Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ambitious One Tile Desk

by SimFused Posted 24th Dec 2018 at 9:35 AM

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 12:14 PM
Very cool, thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 12:32 PM
This is super cute! A perfect companion for the chair. Thanks for the early Xmas present! ^_^
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 4:08 PM
I love it, thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 5:27 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 1:20 AM
This was my most frequently-used desk in my prior game, but after starting from scratch, reinstalling the game from disk + adding M&G for the first time (via Fun with Pets), this sweet little desk isn't showing up in my catalog now in either of my two neighborhoods, no matter what I do. The Ambitious Chair is showing in my new game's catalog; I've paired it with Michelle's Counterfeet Desk in several homes. I'm not sure if this helps, but I ran the GUID Scanner in SimPE, and no conflicts turned up (0x008F709A, 0x008F709B for the desk). I then tested it by removing my entire Downloads folder, and replacing it with one that had nothing in it but the Ambitious Chair and the Ambitious Desk. The chair was in the catalog, but not the desk. Does this mean there's a GUID conflict between the desk and something in Fun with Pets/M&G? (Sorry, after years of playing, I'm still don't know these things very well.) I'm stumped! Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
Theorist
#7 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 9:04 AM
@tancred - Sorry it has taken so long to reply, I have been playing around with the desk and chair in game and can not find a problem. I also have Pets and M&G and can find no problems. I have heard of people with Windows 10 having problems with CC, if the file name is too long. The only thing I can suggest is you shorten the file name, to something like AmbitiousDesk and see if that works. Let me know how you get on please, if that does not work the only other thing I can think of would be remaking the desk for you.
I have just taken screenshots of the desk in my game and the games I have installed (see below).
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd May 2019 at 5:33 AM
Hi Michelle, thanks for your response! I shortened the filename to simply "Desk", moved it to the top level of my Downloads folder (i.e., not in a subfolder), deleted both cache files just because, and still no luck. Please don't trouble yourself with creating a new file for me, I'll keep using your CounterFeet desk. I'm chalking this up to "unexplainable things that sometimes randomly happen" with the game. Somehow my new setup and the desk file don't agree. That's the only glitch I've identified so far, which I think is doing pretty well, given the problems I've seen others report with Win10. Again, thanks so much for your help!
Theorist
#9 Old 4th May 2019 at 4:37 AM
@tancred - Sorry hun, I couldn't leave it alone, it has been bugging me. If you don't mind I have 2 copies for you to try. 1 recloned using the SAME GUID and 1 recloned using a NEW GUID. Both are clearly named and they have not been compressed. Hopefully one of them will work for you.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ReclonedAmbitiousOneTileDesk-BySimFused(Michelle).zip (944.8 KB, 13 downloads)

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th May 2019 at 4:25 AM
Hi Michelle, I'm delighted to report that, after testing each separately, both files do show up in my game! Whatever magic you did with the "OLD GUID" file solved the issue. I had redownloaded the desk a couple of times before posting above, but it hadn't worked. But now it does! So sweet of you to resolve this! Thank you so very much!
Theorist
#11 Old 6th May 2019 at 6:39 AM
@tancred - a little secret, I've a friend that got a new computer and now she can't get some compressed objects to work in her game, so I just recloned it but didn't compress it. Happy to hear it worked, don't know what I would have done next if it didn't.