Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Catalog Clean Up Mod- Buy Mode Rearranged -UPDATED-

by Phaenoh Posted 4th Apr 2008 at 8:01 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2013 at 6:27 PM by Phaenoh

169 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 155 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:39 PM Last edited by edejan : 5th Apr 2008 at 7:46 PM.
Phaenoh I knew you were brilliant and a great fixer for Maxi's f***ked up stuff but this is the mod I've been longing for forever!! My head is spinning from combing through all those mixed up catalog sections. Now if I don't mess up the installation (:b) this will answer my prayers!! Thank you a million times!!! (bows and kisses Phaenoh's feet multiple times)

Is it possible to do this for custom content as well? I don't think so but I'm still asking...
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:46 PM
This is definitely one of those hacks that you don't know you need until you see it, and need it badly!
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:48 PM
Thank you for what must have been a long job ..............great to have everything in its logical place
Field Researcher
#29 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:23 PM
I do not have Free Time. I understand that I can download just the mods for the EPs and SPs I do have, but in your description, some of the items from Nightlife, OFB, and Bon Voyage are being changed to the Hobbies category, but I will not have this category since I do not have Free Time. So, do those objects stay the same? Or can I not use these mods?
Instructor
#30 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:36 PM
great idear i hate it when i can never find some items cus i rearly use them
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#31 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:52 PM
Fantastic Phaenoh!

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:54 PM
Default Wow! Wow! Wow!
WOW! If I'd seen this a year ago, it would've saved me a LOT of work!!! I've been re-pricing/recategorizing things with SimWardrobe's Categorizer in a rather lame attempt to make sense out of the catalog. But, that only pertains to CC items; so, alas, my larger fish tanks are still in sculptures... now I'll have to recategorize them again and put them all back in the pets tab where they belong.

Aye yie yie...

Yes, edejan, you can recategorize CC to your hearts content with the above mentioned free program (from www.simwardrobe.com) Have fun!

Treena410 - The "Hobby" category has been with us since the base game - it's where your bookcases, pianos, chess tables, etc... are found.

Now, the question I have for Phaenoh is: How do I do this myself? I'm familiar with SimPE - but I don't know how to change EAxis' files? I agree with most of your sorting, but not all of it... and I'd like to change some of the prices too... how do I do that?

Please help! Thanks,
Catherine

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sehana
just to clarify, cuz i'm one of those who'll prolly mess up LOL.
but what i got from reading is that all the EP mods go under C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\StuffPack and all the SP mods go under the downloads folder?
Thank You for organizing all that!!
No, if you have FreeTime EVERYTHING goes in the FreeTime\...\StuffPack folder. I included a picture to show you.
Quote: Originally posted by treena410
I do not have Free Time. I understand that I can download just the mods for the EPs and SPs I do have, but in your description, some of the items from Nightlife, OFB, and Bon Voyage are being changed to the Hobbies category, but I will not have this category since I do not have Free Time. So, do those objects stay the same? Or can I not use these mods?
Yes you do have this category, as the person above said, thats where your Crafting Benches, your Chess Tables, Easels, Instruments are. You have it, don't worry!
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
How do I do this myself? I'm familiar with SimPE - but I don't know how to change EAxis' files? I agree with most of your sorting, but not all of it... and I'd like to change some of the prices too... how do I do that?
Sounds like I need to write up a tutorial then...
Mad Poster
#34 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:19 PM
Oh, please, yes!!! Tute away!
Thanks again!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#35 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:33 PM
oh wow! i love this! and i would totally use it if i hadn't already memorized the catalog as it is now. XD it would take me ages to relearn it. but WOW. lots of work, and very useful!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starbucks_dreams
oh wow! i love this! and i would totally use it if i hadn't already memorized the catalog as it is now. XD it would take me ages to relearn it. but WOW. lots of work, and very useful!
Lol, it shouldn't. Everything is much more intuitive now.
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 10:09 PM
Great minds think alike... thank goodness one of us had talent & patience to go with it! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
No, if you have FreeTime EVERYTHING goes in the FreeTime\...\StuffPack folder. I included a picture to show you.

Ah ok thanks! see i almost messed up LOL.

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Sounds like I need to write up a tutorial then...

that would be great!

*.* ~Sehana~
Sehana Fortress.com | Entertainment | Sims2 | Sims3 | Blog | Twitter |
Instructor
#39 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:13 AM
What an awesome idea! I'm a bit of a download freak *and* I'm OCD about organizing my stuff, so this is great. Thanks!
Instructor
#40 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:25 AM
Field Researcher
#41 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:08 AM
Ahhh, ok. Thanks to those who answered my question. I wasn't thinking about the skill building area, I thought hobbies meant the special interests that come with Free Time.

Other than my own brain fart, I appreciate the time you took to explain all the mods (ie, where things moved to, and compatibility issues). I found it easy to understand, which is always a plus when downloading game mods.
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:09 AM
Thanks for this! I saw it yesterday but didn't know where to put the files, thanks for clearing it up. And thanks for cleaning up The Sims 2! I often find it difficult to find everything when I need it, now a lot of stuff is in logical places =D
Inventor
#43 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:11 AM
This is brilliant. I have to download this.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Field Researcher
#44 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 5:18 AM
Wow. You read my mind! I always loved the fountains and vanities, but I could never find the darn things!
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 5:57 AM
WoW!!! Great work as always!!!
I always got so annoyed when furnishing 'cause i couldn't find stuff , but now you've made it so easy... and I guess my Sim's homes won't look alike anymore

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Yes, edejan, you can recategorize CC to your hearts content with the above mentioned free program (from www.simwardrobe.com) Have fun!
and thanks for the info, a lot of CC doesn't make sense where it is either
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:07 AM
Wow. This is so what I've wanted for the longest time! Would it be too much to ask for a tute on how do do this? I think you got all my big annoyances, except a few of the new FT clutter items. Thanks again!
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 11:25 AM
thanks for doing this, phaenoh! it'll be so useful!!!!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:19 PM
Three cheers for Phae!!! This is wonderful!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:12 PM
Great idea! I just wondered, why put fountains in plumbing misc? I would have put them outside with pool stuff. I put everything that has to do with bathrooms (towels, toilet items, etc.) into plumbing misc so that I can find them easily when designing a bathroom. Maybe you can't move those fountains to build mode, huh? I'm just thinking about where I'd like to move stuff if I knew how to do what you're doing... I would also rather move the upper cabinets right in there with the lower ones, but then I'd change the prices so they'd be with their group. I hope you do write a tutorial. I'll keep a watch out. Thanks for all the work!
Mad Poster
#50 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:51 PM
misstexas2 and I have VERY similar ideas...
Just checking in to see if the tutorial is ready (push, push, push!)
Thanks again for your great work!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 2 of 7