Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#401 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 8:44 PM
actually, the incompatibility with the hack is because the same bhav has been changes for turn-ons. When the creator gets nightlife, it can be made compatible.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 8:44 PM
Finally got my game from gamestop today. *whew* Never thought it would happen. Lol!

Although it was a very harrowing experience involving my boat, my car, and a lot of tears. All is well now as I have my nightlife! Yay!

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Lab Assistant
#403 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 8:46 PM Last edited by valenlocke : 14th Sep 2005 at 8:59 PM. Reason: Just added some things
Oooh... And I just installed Sims 2 + University again cause there was something wrong with it before... Now I have to do it again -- the pain of having to wait to play again... Hehe... Well, it's been a long time since they haven't released something recently... Welll anyho... Is Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children out? Like... Release is due Sept 14, 05 right?

I'm so sad... I forgot to read the latest posts... When I did, I found out that some interesting/useful hacks don't work anymore... like the teen woohoo and all... and the no-censorship hack? Well, does editting the userStartup file work for Nightlife too? Or has that been removed as well? :confused:

Guess I'll have to find out... I don't know if Nightlife's in my area already... Poor me...

I'm pretty, huh? I'm not even PRETTY enough to FIT my shoes!
Scholar
#404 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:00 PM
Well,I finished installing and made some tests.My first impressions:

1) The game works and there are no major problems.
2) Some little points have to be "reworked" in depth,by me or by the community if its the same for all people.
A) The loading time is very good.I would say PERFECT.
But after loading a lot I found the game slow.Its the last house I built for some days,on a medium lot and the filesize is 2,8 GB.Before installing "Nightlife" the game was perfect on this lot.Well,I think there is a little problem.By the way I have a very good graphic card,that I bough just for some weeks and I am sure that it can't be the cause of any problem...
B) I experienced no problem to load my lot and all was OK,except for the"lagging" thing.After reinstalling the CEP I found the custom content.In fact,I just had (as a test) Numenor's recolorable "Wooden stairs" and they keep working fine! Thanks,Numenor,and Marina who made the recolor I am using..BUT.... I tried another test and it failed: After saving the house,I tried to re-package it and got a fatal error: "Program will be closed..." This poblem made me insane after installing "University".I hope it will be fixed with new houses built with "Nightlife".I'll learn more in some hours.

For now no more problems.
Some objects are really beautiful,for instance a new armchair,nearly the same as in"Superstar".The red color is wonderful.
There are new fences,of course the half walls and the new pool tool + a new element in "leveling the ground".Of course there is a lot to explore,and I didn't do it yet,but I just wanted to tell you how it was going.

I wish you all to get "Nightlife" soon and don't forget to have fun!!
Field Researcher
#405 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:04 PM
Yeah mine installed quite nicely, too. No major problems except if any families had service NPC that they'd hired ... they appeared on the lot, and the only way I could get the off the lot was with tne "moveobjects" cheat (they wouldn't leave on their own). Maids and nannies will then drive up in their vans. The maid will walk up to the house, pause and then say he/she is done for the day before leaving. The nanny will hang around until you dismiss her.

I did have one problem with a family that wouldn't load. After disabling Norton and turning off unnecessary processes, it loaded fine.

Other than that ... so far it's SMOOOOOOTH sailing. :howdy:

Edit: Oh ... and I was hoping my nude patch would still work (since it worked for University), but it doesn't. So ... I'll have to work around it until the mods come up with something.

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Lab Assistant
#406 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:30 PM
The game hits the road on 16th September in Poland, but some shops are currently shipping the new expansion pack! The computer shop's employee said to me, that they've begun shipping it yesterday. I bought it today, it looks okay, but my computer is behaving so wicked, so I'm not able to "enjoy". The cars and garages are pretty annoying, all houses need to be redesigned. Graphics are nice and I really like the fact, that I'm able to see the rest of the neighbourhood when playing on a lot. Important if you are waiting for the game - turn on the custom content at the beginning, load a neighbourhood, check the new options, adjust them as you want and restart the game - you won't get flashing blue object. Have fun with Nightlife!

[~]
Lab Assistant
#407 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:46 PM
I just Got my NightLife going to install it now Be back let you all know how i like it
Lab Assistant
#408 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:49 PM
OK. I'm pulling my hair out right now, 'cause I made the stupid mistake of pre-ordering Nighlife. I could have gotten the darn game yesterday (in NY City some stores get them a few days before release) Anyway I don;t know what got into me and I pre-ordered in August 31st. The game shipped yesterday and I paid 15 bucks to get it delivered overnight. It actually arrived to UPS this morning, but the stupid driver didn't ring my doorbell (or rang the wrong one) and stuck a big fat InfoNotice on my door and left.

I was upstairs waiting like a moron while he drove away. I wondered why I haven't heard of UPS and went to the EA store to check the status. When I tracked my package it said the driver had attempted to deliver 20 min ago, then I called UPS to ask them why the hell he didn't ring the bell. They told me that they will deliverer it in 1 business day or that I could go pick it up at 9:30 PM11!!! I was freaking out because nobody will be home for the rest of the week to receive the package and my car is getting repaired. If I can't get to UPS tonight I will not get the package until next Monday. You can imagine how pissed off I am right now.
Scholar
#409 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 10:03 PM
Hi again!
I made a new test with the lot mentioned above.
1) I re-downloaded the house from the exchange.And installed it again,after removing every file from my "Downloads" ,except the CEP.All was fine and I was able to package the lot,but the custom content,i.e Numenor's recolorable deckstairs and Marina's recolor didn't show up.Why? I don't know...They were in the lot,scanned with the S2PCI.
2) I went back to the neighborhood screen ( without leaving the game) and built a simple house on a new lot:Just 4 walls,a roof...and wooden stairs. Numenor's recolorable wooden stairs + Marina's recolor worked fine! Finally I left the house and could easily package it.
I honestly think that its a happy end(or: beginning) and now I'll just enjoy the game.I know that any real problem with the new expansion will be fixed by the genial people here on MTS2.

Have all a lot of fun!
Lab Assistant
#410 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 10:06 PM
Well im in Kentucky and i thought it came out on the 13 But everwhere i went to said the 15. So today i was at a store i wont name if they shouldnt had it out today and it was there so i got it. IM so Happy
Field Researcher
#411 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 10:14 PM
I am getting today, eb games called and said they had it! YEA!
Lab Assistant
#412 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 10:40 PM
I have it on Portugal too
Test Subject
#413 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 11:13 PM
Recieved game Sept. 13 in the morning, thanks EBgames. Just waiting for new nude patch.

Pckeekri
Lab Assistant
#414 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:13 AM
Default No One Mention This!!!!!!!
Once you have installed your game (Nightlife), before you are able to play Maxis has a large blue screen that pops up giving you a warning, informing you that you have custom contents installed in your game that may cause a conflict, and gives you an option to disable the custom contents. It gives you a list of all the custom contents that may cause a problem, and where it was downloaded from. It also tells you once you have disables your custom contents to restart your game. I had backed up my download folder, disable the hacks, and backed up my saved sims.

informs
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Hi All,

As some of you may know, Nightlife is out in Brazil so if you are one of the lucky ones to have a copy we hope you enjoy the game!

It hasn't been released anywhere else yet that we know of, but we have a good amount of information about how it will affect your downloads. Everything is summed up in the Nightlife announcement we have at http://www.modthesims2.com/announce...nouncementid=63

You can discuss it here http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=6075

In other news, the next expansion pack is going to be called "Sims in Business", and your Sims will be able to own thier own businesses. Doesn't look like we'll be getting pets anytime soon, but who knows, maybe they did it this way so our *pets* will be able to own businesses. :D

If you have a copy of Nightlife and are willing to help out our excellent support staff, please drop one of the moderators a line so we can extend out coverage to Nightlife before the masses hit.

Regards,
Delphy
Lab Assistant
#415 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:25 AM
Default Sorry To Post Twice, But Here Is The Correct Post
Not sure if this was mention before, but I could not find it posted.
After backing up saved sims folder, and my download folder. I installed Nightlife. After the game loaded, it brought up a blue screen which gives you information on all custom content, if any is found.
We have discovered customized or modified content is Disabled in your game. Modified content can cause conflict with your game which may result in unwanted game behavior. The content listed may cause conflicts with your game. To enable this content select " Enable Content" from the options below. It goes on to inform to restart your game to see the changes.

If you choose not to enable content, it will still load your game, but the game will not perform well.
Lab Assistant
#416 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:46 AM
Default Yes, They Work
Your game objects will work in the game. All my objects are showing up in the game, I have no blue objects at all. I was given a choice to Enable Custom Contents which I did, and it had a list of the custom contents that were global which may cause a conflict with the game play, but other then that, I went into the game, and everything is there, and it plays great.
Quote: Originally posted by GunMod
Someone that has it tell me: Do game objects and recolors work?
If they dont I may wait awhile before I get NL, if at all.
I have over 2000 objects in the game right now and really dont want to start over again.
Can someone post a list of what does and doesnt work?
Test Subject
#417 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:44 AM
Default Nightlife and Custom Content
As some others have reported, all my custom content seems to be working well with the new expansion pack. I just thought I would report that Marina's multi-purpose painting, inteenimator, and twojeffs multiples hack all seem to be working great in my game so far.

It's seems pretty great so far!
Test Subject
#418 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:48 AM
It's* = It
Lab Assistant
#419 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:55 AM
Default Yes, They Work
Your game objects will work in the game. All my objects are showing up in the game, I have no blue objects at all. I was given a choice to Enable Custom Contents which I did, and it had a list of the custom contents that were global which may cause a conflict with the game play, but other then that, I went into the game, and everything is there, and it plays great.
Quote: Originally posted by GunMod
Someone that has it tell me: Do game objects and recolors work?
If they dont I may wait awhile before I get NL, if at all.
I have over 2000 objects in the game right now and really dont want to start over again.
Can someone post a list of what does and doesnt work?
Test Subject
#420 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:55 AM
Default Best Buy!
I bought it at best buy today. They have a promotion. Buy the Nightlife expansion, get a free CD of your choice up to $14.99. I just thought I'd pass that tidbit along!
Lab Assistant
#421 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 1:06 AM
My game installed great! It runs great too. Although please be aware if you have a custom CAS! it may glitch create a family with nightlife. It did for me anyways... Took me a bit to track the problem down.

Also learned the hard way that if you delete the CAS! files the game does not regenerate them. lol! Anyway I have to track the originals down on the disc.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Instructor
#422 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 1:23 AM
Well my disk 1 is damaged bah, have to take it back and get another set.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Test Subject
#423 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 1:27 AM
I am going to get it after school today as it came like today for us (Australia)

Buisness Sims...wicked...
Lab Assistant
#424 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 1:52 AM
Ok iv been playing for just over an hour i think here is the Deal. All my Downloads will show up in the game Thou my Unlimited Funds Trainer from UV will not work with nightlife from what i see.

2 CBOY_cock_controller.package works fine thour the Blur is Back

3 nude-potty.package WORK the Blur do's not show while there useing the bathroom but will while taking a shower

i have more i will try here in a sec just wanted to let you all know what i had that was working or kinda working like the CBOY cock it works but dosnt do any good with the Blur OMG there is so much i can do with this and BTW i cant get my cheat thing to show so i can turn on moveobjects that is Shift = C???
Lab Assistant
#425 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 2:24 AM
Been tryin to change some stuff with SimPE and its not working with Nightlife keeps saying wrong Format eekk
Locked thread | Locked by: daysies Reason: no need to discuss further; help issues go [url=http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31]here[/url]
Page 17 of 30