Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4201 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:20 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 11th Oct 2017 at 7:05 PM.
It's not something that I discovered whilst playing, but I have recently "discovered" the joys of EAxis add on's/completer sets! I've been working my way though this website, downloading pretty much everything, and it's great! People have made some really useful, interesting things.

**ETA** I've downloaded all of the BG, UNI, NL and IKEA stuff linked from that website so far, and it only comes to 120MB......
Advertisement
Theorist
#4202 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 6:19 PM
It seems that flu spreads through owned community lots too.
Top Secret Researcher
#4203 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 7:26 PM
A broken MunchieBot will bring off-the-lot smelly plates to bedrooms. And you can't even clean them up afterwards! Eeeehhh... That's not even fun, so I just put them on counters and sold the counters with moveobjects...
Forum Resident
#4204 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Perhaps you made the same mistake a lot of people make, including me. The object that prevents Sims from showing up on community lot if placed in inventory, when it's a regular Sim and not someone in a properly set up jail, is not the prisoner token. It's the prisoner tag

Yes, I did that the first time. It didn't work.
Then I put the tag in the inventory and the token on the wall. My poor Sim became hysterical over being sent to "prison" when he's actually confined to his home. I felt so bad!
Then I found out that I don't need the prisoner token at all, just the tag. It worked wonderfully -- until I made him the owner of the neighborhood library. Next time I loaded the library, he was there, walking around like he owned the place. ;-)

FYI -- My Sim is a regular playable Sim, but in my imagination he is not a playable. I created him to be an entity, the neighborhood's treasury department. I named him Treasurer. When Sims start paying taxes (very soon!), they will send their check to Treasurer. When they want to get married, they will pay their fee to Treasurer. I had hoped to make Treasurer the "owner" of all the unowned lots so that when a Sim did buy land, they'd be buying it from the island's Treasurer.

I never considered using the Visitor Controller to ban the lot owner. I'll give that a try.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#4205 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
It seems that flu spreads through owned community lots too.

Pescado's Customer Selector will allow you to selectively ban certain types of customers from your business (diseased, witches, children, etc.). It works sort of like TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller, but only affects what customers are allowed to appear at your owned business.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?;topic=5906.0
Mad Poster
#4206 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 7:57 PM
It's a handy little thing. Though I never did figure out what 'infested" on the customer selector meant.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#4207 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 8:24 PM
That the Mr. Bearlybutts chair can be a reward for a great date. Thanks, Oberon. I realize you're supposed be quirky but this might be a touch too far
Mad Poster
#4208 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
It's a handy little thing. Though I never did figure out what 'infested" on the customer selector meant.

Can pets have flees?...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4209 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:05 PM
Don't think so, though there's roaches.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4210 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:12 PM
Possibly it's a type for "infected," a class of sims I'd want to ban from my store if I could.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4211 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:14 PM
Don't use stretchskeleton on dogs.

#NoAbuse #PETA
Inventor
#4212 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:38 PM
Further on my discoveries for date rewards, apparently date rewards 'exist' in the world as soon as the game chooses a destination for it to appear. Puck managed a dream date with Hermia and she later showed up on the lot. At the same time, a rando townie that had been hanging around started walking toward the same spot as Hermia. Rando townie reached it first, then jumped into the air and started spinning around. When Hermia made it there a few seconds later, she opened a bag to deposit an ElectroDance Sphere... which appeared around the townie. I admit to being quite bemused!
Mad Poster
#4213 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Possibly it's a type for "infected," a class of sims I'd want to ban from my store if I could.

I would think the same, except there's also "Plagued," which is clearly sick Sims.

Inventor
#4214 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:31 PM
The dead walk among us. If you use the Decimate Neighborhood on the batbox, townies marked for death will continue to appear on lots. Charlie Tang had wandered onto the Summerdream lot in the morning as the family was getting ready for the day. Titiana had died in the Decimation and her tombstone needed delivering to the newly installed Summerdream's Rest. I doubt her ghost wishes to be present when Oberon marries Bianca Monty. Anywho, after the kids were off to school, Oberon left Charlie sitting on a deck chair as he went to put Titiana's tombstone in its final resting place. When he returned home, I got the message that Charlie Tang had 'died on another lot'. Welp. Olive Spectre is still alive over in Strangetown. I'm sorely tempted to use her to summon townies so the game can process their deaths properly =P
Mad Poster
#4215 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:37 PM
The 'I Am Dead' token sometimes takes a while to kick in. It's funny when they squeeze in autonomous activities between it. I once had a Sim playing piano badly, randomly stopping to get up and keel over dead.

Mad Poster
#4216 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:39 PM
Infested - those sims coming back from tours on BV or hiking trips itching and scratching?
Mad Poster
#4217 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:41 PM
Could be - but that seems like a rather random thing to ban/allow.

Mad Poster
#4218 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:32 AM
I guess I kinda discover, but kind of predictable If you ask me, you can put a wall-hanging shelf with items on it in one slot in the inventory. Not really a surprise, because as far I can recall same can be done with a counter. Probably can be done with any surface catalog object.
Scholar
#4219 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:08 AM

I think 'infested' means pregnant sims. Not 100% sure but it seems like the kind of description Pescado would use.
Mad Poster
#4220 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:24 AM
Could be - but that seems like a rather random thing to ban/allow.

They stand around scratching, not buying?
Mad Poster
#4221 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 11:39 AM
Watching a gardener trim a snowy hedge while it's still snowing while also having Voeille's Maxis Plants Fixes installed is quite amusing. Hedges is brown and snowy...hedge is bright green...hedge is brown and snowy again. And snow really falls unevenly, at least on newly-trimmed hedges, so it really ends up looking odd until the snow finally manages to fall all over the whole thing again.
Scholar
#4222 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Watching a gardener trim a snowy hedge while it's still snowing while also having Voeille's Maxis Plants Fixes installed is quite amusing. Hedges is brown and snowy...hedge is bright green...hedge is brown and snowy again. And snow really falls unevenly, at least on newly-trimmed hedges, so it really ends up looking odd until the snow finally manages to fall all over the whole thing again.

Making the plants properly seasonal would prevent that, but then you wouldn’t get to trim them as they would be considered as trees by the game. But maybe it’s possible to make them both seasonal and trimmable, however I wouldn’t know how. But well at least now you get bushes that can’t decide what colour they should be

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4223 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:42 PM
There's probably a way to do it since trees are harvestable by season as well I believe. Or at least partially.
Scholar
#4224 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
It's not something that I discovered whilst playing, but I have recently "discovered" the joys of EAxis add on's/completer sets! I've been working my way though this website, downloading pretty much everything, and it's great! People have made some really useful, interesting things.

**ETA** I've downloaded all of the BG, UNI, NL and IKEA stuff linked from that website so far, and it only comes to 120MB......

How are you navigating this site to find stuff? I've poked around a bit but almost all the images so far have the photobucket error message.
Mad Poster
#4225 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:39 PM
I just realized your thumbnail is Bianca del Rio :lovestruc She's one of my favorites.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 169 of 446