Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2012 at 12:15 AM
Default Bee Gees' singer Robin Gibb dies after cancer battle
Robin Gibb, co-founder of the Bee Gees, has died after a long battle with colon and liver cancer. He was 62.

The musician passed away Sunday afternoon (May 20), Rolling Stone reports.

Robin and his brothers rocketed to fame during the 70s with songs such as “How Deep Is Your Love,” “Night Fever,” and “Stayin’ Alive.” Their Saturday Night Fever soundtrack is credited with the revival of disco.

Robin is survived by wife Dwina Murphy Gibb, four children, and brother and bandmate Barry Gibb

Our thoughts go out to Robin’s family and friends during this difficult time.

Rest in Peace Robin. eternal mourning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18140862
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd May 2012 at 2:30 AM
I'll admit that I've never really "listened" to the Bee Gees. I've heard their songs (hell, I'd be impossible not to), but I've never really gone out of my way. However, I can still appreciate his talent, and agree that we have lost a legend.

On a barely related note, what the hell is going on with all the celebrities lately, especially musicians?! I mean, just think about the sheer amount of people we've lost; Whitney Houston, Dick Clark, MCA (of The Beastie Boys), Donna Summer, and now Robin Gibb? And those are just the people that have died since February! It really is starting to get just a little bit scary here.