Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7651 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:35 PM
Simslice has fan cones too. To the booty with you!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Alchemist
#7652 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

I think the booty is currently down, though. I was looking for some simslice stuff earlier this week and couldn't connect and I can't access it now either.

ETA: Actually, same deal is going on with the graveyard. Anyone else having trouble or is it just me?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#7653 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I think the booty is currently down, though. I was looking for some simslice stuff earlier this week and couldn't connect and I can't access it now either.

ETA: Actually, same deal is going on with the graveyard. Anyone else having trouble or is it just me?

I have the same bug : no downloading on Graveyard, no charging on the booty.
However, the booty used to change URL time to time, maybe there's a new one ....

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
On driving: the options to have certain things happen to cars/drivers.
Flats-who hasn't had a flat first thing in the morning? Really sets up a day of hassle.
Speeding tickets: because you were late to work due to that flat tire, you got a speeding ticket for your haste.
Minor Fender Benders: And because you were so distracted by the speeding ticket you got for being so rushed, you didn't see that car backing out of 'your' parking space when you got to work. Oops.
Major car accidents: after a lousy day at work, where you were docked for your lateness, cited for your calling your insurance company on company time, you got mad enough to quit early and then on the way home the bad last thing happened. You totaled the car, made it out alive, but man, what a crummy day that was!
Or something like that.

I so agree with you ! However, I wouldn't add the last one "major car accident" as it makes me remember something I want to forget .... AND sims cars are so expensives !!!

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7654 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

Oh well, maybe it was Simslice not PCsims then. Simslice can't be used anyway it closed but looks open years ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#7655 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I haven't been able to connect to the Graveyard for the last few days either. I get a "connection refused" error message.
Inventor
#7656 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Maybe I just haven't seen it, but I'd like the option for teens to serve coffee as baristas on community lots. (Can they work as cooks tied to the University stove? I need to test that.)

Okay, so I checked it out and teens can't do either of the above, which I find strange because some of my peers worked in coffee shops and part-time cooks when we were teens. It'd be nice to have these as options since some of my teens aren't allowed to have carpool jobs and you can simulate them working in the rundown apartments they live in as well. I also noticed that the barista counter has tea bags, yet there isn't an option to serve tea. That'd be nice to see.

A few other things but they might've already been mentioned before anyway:
  1. I wonder why there isn't an option for an older sim to have a pillow fight or play tag with a child. I guess most older sims would win, though games aren't always just for winning but also for having fun with others, and it'd be great to have an older sim swoop down behind a child and carry them in jest.
  2. Toddler-enabled slide! Maybe the older ones can also ride with them.
  3. I find it somewhat amusing that kids can't play with toys dramatically. They can't carry a rocket and run around the room pretending to be chased by their sibling who has a horse toy in hand. I guess I can imagine that they do so while playing tag, but I'll jot this down just in case.
  4. Kicky-bag for children. I'd be happy if kids could play it with each other and older sims.
  5. Minor, but why can't older sims snuggle their fully-grown large dog? I also wish pets could randomly sleep on top of sims too and for dogs to come running and jumping on their owners when they come home.
  6. Options for sims to wake someone up and/or carry them to bed. Maybe it's a weird want, but it feels awkward having a sim worry about an unconscious other on the floor, especially their loved ones, but not do anything else about it; it's worse when it's their children or toddlers. I'd like to be able to pick them up and bring them to their beds, or carry a napping partner over to a proper bed. And well, I think it'd be sweet to have a sim wake another up for work or school without rudely having to blast a radio on or cancelling the sleep interaction from the dozing sim's end instead.
Mad Poster
#7657 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:59 PM
@Sketching - I once used allmenus to have an adult play tag with a child. The animations for the adult glitched up and they were running around in a semi-crouched position.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7658 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:37 PM
This is one of the mods I did for the sims 1..enabling play tag for everyone.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7659 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 4:34 AM
Sort of like the desk locator, a newspaper locator. You put it down somewhere on the lot and the paper carrier will put the paper on top of it (or near it).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#7660 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:05 AM
I'd like a mod that makes the 'Rub Belly' and 'Talk to Belly' interactions with a pregnant Sim autonomous between family and friends with mutual high relationship scores (especially if said Sims are visiting or otherwise unselectable by default).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7661 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:24 AM
It already is autonomous only it's very low chance.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7662 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:38 AM
Since everyone has Seasons, I'd like to have a mod that automatically gives the correct corresponding astrological sign for a pixel. Such as in summer, they get Gemini, Leo or Cancer, etc.
Instead of having to do it manually.
I know the signs are based on random chance/heredity/traits, but I think it'd be more balanced than the system now in place.

This request was sparked by a post over at PBK about arranged marriages, of all things-by Tara True:

Quote:
As I've mentioned before, I have a trait system where each list of twenty traits is tied to one of the eight elements of my Sims' cosmology. Each element is also connected to a month of the year, and Sims gain two traits from their birth month's element, two from the combined list of their parents' traits, and one chosen at random from the full list. I consider the elements to form a "wheel of the year" and when matchmaking, the goal is to have the combined traits of the couple be as elementally balanced as possible. For example, if I'm arranging a marriage for a Sim with a lot of Freshwater traits, I'd look for a Sim with a strong Metal affinity, since those two elements are directly opposite each other on the wheel.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...&p=95831#p95831

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#7663 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching

A few other things but they might've already been mentioned before anyway:
  1. I wonder why there isn't an option for an older sim to have a pillow fight or play tag with a child. I guess most older sims would win, though games aren't always just for winning but also for having fun with others, and it'd be great to have an older sim swoop down behind a child and carry them in jest.
  2. Options for sims to wake someone up and/or carry them to bed. Maybe it's a weird want, but it feels awkward having a sim worry about an unconscious other on the floor, especially their loved ones, but not do anything else about it; it's worse when it's their children or toddlers. I'd like to be able to pick them up and bring them to their beds, or carry a napping partner over to a proper bed. And well, I think it'd be sweet to have a sim wake another up for work or school without rudely having to blast a radio on or cancelling the sleep interaction from the dozing sim's end instead.

I'd also like a bunch of children to be able to play tag/cops and robbers/etc together. And, yes, waking sims would be nice. I'd like more opportunity to "comfort" a sim, too. I mean, wow, they bawl a lot. Shouldn't someone say AWWWWWWWWWWW? And one other... why can't anyone call a doctor when they are sick? That seems it would be easy. Every other stranger in town does a house call.
Mad Poster
#7664 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:59 AM
There is one slight oddity I can see with that, though - Sims' chemistry is based on the astrological signs, rather than the personality itself.

Mad Poster
#7665 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Sims' chemistry is based on the astrological signs, rather than the personality itself.

As far as I know, chemistry takes both into account.
Scholar
#7666 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:20 PM
Sim's chemistry ignores zodiac signs, there is two global op-codes 'Zodiac - Param 0 to Param 1 - Attracted?' and 'Zodiac - Param 0 to Param 1 - Repelled?' that are never used by any other op-codes.
Mad Poster
#7667 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:40 PM
Reminder: make it possible for a sim to buy another sim a drink from the bar
Theorist
#7668 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:04 PM
On Zodiacs.
I really hate that the zodiacs are tied to personality. I wish there was a mod to divorce the two and remove the zodiacs from the attraction system.

But that's really only my real life dislike of astrology, I understand that it's a convenient shorthand for the game to calculate attraction and personality.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7669 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:54 PM
I ignore zodiac, always have, always will. I don't design sims with the idea of making them fall in love. I either make them married or let the pixels make their own decisions.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#7670 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:16 PM
To be honest, I always feel a bit weird when Simmers talk about matching their Sims up when they're still children.

Mad Poster
#7671 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Sim's chemistry ignores zodiac signs, there is two global op-codes 'Zodiac - Param 0 to Param 1 - Attracted?' and 'Zodiac - Param 0 to Param 1 - Repelled?' that are never used by any other op-codes.

I'd never heard that before. I always assumed this info was correct: http://cyjon.net/node/88

edit:
To be honest, I always feel a bit weird when Simmers talk about matching their Sims up when they're still children.

That wouldn't work too well in my game, since the die roll for orientation happens when they age to teen.
Mad Poster
#7672 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Maxis coded all that stuff for zodiac chemistry and actually forgot to implement it.

Theorist
#7673 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:15 PM

Well it depends on the situation. Like in my Beginning of Pleasantview neighbourhood some Sims are matched up before they are even born since I want to roughly create the situation from the box version of Pleasantview. The additional family members are free to marry whoever they want.
I do however decide in infancy whether a child will be hetero-, bi-, homosexual or aro when they grow up.

Though the pseudo-aristocratic families like the Goths and Crumplebottom due occasionally chose partners for their children even while those children are growing up. And the witch line of the Bachelors does look for Sims that would be likely to result in magical offspring.
Like, the first generation of Goth and Crumplebottom children knew from their infancy that they would be obligated to marry one another in order to bind the bloodlines together. And two of Michael Bachelor's are already promised to the children of a CAS family because Jocasta determined that those unions would produce powerful spellcasters.

Of course there's going to be all the drama associated with such plans
The only time I really "designed" two Sims for one another was when I really wanted a Newbie-Oldie marriage because of the names

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7674 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:55 PM
In addition to making the converted CS fruit trees give Nature enthusiasm from all interactions (at present they don't appear to give any), I would like the option to sell the produce from directly clicking on the tree, much like you can sell the produce from any of the Seasons trees/plants rather than choosing to put it in inventory. This would be helpful for Fortune sims who want to earn money, as selling items from inventory does nothing at all towards those "earn money" goals.

I've recently upgraded from Pes' basic versions to Gwenke's versions that not only cost quite a bit more (which is fair) but put harvested fruits into the sim's inventory rather than dumping fresh food points directly into the fridge. Strangely, now when these trees are placed on a community lot, sims not in the currently selected household will autonomously harvest them...which results in free § popping up for my playable household. A bit silly, that.

One thing that I'd probably never actually use but would be cool for realism would be if the harvested papayas, coconuts, and single bananas could be eaten as is. All the animations seem to exist already since the sim can simply click on a tree and choose to pick and eat a fruit from it.
Field Researcher
#7675 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:00 AM
Sims don't really care about any of the attraction stuff. With a high enough relationship they will agree to marry and will be perfectly happy, even if they started out with a negative bolt. I still feel bad though, making some of them marry when they like someone else a lot more. I have often changed the zodiac sign a few times to find one that would help boost their attraction to each other and it did help so something works with the zodiac code.
Page 307 of 577