Photoshop, my dear, photoshop. Though, it would seriously make sense if it did that for real.

Dang, I was afraid of that. Excellent job though!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 9:07 PM
Thanks for this. I really appreciate you taking the time to list all the changes as well!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 1:41 AM
I suspect my problem was fixed because when I installed this time, I installed all EPs first then the SP, whereas I installed Freetime at the very end after the SPs. So "last" might mean "last installed" rather than "last released" in this situation. Why it should matter at all though is anyone's guess.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:46 AM
I have just added the required files to my game and tested them. All are present and correct. I am very pleased with all the changes you have made.

This is a fantastic idea. I am now going to use your Tutorial to do the same to some of my CC that have been bugging me. Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:31 PM
I'm a perfectionist and spend more time organizing my content than playing the game! >,< Thank you so much for doing this and saving me time!!!

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Test Subject
#59 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:06 PM
I have a shiny new problem, and I'm sure I did something stupid to cause it, but since you know about this stuff, I thought I'd chance asking you.
None of my custom content is showing up in CAS anymore. It seems to still be usable to the game, as the sims I've already made still look fine. Now I've removed all hacks and mods and everything but CAS stuff and it's still not working. I want to avoid full reinstall, so I'm wondering: do you happen to know if putting one of these catalog editing things somewhere dumb could've cause it? Or a conflict? I've removed them now, but the problem persists. Any wisdom you could bestow upon me is appreciated.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 10:07 PM
This should have absolutely nothing to do with that problem. Before you do a full reinstall (why is that always the fix people go to?) look up the information and help tips on this site for why CC wouldn't show up. It might be as simple as the 'Display Custom Content in Catalog' button got toggled to off.
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 10:24 PM
Thanks. I figured it out, I think (it's working). My "The Sims 2" folder got corrupted, so I just moved it and the game regenerated a working one. Apparently. I'm currently reinstalling my downloads and other stuff piecewise to insure it was only a corruption of that one folder. At least if it happens again, it'll be easier to pin down.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 2:25 AM
Well, it seems to be working other than the Free Time outfits. I guess I will just have to get Ares out of that leotard by means of shopping for clothes (only teen boy ever to live in that house, so far). I'm excited though. No more children aging into swimsuits! Yeah!!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 5:15 AM
Here's what it says to me when I try. I've tried installing it to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\StuffPack and to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

I am running Vista.

! C:\Users\MyComputer\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS2_Phaenoh_741385_Phaenoh_ClothingCatalogEdit-BaseGame-3.rar: Cannot create Phaenoh_ClothingCatalogEdit-BaseGame.package
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\MyComputer\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS2_Phaenoh_741385_Phaenoh_ClothingCatalogEdit-BaseGame-3.rar: No files to extract
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 3:09 PM
Hi!

First of all I just want to compliment you on the excellent job you've done here. I have pretty much all of your EAxis-related replacements and moved clothes, and I think I can safely say you're absolutely one of my favourite creators. I like EAxis stuff and prefer to keep my downloads to a minimum, and you're making EAxis stuff that much more useful. Thank you.

Next: I have found a couple of issues with a few of these...

The elder female blue swimsuit is now moved to underwear once again, but it doesn't take on the blue sports bra texture and still looks like a swimsuit. The two others (pink and yellow) are still fine.

The black and grey athleticwear that I think you unlocked from careers aren't included any longer! I kind of miss them.

The toddler outerwear hats are a mess. This is mostly EAxis' fault but I wonder if you know how to fix it? The bear hats that you have moved only appear for a couple of the hair colours for the females (and even then, it's not ALL the bear hats), and are missing for the other two female hair colours and all of the boys' haircolours. Also, the Seasons toddler hat + earwarmers is seriously messed up, particularly for boys. Some of the hats are categorised entirely wrong, so that blond, black and red all will appear under 'brown', etc.

---

Also, I realise this isn't the right thread for it, but it's sort of related. I can't get your swimwear/PJ/underwear conversions for child/teen/elder males to appear in my game. I tried placing them in Bins, and in StuffPack (both for Free Time), tried putting Zz in front of all the files, but it doesn't do anything. I've never had any trouble getting any of your files to work before. Am I doing something wrong? Should some of the files go to Downloads or something to work?

Once again, I love your work and I wouldn't bother being nitpicky about these things if I didn't.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tarlia
The elder female blue swimsuit is now moved to underwear once again, but it doesn't take on the blue sports bra texture and still looks like a swimsuit. The two others (pink and yellow) are still fine. The black and grey athleticwear that I think you unlocked from careers aren't included any longer! I kind of miss them. The toddler outerwear hats are a mess. This is mostly EAxis' fault but I wonder if you know how to fix it? The bear hats that you have moved only appear for a couple of the hair colours for the females (and even then, it's not ALL the bear hats), and are missing for the other two female hair colours and all of the boys' haircolours. Also, the Seasons toddler hat + earwarmers is seriously messed up, particularly for boys. Some of the hats are categorised entirely wrong, so that blond, black and red all will appear under 'brown', etc.
Thanks for giving this a full testing. I need to remove the blue swimsuit from this, its a work outfit. Thats also the same reason the athleticwear are no longer included. The game couldn't find the outfit when you reached that career so it gave you another random entirely unrelated on instead. I'll take another look at the hats and hair section for everyone, added them in was kind of an after thought and I noticed a lot of winter hats that should just be in Outerwear and possibly some formal hair too.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 12:45 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaggerJinx
Here's what it says to me when I try. I've tried installing it to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\StuffPack and to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

I am running Vista.

! C:\Users\MyComputer\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS2_Phaenoh_741385_Phaenoh_ClothingCatalogEdit-BaseGame-3.rar: Cannot create Phaenoh_ClothingCatalogEdit-BaseGame.package
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\MyComputer\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS2_Phaenoh_741385_Phaenoh_ClothingCatalogEdit-BaseGame-3.rar: No files to extract

Can anyone help me get these installed?
Forum Resident
#68 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaggerJinx

I am running Vista.

! Access is denied.

Maybe your path and filename too long. Try extract the file in folder with shorter name(like C:\), then move the file by yourself.
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Maybe your path and filename too long. Try extract the file in folder with shorter name(like C:\), then move the file by yourself.
Seems to have worked. Thanks Anak
Field Researcher
#70 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:25 AM
Kitchen & Bath Stuff updated Property Sets of base game clothing to Pets Bodyshop. All adult clothes are now enabled for YAs as well.

Unfortunately, this means that every existing clothing unlocker for base game clothing must be moved to the new location. Otherwise the unlocker can't override updated Property Sets located in K&B folder.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack

This location might change when the next SP or EP is out. As EAxis started to build SPs on Pets engine now, the next rumored IKEA stuff pack must be the same too.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 10:31 AM
LD, I tried putting the files in the folder you suggested but nothing showed in the correct location as specified by Phaenoh. I then put all the files in:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

and it all works properly as it should.

Emma
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 11:32 AM
I was just wondering if this caused the tooltip in CAS to dissappear? Since downloading all these none of the info on ANY outfits (CC or maxis original) show up anymore, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

On a side note, I have all EPs and SPs (except Holidays) I downloaded ALL the files in my downloads folder, in a subfolder and it all works fine. I haven't seen any other issue besides the tooltip dissappearing. I plan to keep the files though because I like the organization. Great mod!!

My Creations at MTS2!
My Free Creations at TSR!
"Who looks outside, dreams; Who looks inside, awakes!"
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#73 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 6:52 PM
Sorry to butt in, but FreeTime broke the tooltips. :/ It's a known EP bug. Maybe you just didn't notice until now?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 7:13 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 19th Apr 2008 at 7:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
Sorry to butt in, but FreeTime broke the tooltips. :/ It's a known EP bug. Maybe you just didn't notice until now?
Oh good, I had no idea what was with that, glad I didn't cause it!
Test Subject
#75 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle

Yea I did just notice. I just started cleaning out all my files in CAS and noticed that it wasn't showing up. I've read about a lot of EP bugs from FT but hadn't read anything on that. Glad to know what's causing it. Thanks!!

My Creations at MTS2!
My Free Creations at TSR!
"Who looks outside, dreams; Who looks inside, awakes!"
Page 3 of 8