Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 4:30 AM
Default Chicken Coup In The Store!?!?!?!
See it's stuff like that they should've put in the actual game. I was going trough some of the store stuff I have refused to buy over the years and found some pretty awesome items. They are the things that could've given TS3 the personality it deserved. Now don't get me wrong, I can't help but love the game, but seriously it was kinda dull.

Now the one item that I had to get was that chicken coup. OMG it is the most amusing thing, and I feel like they should've included it in the Pets EP or something because that is the kind of item everyone should have. Why is it so awesome you say? Well first of all who doesn't want a chicken coup in their back yard? Am I rite? Like seriously me and the momma are always dreamin of the days when we can have a chicken coup. But for real guys it's freakin awesome. Secondly there is an interaction where you can Argue with Charles the Evil Chicken. CHARLES THE EVIL FUCKING CHICKEN! See that single-handily made my day. Not only does he make ridiculous chicken noises, but he has glowing eyes, AND if you argue with him you will then get a chance to fist fight with him. You can beat up Charles the Evil Chicken. Like seriously!

I may be just really tired and slap happy though. This might not actually be as awesome as I'm making it out to be. Who knows lol

There are many other store items I saw that would be a great addition to the games, but why do they have to hide them in the store? I'd rather not pay an additional pile of money to the hundreds of dollars I spent on Expansion Packs. Put that crap in the EP's for goodness sake! Sure sell furniture in the store, but don't leave out kick-ass items like the chicken coup. I would not have even known it existed if I wasn't boredly browsing the store. Do you know how much more awesome the game would be had all of the cool things like the cow plant, hypnotizing thing, and the chicken coup been included?

just sayin' take it from a girl that's been simmin her whole life.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 7:21 AM
Are you trolling, or serious? Can't tell. My brain is a bit fuzzy right now since I got home from work.

On the off chance you are being serious, the coop (correct spelling) is old news. We've gotten a milkable cow and a tractor set since then. The only thing I don't like about the chicken is you can't play Chicken Checkers with it, like the Sims 2 console (seriously, THAT chicken could play.)

And on the chance that you're just trolling, awesome post!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 7:28 AM
Aw, I don't think she's trolling, just excited. I wish the chicken coop were in maybe Pets or a farm stuff SP (could've done the hay rides, the cows, the chicken coop, a few more overalls-type outfits, and maybe a couple more harvestable crops like corn or something?) but either way I think it's pretty awesome. And Charles the Evil Chicken is pretty sweet.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 8:05 AM
We discussed the sets from the store in this thread: http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=496567. I believe the chicken coop starts in page 40 or so. Anyway, I enjoy the chicken coop set and yes, it would have been nice to have a farming EP. My sims use the chicken coop, along with harvesting honey and gardening as income, they make a good living from it. Some of my sims don't get jobs because I give them the LTW of Renaissance Sims so they don't have to get a job in order to fulfill the wishes.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
On the off chance you are being serious, the coop (correct spelling)

ah yes spelling has never been my forte AND no not trolling, I had spent all day simming, was a little slap happy, and felt like the world needed to know about charles the evil chicken

Seriously though I was scream laughing when my sim got into a fist fight with him. It wasn't pretty lol
Inventor
#6 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 7:16 PM
A chicken Coup? Oh dear, we better protect those chickens just in case something unruly breaks out. Don't want another Morsi incident.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ericapoe
See it's stuff like that they should've put in the actual game. [...]
just sayin' take it from a girl that's been simmin her whole life.

It took me quite a while to realise you were talking about a chicken coup and not about chicken SOUP. Oops. It did not make sense at all, believe me.

On a more serious note, I'm still waiting for that farming EP/SP, so yeah, I'm not too happy about this.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 6:27 PM
Alrighty y'all:

coop n. 1) a cage or pen for confining poultry.
coup (pronounced coo) n. 1) (also coup d'état) a sudden, violent seizure of power from the government. 2) an unexpected and notably successful act.
soup n. 1) what are you I don't even.

That concludes your learning for the day!

(I think chickens would do a much better job of running the Store than EA do. Viva la revolucion!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 6:54 PM
ITT: The official Sims 3 forum is leaking (again) + grammar Nazis
Alchemist
#10 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
ITT: The official Sims 3 forum is leaking (again) + grammar Nazis

I think Walmart has a product that could contain the leakage, but I'm not sure if Poise pads are Nazi-proof.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 8:10 AM
I'm waiting on a farming compilation before I buy anymore.