Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#7676 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
Sims don't really care about any of the attraction stuff. With a high enough relationship they will agree to marry and will be perfectly happy, even if they started out with a negative bolt. I still feel bad though, making some of them marry when they like someone else a lot more. I have often changed the zodiac sign a few times to find one that would help boost their attraction to each other and it did help so something works with the zodiac code.

If you change the zodiac ( I assume you mean with Blender or InSim or something), does it change their personalities to match as it would if you chose that sign in CAS?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#7677 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
If you change the zodiac ( I assume you mean with Blender or InSim or something), does it change their personalities to match as it would if you chose that sign in CAS?

No, their personality will be the same.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7678 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:47 AM
You can also change personality and not zodiac as well. So if you want you can make yourself a 10 point nice Scorpio.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#7679 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can also change personality and not zodiac as well. So if you want you can make yourself a 10 point nice Scorpio.

Scorpios are nice
Mad Poster
#7680 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 5:59 AM
Of course Scorpio's are nice. (Which may be why every pixel male in my hood is currently interested in (just graduated) Charmaine Gieke, who is a Scorpio/Fortune Sim )
I am glad to have it confirmed that zodiac signs don't count - never thought they did in my hoods.
Mad Poster
#7681 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 6:40 AM
Flickering lights... Basically the option to set a light to constantly and irregularly switch on and off very quickly, as if it were damaged and shorting. Could do wonders for impoverished or apocalyptic settings.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
just a girl
#7682 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Flickering lights... Basically the option to set a light to constantly and irregularly switch on and off very quickly, as if it were damaged and shorting. Could do wonders for impoverished or apocalyptic settings.

Tried it and really wanted to make it work. Unfortunately, it sometimes leaves graphical artifacts (weird shadows on the ground). Otherwise looks cool, yeah.
Instructor
#7683 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:22 PM
i would like something like this so i don't have to click on the sims all the time (when clicking on the family tree's)

and if someone is making something like this for a hack call it: longer family trees
i have that idea on my mind for a little while now (i also put it by: stupid/random questions V4 but nobody can answer that i guess, so i thought i put my idea here )

edit: i stole this picture from google
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#7684 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:15 AM
Something to get rid of this.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7685 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:18 AM
That is due to it being one mesh. You can download CC stairs that don't do that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7686 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:41 AM
Mad Poster
#7687 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:44 AM
Unless it already exists somewhere and I haven't found it yet, a pile of books that can sit on a desk/table/counter and functions as an actual bookshelf. I have Numenor's invisible magazine rack but that sits on the floor.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7688 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:30 AM
I'd love a Mod to bring back the missing walk or fly to work interaction on sims crossing signs in apartments as that seems to have gotten broke in UC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7689 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Unless it already exists somewhere and I haven't found it yet, a pile of books that can sit on a desk/table/counter and functions as an actual bookshelf. I have Numenor's invisible magazine rack but that sits on the floor.

There are actually a good number around. Some of the ones I have need updating though.
Here is one thread on WCIF with some. http://modthesims.info/t/604578

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#7690 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 10:04 AM Last edited by Sketching : 7th Mar 2018 at 10:41 AM.
I have Squinge's Ask to Watch Kids enabled on residential lots, but I was wondering if it's possible to extend it to teens. Sometimes I have orphans with younger siblings and there are times when Teen needs to go to work yet he can't ask one of his older friends to help out. I also can't direct a teenage mother to have the teen father watch over their kid even though the father has no problem playing around with said offspring whenever he visits, nor can I have a teen ask their in-university sibling to watch their other siblings.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just my game or whatnot, but I don't seem to be able to ask a family member who doesn't reside in the same apartment building to babysit either, which doesn't make sense to me. I'd love for this to be a thing (or maybe I'm missing something?).

Nannies are too expensive for their incompetence.

Edit: I'd also be happy if there was an option to 'Ask to Hold Baby/Toddler' because I'm tired of sims, especially non-residents, just holding the baby when the tots obviously need something. Or at least that they'd give them over to me when I click on an action for the kid (Bathe, Put in Crib). It's a bit off that I have to initiate an action with the other sim to get them to drop the baby to the floor instead.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7691 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 10:34 AM
@Sketching The mod doesn't work in apartments since it uses the watch code from apartments. You have to ask one of the neighbours who live in the apartment complex to watch the kids.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#7692 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:19 PM
Oh, that's too bad. I was poking around and I couldn't figure it out. It'd be great if it was possible. Thanks, @joandsarah77.
Test Subject
#7693 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:28 PM
Oh, I know of a mod I'd really like to see, inspired by TS3:

Start a party at X PM, rather than when you place the phone call.
Mad Poster
#7694 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are actually a good number around. Some of the ones I have need updating though.
Here is one thread on WCIF with some. http://modthesims.info/t/604578

Surprised I didn't see that thread before. Thank you!

New idea: If a Sim is relaxing on a bed gets tired enough, they might just fall asleep without getting off the bed and then getting back under the covers. I don't know if this sort of thing would be possible with the available animations though.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7695 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:31 PM
I can't agree enough. Sometimes they will be relaxing in the evening and I'll think "oh, that's good. He can just doze off when he gets tired". Nope, 7 a.m. comes, he's still wagging his feet back and forth, so tired he will fall asleep if he stands up, but in the bed, nope.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#7696 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Surprised I didn't see that thread before. Thank you!

New idea: If a Sim is relaxing on a bed gets tired enough, they might just fall asleep without getting off the bed and then getting back under the covers. I don't know if this sort of thing would be possible with the available animations though.
The animations would definitely be an issue, since Sims contort like they're possessed when they're sleeping.
Top Secret Researcher
#7697 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:02 PM
The problem with open underneath stairs is, they're open underneath, and aesthetically I don't want that. I build a lot of houses just to look at.
What would also be good is a hack so sneaking out doesn't take the entire night. I had my first Sim in a long time sneak out not too long ago. He had to stay up til like 10 (his family went to bed at 7) just to make the call, then his cousin said she'd pick him up at 1am. 1am! So I had to keep him busy til then, and by the time he got back there was no time left to even think about sleeping.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7698 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:12 PM
Draw walls and use the stair window pieces to make it looked filled in, or use MLC's under stair storage. Either one looks a whole lot better than the maxis mesh.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#7699 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The animations would definitely be an issue, since Sims contort like they're possessed when they're sleeping.

Couldn't the animations for taking a nap on the couch be used?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7700 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:44 PM
I thought of the same thing - but then the Sim might end up sinking halfway through the mattress. I'm not really sure how they work, though.

Page 308 of 582