Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#9051 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:57 PM
Choose the baby's gender. I know the reload trick, but something more convenient would be nice. Trying to do an all-female hood this way is hard.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9052 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gazelove
Choose the baby's gender. I know the reload trick, but something more convenient would be nice. Trying to do an all-female hood this way is hard.

It's 50/50, until you want a specific gender. Then it's 99/1.

I pity those trying to get twins of specific genders.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9053 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 5:38 AM
Something that would have lights appear on within buildings in Neighborhood View at night... it looks like SimCity's been dealing with a power failure for way too long now...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#9054 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 8:16 PM
about gender of pregnancies; self-pregnancies I take to be the main way to guarantee the gender. only other Sims2 way would be if the father is unlinked; like the starting state of Brandi Broke's pregnancy.

slightly related::
be able to control the number of plantsims when they do their spawning self-interaction.
Field Researcher
#9055 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 8:49 PM
I want a hack where I can choose pronouns for the sim, which restroom door they go into, and what uniform they wear to work (or maybe just a hack for completely gender neutral work clothes). I just want the game to be easier to play trans characters.
Top Secret Researcher
#9056 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:06 PM
Something, some way, somehow, to make it easier to page through the dozens of bedspreads I've downloaded.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Alchemist
#9057 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:08 PM
I'd like to have larger, more clear CAS thumbnails. For examples, why do eyebrow thumbnails show the entire face, and not just a picture of the eyebrow region?
Test Subject
#9058 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:11 PM
In the same vein, I'd like larger thumnails in buy mode and build mode as well. I have a huge ass screen, why do I need to squint all the time?
Mad Poster
#9059 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyleSnake
I want a hack where I can choose pronouns for the sim, which restroom door they go into, and what uniform they wear to work (or maybe just a hack for completely gender neutral work clothes). I just want the game to be easier to play trans characters.

I've never tried it, but wouldn't checking the little "treat as male/female" buttons in SimPE change a sim's pronouns? I think it's supposed to let them walk through the gender specific doors (but again, I haven't tried it). Work uniforms can be avoided the same way people do for Medieval Hoods; I believe there's a way to disable work clothes entirely so sims just go to work in their regular clothes.
Lab Assistant
#9060 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:46 PM Last edited by Radium : 13th Oct 2018 at 9:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I've never tried it, but wouldn't checking the little "treat as male/female" buttons in SimPE change a sim's pronouns? I think it's supposed to let them walk through the gender specific doors (but again, I haven't tried it). Work uniforms can be avoided the same way people do for Medieval Hoods; I believe there's a way to disable work clothes entirely so sims just go to work in their regular clothes.

The "treat as" option should work, and has the added benefit of fixing who's attracted to that sim (i.e. so trans women won't attract gay men/straight women, and your trans men won't attract lesbians/straight men). It also changes whether your sim can get pregnant vs impregnate others, but that can be changed independently of the other gender flag stuff with my Reproductive Capabilities Configurer. Although, I bet I could add an ingame option for changing the gender flag to the mod's controller... Thanks for the idea!

Edit: Done! The link above now goes to the new version of the mod.

I also definitely remember there being a mod to disable uniforms entirely. Considering all the mesh converting that'd be required to give every sim at every level of every career two uniform options without weird neck gaps, even without considering the modding required to make the game actually use both uniforms I'd probably recommend either replacing or disabling uniforms instead.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Alchemist
#9061 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I'd like to have larger, more clear CAS thumbnails. For examples, why do eyebrow thumbnails show the entire face, and not just a picture of the eyebrow region?

Too true! When I'm trying to give a sim piercings, I can barely even see what and where the piercing is!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9062 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 5th Oct 2018 at 12:23 PM.
The UI elements, including the thumbnails, stay at a fixed size even when the game runs at different resolutions. (If you're in fullscreen, it'll look larger on the smaller resolutions, but pixel-wise it's the same.) The game was probably never expected to run at the high resolutions that newer computers are capable of. This is one of the things that didn't age well at all.

This isn't the first time that Maxis has done stuff like this. SimCopter and Streets of SimCity is very difficult to run on modern computers. The game ran its internal timers by tying them directly to the CPU clock speed. Very common practice in old games. So on modern machines, it runs far, far, far too fast. And crashes a bunch because it's not meant to run at such high speeds. There's ways around this by limiting how much CPU power it can use, thankfully.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#9063 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Something that would have lights appear on within buildings in Neighborhood View at night... it looks like SimCity's been dealing with a power failure for way too long now...

@Zarathustra - that DOES exist somewhere... It's on a Simblr, somewhere... if memory serves me. Gosh! I just cant remember where I saw it. Maybe criquette's Simblr? I'll have to look around, and if i find it again, I'll update the link for you. But I know i've come across it! ...and lost it. ...then found it again and said, "I've gotta bookmark this so i don't lose it again!" ...and then forgot (see below) and lost it. =(

I'll do my best!

[EDIT:] AAAAh! My memory is better than i expected!! http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com/
An elephant never forgets!!

-gE
>=)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9064 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 11:23 PM
Just be careful, that mod causes pink flashing for some of us. You might want to try it in a test folder first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#9065 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Radium : 13th Oct 2018 at 9:33 PM.
If we're talking light-up neighborhood deco buildings, I default-replaced maxis's buildings to light up here.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Field Researcher
#9066 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Considering all the mesh converting that'd be required to give every sim at every level of every career two uniform options without weird neck gaps, even without considering the modding required to make the game actually use both uniforms I'd probably recommend either replacing or disabling uniforms instead.

I never knew there were mods to disable uniforms... That's a great idea.

and thank you so much for the other mod, too!
Field Researcher
#9067 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just be careful, that mod causes pink flashing for some of us. You might want to try it in a test folder first.

If criquette's lights cause pink flashing, you probably need the Better Nightlife mod that criquette made.
Mad Poster
#9068 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:17 PM
Something that enables the disabled dorm tools (collections, eyedropper, and sledgehammer) in dorms without having to insert a cheat every time.

And on the topic above, a larger UI. Ideally, it'd scale with the resolution, but I suspect even simply increasing it by a fixed amount might be outside the bounds of modders.

Lab Assistant
#9069 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 5:22 PM
I'm playing with risky woohoo and quiet pregnancy, so I like being surprised. That said, I would like a hack, which doesn't hide the Try For Baby option, when the sim is actually pregnant. If the sim is already pregnant this Try For Baby interaction would be basically just like the Woohoo option. It would create a lot of more fun to me, because I have some female romance sims, who have multiple woohoo partners and with a mod like that I would always be excited to figure out, who the father of the baby is.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9070 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 6:09 PM
There is a mod that hides the Try for Baby altogether but I guess that's not as much fun as trying for a baby with multiple partners.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#9071 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
There is a mod that hides the Try for Baby altogether but I guess that's not as much fun as trying for a baby with multiple partners.

Yeah, I know that mod. That mod wouldn't be an option for me because of my family sims. I know I could always take that mod out and then in again, when I need it, but that would make things too complicated, since I like playing in a more sponaneos way. Thanks, anyway
Alchemist
#9072 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 8:22 PM
rent-able things.
-movies
-games
-objects
-clothing; at least during weddings/birthdays/parties/celebrations
Mad Poster
#9073 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:24 PM
More cake recolors - for the birthday and wedding cakes. Also maybe a special toast interaction where a sim woman could do the Kim Kardashian with the bottle. It'd make for some interesting screenshots XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9074 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:34 PM
There are a few cakes around, I think have just about every one ever made. Those include 3 made for me some years back on a secret Santa. You can find those on Nixsims. They were for my medieval game but can still be used in a modern setting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9075 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:45 AM
MeetMe2TheRiver's Fixed Dead Pleasantview done like her Strangetown, with only the townies/NPCs that have pre-existing connections to the playables (Kaylynn and Bella).

Because when I string this many neighborhoods together, I don't really need any townies.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 363 of 576