Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Phaenoh's Great Clothing Migration V2 -UPDATED 9/10-

by Phaenoh Posted 5th Apr 2008 at 3:55 AM - Updated 19th Jul 2011 at 6:06 PM by Phaenoh

179 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 12:25 PM
Wonderful! I've been meaning to do this for some of those outfits for a very long time. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:29 PM
Thank you so much!! Let me tell you how much I really wanted the stuff clothes!!!

I think everybody should like everybody. ~Andy Worhol (Go Pittsburgh!!)

98% of teens have drank or been around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels.

"I don't want to do good things, I want to do great things." -- Lex Luthor
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:46 PM
Thanks. You make the best mods, and write great description as well!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:43 PM
This is exactly what I've always wanted. Thank you for all of the hard work.

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:28 PM
Jawdroppingly impressive! *applauds for a very long time*
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:16 PM
Thanks for commenting everyone! Makes my day seeing that all my hard work is appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:22 PM
Very nice!

Quick question...if a hider doesn't affect any of the same outfits as these (say one that removes the FT circus clothes totally, yours does not do anything with those outfits) will it still conflict?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:54 PM
Thanks! I hated seeing all that crap in the wrong places. lol

Click HERE and you'll get a surprise!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:02 PM
jenwar, as long as your hiders do not affect the clothes I've listed they will NOT conflict. You can enjoy what I've done here and still be circus clown free.

Thanks for commenting!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:37 PM
Great, thank you so much
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:00 PM
i was really impressed with this ermm..download? and i was kinda thinkn sneakily i mite get these clothes from other ep and sp and when i went to my body shop they were there...just..not really the clothes they were either invisible or the type of clothes that show up that say nope im not gonna work for u and i was all pouty
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim~obsessor
id like to download this...but i dont have a bins folder!
i downloaded your other mods...but now..i cant find the bins folder

and i used the vista search for "bins" 'no items match your search'

WWTTFF IMPOSSIBLE....right?
Dude, you have the folder. See the picture. lol
Quote: Originally posted by demon_puppy
i was really impressed with this ermm..download? and i was kinda thinkn sneakily i mite get these clothes from other ep and sp and when i went to my body shop they were there...just..not really the clothes they were either invisible or the type of clothes that show up that say nope im not gonna work for u and i was all pouty
Nope, can't be sneaky. There is no mesh or texture included for these outfits, you can't steal them this way.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:43 AM
Sorry if I sound dense, (stupid head injury) I download and extract all of these except teen stuff and freetime (don't have them) into my Bon Voyage BIN which has in it a file named "globalcatbundle" which I do not delete? Is that right?
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:59 AM
Thanks so much for this! You rock!

But, even though I have FreeTime, and I put the files in the Stuffpack folder, none of the clothes have changed categories or anything. (Same thing happened with your buy mode edit)

Do you know why it might be doing this, or must I use the Bins folder?

Thanks so much!

--Claire
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mizmudgie
Sorry if I sound dense, (stupid head injury) I download and extract all of these except teen stuff and freetime (don't have them) into my Bon Voyage BIN which has in it a file named "globalcatbundle" which I do not delete? Is that right?
Quote: Originally posted by drcrzy
But, even though I have FreeTime, and I put the files in the Stuffpack folder, none of the clothes have changed categories or anything. (Same thing happened with your buy mode edit) Do you know why it might be doing this, or must I use the Bins folder?
Nothing bad will happen if you install them to the wrong folder, they just won't change anything. I didn't test every game configuration but I believe both the Bins folder or the StuffPack folder should work. If you'd like to be a guinea pig and explain in detail which EPs and SPs you have and which folder you placed them in and if you put it in a sub folder or not, then I'd be more than willing to work with you to figure it out. Otherwise, its just best guess from my end. Sorries!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:39 AM
Quick question. I looked and couldn't find it, but maybe it's there and I just didn't look hard enough. The question is: What happens to sims wearing items you changed the catagory of? I have some children in household where I have not ever been shopping (it's a choir in my game, speed wise) who aged into the swim suits or dragon suits. I admit I probably go shopping as soon as I can when I get one in a dragon suit, but I know I have at least two children in swimsuits. I also have toddlers in the same situation who are wearing the animal outfits. Will they just end up in whatever the base outfit is (for toddler girls I think this is a white dress with flowers or something on it) or will something else happen? I certainly relish the idea of never seeing my children in those swimsuits as their day wear or toddlers out of those animal costumes ever again.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:19 AM
Does that mean yes? Download all except the EPs I do not own?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:55 AM
Hmmm I tried putting them in the Bins folder and in the Stuffpack folder (under Freetime, I have all EPs) and it didn't work in either place :\
Inventor
#20 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:16 AM
Wow. Another thing I could use.
Thanks...

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:33 AM
Same here. I tried it with subfolders and nothing changed. I tried it with simply tossing the files in the Stuffpack and Bin folder and nothing changed.

I have all EP's, GLS and TSS.

I used just Seasons, FT, GLS and TSS because for the other EP'S I have hiders.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faerieimp
Quick question. I looked and couldn't find it, but maybe it's there and I just didn't look hard enough. The question is: What happens to sims wearing items you changed the catagory of? I have some children in household where I have not ever been shopping (it's a choir in my game, speed wise) who aged into the swim suits or dragon suits. I admit I probably go shopping as soon as I can when I get one in a dragon suit, but I know I have at least two children in swimsuits. I also have toddlers in the same situation who are wearing the animal outfits. Will they just end up in whatever the base outfit is (for toddler girls I think this is a white dress with flowers or something on it) or will something else happen? I certainly relish the idea of never seeing my children in those swimsuits as their day wear or toddlers out of those animal costumes ever again.
They will randomly be assigned a new outfit. Took me the LONGEST time to remember Marylena Hamilton's outfit. I saw her in someone's story and was like 'Oh yeah!'
Quote: Originally posted by mizmudgie
Does that mean yes? Download all except the EPs I do not own?
Yes.
Quote: Originally posted by jenwar
Hmmm I tried putting them in the Bins folder and in the Stuffpack folder (under Freetime, I have all EPs) and it didn't work in either place :\
Quote: Originally posted by Llial
Same here. I tried it with subfolders and nothing changed. I tried it with simply tossing the files in the Stuffpack and Bin folder and nothing changed. I have all EP's, GLS and TSS. I used just Seasons, FT, GLS and TSS because for the other EP'S I have hiders.
Anyone who is still having trouble getting this to work, please, standard mod testing procedure, temporarily remove ALL your downloads and mods and hacks and silver monkeys and test only my packages. Its depressing for you that something you want doesn't work, but its also depressing for me. I created and and shared it because I wanted you to have it. Currently though, I am baffled as to why it is working 'sometimes'.
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:18 AM
Thank you for your hard work, it's great!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:59 AM
Thank you VERY much for this! Maxis has made a disaster of any sort of logic that may have once existed in how things are categorized.

I have a small question though... How did you get the wider display for the clothes in CAS?? I recently got a widescreen monitor and CAS is insufferable with the tabs not stretching the width of my screen (as would be rational).
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 11:40 AM
Thank you! ♥

Page 1 of 8