Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7626 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 8:35 AM
There is? I don't think I have even one Ivy Copur. XD
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7627 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 10:01 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 21st Mar 2019 at 10:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Alternate universes.
Anyway, there's two Ivy Copurs, and that doesn't confuse you...

I started out playing Strangetown, because well I have this thing about Aliens....I think they are wonderfully Amusing, to me the whole Alien Thing is a tremendous SF Joke that it is endlessly funny. Anyway I later decide to make my Original Strangetown into an Ãœberhood by adding Cleaned versions of Pleasantview, Veronaville, and Riverblossom Hills as Shopping Neighborhoods. BTW I also added Sedona and Widespot RFD as Shopping Neighborhoods, partly due to that fact that they both have Aliens.

So of course I have Bella Goth that lives in Strangetown and Bella Goth that lives in Pleasantview, this might be a problem for some people.

Me I handled it by deciding that Aliens had cloned Bella Goth and returned one of the Bellas to Pleasantview and dumped the other Bella off in Strangetown, presumably the Aliens experimented on the Bella that they had before dumping her off in Strangetown. Naturally the Aliens are being Secretive and they are not revealing anything about their Undoutablly Black Op that had Abducted Bella in the first place, they don't even admit that Bella was Abducted. No Information at all, not even "we neither confirm nor deny", just Silence.

Previously I had Bella Goth get married to another Sim {not one of my Aliens} and I had him take her last name, so when I ended up with two Bellas, I used the Sim Blender and changed both hers and his and their offsprings last names to O'Connor. When I first started playing My Strangetown version of Bella I decided to make her a Fortune Sim, because at the time I did not play Romance Sims...Retcon now I say that this change was due to Aliens experiementing on her and that she had lost her memory and her Aspiration and Life Time want changed due to the Aliens and their Experiments. Also I had Bella in Strangetown start 5 Businesses that she still owns and operates {I love OFB} and so I kept that about her, no need to change that part. So really the only I did with Strangetown Bella is I changed Bella's Surname and added some story line stuff.

With Bella Goth {Romance Sim, because I now play Romance Sims...since I have added a No Jealousy Mod for one thing} in Pleasantview I left her as a Townie.

Because I decided that Mortimer had Divorced her after she was gone for an extended period of time with no explanation. Of course this was because the Aliens had kept her with them for a few years before dumping her back in Pleasantview, but Mortimer didn't know this and he figured that Bella had left him as they weren't getting along that well. Bella had plenty of time to think while she was with the Aliens and she realized that she just didn't want to be with Mortimer anymore due to not being all that compatiable with him.

So Bella Goth was single and living on her own until just a couple of days ago when I had her get Married to a born in the Game Sim that she had met while he was going to Académie Le Tour. My born in the game Sim is a son of Shiela Deadbones {Shiela is a CAS Sim that I did modeled after the Console version of The Sims 2, by the same name, also Shiela is a Romance Sim} and my born in the game Sim has his mom's last name. Bella took his last name when she got married. Also she dresses different...more sexy in some ways.

So now I have a Bella O'Connor and a Bella X Deadbones, they might look very much alike, but they have different Aspirations and they wear different outfits. Their hair is the same I think, but they have different friends and they live in different areas...Bella X Deadbones moved to Strangetown and Bella O'Connor lives in Bluewater Village.

I like how I dealt with the issue, it does not bother me to have two Bellas in my game. I just wanted to share, I hope that you enjoyed reading what I wrote.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Theorist
#7628 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Someone mention making a Game of Thrones Hood. Now, I want to forget my plans for my current hood and make a GOT hood. However, I think it would be too time-consuming for me. It would take me months, just to build 1 castle.

Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
that was me c:

yep, I'm blanking on the castles...I've asked over at the Wishing Tree, and I'm actually hoping that someone has made the castles already in 2. I know I've seen them in 3/4.

This whole thing kinda makes me want to create a Neighbourhood based on an Alternative Universe Game of Thrones where instead of Medieval Lords and Ladies, they are business CEOs and socialites
Manors and Mansions are a little bit easier to build and/or find

Probably could use my expanded Goth manor for the Starks and my refurbished Monty/Landbgraab hazienda for the Martells.....

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7629 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There is? I don't think I have even one Ivy Copur. XD

There's 3 (apparently). Really messes with me because I like to have all my sims in my megahood with unique names - I never even use the same first name twice. The 'extra Bella' in Strangetown was renamed Isabella Gough (though she eventually married into the Goth family, and became Isabella Goth. Confusing.) so I might do something like that with my Ivy's. For now though, Adult Ivy is a grave outside the Broke household, due to a fire. When I resurrect her, maybe I'll rename one Iris and the other Irene, seeing as those seem to be their names in other language installments of the game.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#7630 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 5:28 PM
I've never seen Sim State Ivy. Just as well, because I've sent Teen Ivy to college after her "aunt," Adult Ivy, married a playable. Two YA Ivy Copurs might have been confusing, if they looked too much alike. But they might not - Townie Jill Smith could never be confused with Playable Jill Smith, even when they're both in the same age-group.
Mad Poster
#7631 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 5:55 PM
Perhaps I was unclear. I don't have three Betty Newbies in one game. But, I have three active hoods and she, or any other character, may appear in each. So, for example, in one hood she might work in the medical field and have two grown children while in another she might run a boarding house with Bob and their two daughters. In the third Bob might have passed on, leaving her a widow with one small child.

Also, my neighborhoods tend to have magical elements and/or evil Councils that move people around at random. If, again using the Newbies, I open their home to discover Bob mysteriously gone, I have a spreadsheet to tell me where he lives now.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#7632 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 6:13 PM
When I start a new hood and get the 2 Ivy's I'll generally take the teen one and rename. She goes from bein Ivy Couper to Ivory Cooper. As for the Strangetown Bella Goth I renamed her as well to Belinda Gathe. There are also the male teen and child that share a first name with different last names and I'll change one of them. Oh yeah, and Brandi LeTourneau gets her name altered too from Brandi with an I to Brandy with a Y, that way when I use items that just give first names I can tell which Brandi I'm choosin.

I think there is also 2 Marylena Hamiltons, one is a townie and the other is some NPC.
Forum Resident
#7633 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
When I start a new hood and get the 2 Ivy's I'll generally take the teen one and rename. She goes from bein Ivy Couper to Ivory Cooper. As for the Strangetown Bella Goth I renamed her as well to Belinda Gathe. There are also the male teen and child that share a first name with different last names and I'll change one of them. Oh yeah, and Brandi LeTourneau gets her name altered too from Brandi with an I to Brandy with a Y, that way when I use items that just give first names I can tell which Brandi I'm choosin.

I think there is also 2 Marylena Hamiltons, one is a townie and the other is some NPC.

I do this too!

I had Marylena and Marylisa, or Marilana, and I've renamed the 'not Bella Goth' to Isabella Goethe before lol. Usually, as long as their surnames are different, I sometimes let duplicate named townies keep their same first names since in real life people do occasionally have the same name, especially if it's a common one like Kate or Sarah.

To Smorbie's point, I usually use the bin sims in every hood, and I simply pretend that they've moved from the last hood, and gone back in time, and aren't quite the same selves because parallel certainties.

Sometimes the Picasso's never have a child, sometimes they have several. Sometimes Goodies don't end up adopting the Newsons, sometimes they do. Somtimes the Ottomai end up with three more children, other times just the twins are born before Samantha ages up. It's all theoretically linear, just alternate realities
Alchemist
#7634 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Perhaps I was unclear. I don't have three Betty Newbies in one game. But, I have three active hoods and she, or any other character, may appear in each. So, for example, in one hood she might work in the medical field and have two grown children while in another she might run a boarding house with Bob and their two daughters. In the third Bob might have passed on, leaving her a widow with one small child.

Quote: Originally posted by terula8
To Smorbie's point, I usually use the bin sims in every hood, and I simply pretend that they've moved from the last hood, and gone back in time, and aren't quite the same selves because parallel certainties.

Sometimes the Picasso's never have a child, sometimes they have several. Sometimes Goodies don't end up adopting the Newsons, sometimes they do. Somtimes the Ottomai end up with three more children, other times just the twins are born before Samantha ages up.

I do this, too. It doesn't bother me at all. I like to play with sims I know well and not age them and keep them for years, so it makes sense to me. I think of them as different points in time or alternate realities or magic or whatever fits. My Sims live in their own universe, anyway, with different biology, concerns, attitudes, whatever, so my rules are whatever makes me feel immersed in the story. I spent a lot of time once coming up with a way to make the story work with a clone I needed so it felt right to me and I've been known to totally change a whole family and story to take into account a stray I liked. As for rules, I'm with the "what rules?" crowd. Too many challenge rules will get nixed quickly and spreadsheets is way too much work for me. I do love to export all the data from SimPE into a rufio file and peruse it looking for patterns, but that is not data entry, which, to me, seems... just yuck. I do enjoy updating all the bios and lot descriptors and changing career chance cards and such to fit my stories, so that's enough record keeping for me. I figure if I've forgotten it, it's not important. I do admire people who are streaming and such for the work they do to stay consistent for their audiences. I've done that sort of work in my writing, irl, but I don't think I'd enjoy it enough to do it for sims. Good on em, I say.
Field Researcher
#7635 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 11:14 PM
Why does this actor look like a TS2 sim to me?

Top Secret Researcher
#7636 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 12:41 AM
I think the ts2 female body was modeled after Monica in Friends.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Instructor
#7637 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 3:11 PM
I don't have the patience for neighborhood decorating.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Test Subject
#7638 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 3:45 PM
I'm the opposite with Maxis premades. For some reason, I love reading about them but have no interest in playing them! My hood is full of handmade simmies with a few townies to ugly-up the gene pool when needed!

Speaking of, I would love to have the original Pleasantville townies in my custom hood but I didn't think of that beforehand and they're all generated. They do have the original maxis face templates though, so that's something! And quite a few of the social group townies have made it into the gene pool too, since they're the same in every neighbourhood.

@monijt1 I don't have a heck of a lot of patience for neighbourhood decoration either. Some of the landscapes I see on here amaze me! But I do plop down a few of the good old Joshua Trees when needed!
Mad Poster
#7639 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by citybeyond
And quite a few of the social group townies have made it into the gene pool too, since they're the same in every neighbourhood.

They don't have to be the same in every neighborhood. If you want random Social Groupies, use Jawusa's stealth template for AL.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/520751...-templates.html

(Having the same townies, etc. in each and every neighborhood used to drive me crazy. Thank heaven for clean stealth templates!)
Scholar
#7640 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 9:56 PM
I don't know what it is but but it's very annoying. As I don't see it as a major problem I don't post under "Help" and as I do not intend to post a question I do not post under "Stupid random questions". I'm just interested to see if anyone else have seen this...

Anyway, I have a building in my hoods downtown area that have 4 apartments. It was shipped whit the game and therefor borked by default. In apartment 1 lives a female named Lea Platten and her friend Teasy. They are not a couple or anything, they ar just friends. In apartment 2 and 3 lives single male sims and in the last apartment lives a single male who Teasy likes. But the thing is that Lea hates him more then anything in her world. As I was playing one of the other apartments I did notice Lea fighting this male from apartment 4 X number of times. They did began around 2 in the morning and then fight continuously until noon when I directed my sim to call for her. At that time Lea had been taking no care of her needs at all, she had peed herself, was stinking and have not been home at all. All she did was fighting this man! And she do not go home at all, sje walks around outside untill she passes out. But when I play Lea she acts normal. I don't get it and therefor chose to rest my case here and now. But do things like this happen in your games?
Mad Poster
#7641 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 10:30 PM
@Mrmo
Things like this happens in my game too, if by things like that you meant : exaggerated known behaviors of sims, while not played with, in apartments
Lea hates this guy when you play her. So when not playable, she will act upon that.
All my couples are in love with each other, or about to be. Their relationship is high and they get along very well.
When not playable, all they ever do is hug each other, kiss, serenade etc...
Again, my families with children usually have great relationship with everyone in the household...
When not played with, kids play together, parents swing them around, tell jokes etc.
So according to me, it is relationship based.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7642 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ-y9yODr2E (For footage of pre-release thread)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#7643 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 4:45 PM Last edited by HarVee : 24th Mar 2019 at 4:56 PM.
Neighborhood decorating is one of my favourite things to do in TS2. Sometimes I'll just create a neighborhood only so I can decorate it and then never play it.

Quote: Originally posted by Giga

I'm gonna guess and say it's the thin rectangular head.

He looks like Don Lothario 21st century makeover to me.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#7644 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Neighborhood decorating is one of my favourite things to do in TS2. Sometimes I'll just create a neighborhood only so I can decorate it and then never play it.

You should decorate @monijt1 's

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#7645 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:07 PM

Aw, I feel similarly. I love seeing the neighborhood start out with a few houses, and then slowly build up to an actual town-like place. Usually I would make up stories based on the decorations used, so it just feels like everything fits together into a real community.
Mad Poster
#7646 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 12:29 AM Last edited by HarVee : 25th Mar 2019 at 12:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
You should decorate @monijt1 's

I'd actually be willing to decorate peoples 'hoods for them. All they'd have to do is give me a theme and vibe. But I tend to use a lot of custom nhood deco though. Because lets face it, Maxis deco is so limited. Not a fence in sight.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#7647 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga

What type of skins are you playing with
Alchemist
#7648 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:23 AM
I'm actually starting to like Simblrs. There's just so much amazing content, so many creative people. I'm still totally confused by even simple tasks on Tumblr that aren't intuitive at all for me. But I genuinely love all the great finds for Sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#7649 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 3:00 AM
I'd actually be willing to decorate peoples 'hoods for them. All they'd have to do is give me a theme and vibe. But I tend to use a lot of custom nhood deco though. Because lets face it, Maxis deco is so limited. Not a fence in sight.

I'd love to know where you get it all. I can never seem to find anything good.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7650 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 1:43 AM
I love that moment when you're sure the game won't route Sim pathways correctly through a very tight space, and so you create a test lot and it works perfectly the first time, so you don't have to change anything!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 306 of 516