Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#18226 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 5:28 PM
A shopping district subhood or downtown is just an expansion of the main hood. No changes occur to the sims. They can visit each other, and in fact if you have Strangetown as a subhood of Riverblossom Hills, without a LocalWalkby Mod, they can just casually stroll by homes that are obviously miles away from each other.

Don't worry, so many people on here wouldn't have subhoods if they broke the neighborhood or split up families!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#18227 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
How do subhoods actually work? Will the sims living there still be able to talk to the ones who live in the main neighborhood via a phone or an internet chat? Will the family trees still stay the same? Will the main hood sims come to subhood lots? I'm just worried that one day I will run out of space on my main, but I don't want to start a new one, because I got attached.

Sims in Different subhoods and in the main can all talk to each other via phone or chat, family trees are not affected, main hood sims will come to subhood lots.

I have a Strangetown Main, with Bluewater Village, Pleasantview, Veronaville, Riverblossom Hills, Sedona, and Widespot RFD as Shopping subhoods, and Downtown as my downtown 'hood. Everything works fine. I have Sims living in each part of my Ãœberhood.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#18228 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 6:37 PM
@marka93 created, I'm pairing it with the Haunted challenge.
@Pideli thx, do you have a link? Will look into it.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Eight sims in a household? Lots of ways to play that.
Four of them are a band. The other four are their significant others. Nobody has a day job - the whole house hustles for a living. On a set schedule, band members move out to "go on tour," leaving the SOs to handle things.
Seven recruits, one Training Instructor, everyone's in a military job, strict rules about doing everything as a unit.

Might consider those. I like these ideas.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#18229 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 7:48 PM
I vaguely remember a fix for this bug but does anyone know of a fix for the burglar tip toeing when he's not burgling houses? Gordon King showed up in my community lot tip toeing around instead of walking normally..
Test Subject
#18230 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 9:26 PM
Do witches appear on uni community lots?
Mad Poster
#18231 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 9:41 PM
Yes. Fairly often, actually.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#18232 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 9:49 PM
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll place a lot of visitor controllers!
Theorist
#18233 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2much
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll place a lot of visitor controllers!

@Sims2much or you can try No NPC Witches on Community Lots

I have this and have never seen a witch show up.
Mad Poster
#18234 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 10:31 PM
Does anyone have a clue which social interaction is from which (expansion pack) ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#18235 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
@Sims2much or you can try No NPC Witches on Community Lots

I have this and have never seen a witch show up.

Thanks, will check it out.
Lab Assistant
#18236 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM
Thanks for help!
Also, I hope this question isn't too stupid or vague, but I thought this would be a good place to ask -
Is there a way to prettify the game? I have a lot of CC and use things such as skyboxes, but I was wondering if there was anything MORE I could add to make the graphics look more realistic, or something like that.
Here's a screenshot of a remade Bespoke house. What lighting mods would you recommend to make this look a bit prettier?
Screenshots
Inventor
#18237 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:15 AM Last edited by Primavera : 24th Mar 2019 at 8:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I'll be on the lookout too! Hopefully a Google search with turn up something.

EDIT: @Rosebine I found it! This is definitely the tutorial I read that worked the first time, so now I'm gonna try again now that I'm fully rested

Replying to myself because it didn't work. I'm at a loss, this worked the first time so I'm not sure what went wrong here, *sigh* . I'll have to retry in the daylight, I've been up for the past 24 hours so there may have been something obvious I've missed

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#18238 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:45 AM
Oh..well yes. Sleep on it!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#18239 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 10:18 AM
Thanks for help!
Also, I hope this question isn't too stupid or vague, but I thought this would be a good place to ask -
Is there a way to prettify the game? I have a lot of CC and use things such as skyboxes, but I was wondering if there was anything MORE I could add to make the graphics look more realistic, or something like that.
Here's a screenshot of a remade Bespoke house. What lighting mods would you recommend to make this look a bit prettier?

I recommend this lightning mod.
Forum Resident
#18240 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 6:15 PM
I'm so frustrated with this stupidly junior question - how in the seven hells do I get accessory scarves to be outerwear only? I'm so sick of my sims wearing handbags and scarves ALL THE TIME. To bed. To the shower. While gardening. OMG. I know I read somewhere that you could rebin them and have them only show up in specific categories but I can't remember where or how and I'm SCREAMING. UGH.
Mad Poster
#18241 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 6:42 PM
@terula8
Mesh overlay, Category, set it to 1000.

This will make it only available for Outerwear.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#18242 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
@terula8
Mesh overlay, Category, set it to 1000.

This will make it only available for Outerwear.

Just keep in mind that if you set it to 1000, you won't be able to access the accessory unless the sim is actually wearing outerwear when you open "change appearance" through a mirror or a mod.

I'm not entirely sure if these recategorized accessories are available in CAS. I don't think so, but it could b they follow the same rules as the Change Appearance window (sims has to be wearing the proper category of clothes for them to show under accessories).

This goes for anything that isn't also set as everyday (0x00000007 + whatever other category/ies).

It's also possible to set the accessories as jewelry, but that has its own annoyances.
Mad Poster
#18243 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:33 PM
This is the setting of my own wool cardigan acc I made for my male sim children.
It only appears in Outerwear. In CAS, you can select it (glasses) regardless of the clothing category you are currently in, but it won't appear if not Outerwear. See pic 1.
But as soon as you choose your Outerwear outfit, it shows up. see pic 2
Yes, in game/Change appearance, you must be in Outerwear to choose the acc, it won't be available if your sim is in undies for instance..because well, glasses aren't available for undies, and my acc. is cloned from them
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#18244 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:10 PM
Thanks for help!

I would also recommend turning up your smooth edges along with the lighting mod that Anhaeyn had suggested
Lab Assistant
#18245 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Segfred
I would also recommend turning up your smooth edges along with the lighting mod that Anhaeyn had suggested

The option is greyed out. Is it because my graphics card is too weak?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18246 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 11:13 PM
The option is greyed out. Is it because my graphics card is too weak?

Do you have the 4 gb patch and graphic rules done? What's your graphic card?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#18247 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 11:21 PM
THANK YOU @Rosebine and @Simmer22!

You guys are wonderful. I was going to bin the scarves as jewelry, but I think I'll try both ways - that way and Rosebine's way and see what I like better. You rock!
Mad Poster
#18248 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 11:32 PM
You are welcome! Please, let us know how it went!

Field Researcher
#18249 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have the 4 gb patch and graphic rules done? What's your graphic card?

I have tried to do this, but have gotten too confused. I'm really not technically savvy. Are there any really simple, written step by step instructions? (I find with the videos I've seen that they still aren't simple enough)
Mad Poster
#18250 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 1:21 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Mar 2019 at 1:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yes, in game/Change appearance, you must be in Outerwear to choose the acc, it won't be available if your sim is in undies for instance..because well, glasses aren't available for undies, and my acc. is cloned from them

The nice thing about accessories (and clothes) is that you can enable them to show up in the categories you want them to show for, regardless of which outfit you cloned them from or recolored.

You can also make several accessories show up at the same time on the same sim by changing the "bin" number. I've got a system for my accessories that makes similar accessories mutually exclusive, but at the same time work with other accessories - there's one number for hats/bows, one for glasses, one for face masks/pacifiers, one for each hand, etc., and if I need two to show up in roughly the same spot but want them to show up together, I just make a new number and put it in my list with a description of what it does). This means that if I click through ten different hats, only one will show on the sim - but the sim can still wear a scarf and a handbag.

Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
I have tried to do this, but have gotten too confused. I'm really not technically savvy. Are there any really simple, written step by step instructions? (I find with the videos I've seen that they still aren't simple enough)

The 4GB patch is very easy to apply --> https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371
- Download the patch file and save it somewhere you can find it
- Right-click your game shortcut, and choose "Open file placement" (should open up the ".../TSBin" folder)
- Copy the "Sims2EP9" file (or EXE for latest EP, which is M&G for most people and for UC users) to a folder.
(You may want to have a backup file just in case, so make a folder inside that folder and copy the "Sims2EP9" file into it, so you end up with two copies).
- Right-click the file you want to change, untick all compability modes (yes, even "run as admin").
- Open the 4GB program. Find the file, and click the "ok" button. The program does everything for you.
- Move the changed file into the "TSBin" folder. You'll get a prompt, click on the "overwrite" option.
- Run the game. When you close back down your game, open the "...PC-config-log" file (name may vary depending on your PC's name), and see if the "Memory" and "Free memory" lines are over 4000 MB (4096, I think?). If they are, the 4GB hack was added successfully.

This mainly helps solving running issues and pink-flashing, which was an issue with Vista, may or may not be a problem for Win7, was a problem again in Win8, and is a big problem in Win10, because of the various ways they handle memory/RAM useage. TS2 was built to work with XP, which handled memory differently and therefore didn't give you the pink-flashing (my first laptop had XP with 512 MB memory, and managed TS2 better than what you'd think - but I often got the "virtual memory" prompt when playing with my usual ton of CC).

(Realized just now that my old Win7 laptop never had the 4GB hack applied, because it says 1024 MB memory - but it's Windows 7, running as admin but no other comp modes, and I never had issues with pink-flashing. Did have issues with the graphics card playing hide-and-seek occasionally, but that's another issue.
Page 730 of 1345