2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#7626 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:49 AM
A sloped object piece so that if my garage is on a foundation i can stick it outside and it will appear that the car can go down it to reach street level. I have no issues with the car just appearing on the street, but i'm tired of not having my garages on the same level if the house is built on a foundation. Unless my google-fu is off i haven't seen this so far.
Advertisement
Theorist
#7627 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
What pun?

I assume letter -> spelling -> school

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Letter jacket and going to school..I like the pun...

Nah, that's actually the name of those school jackets you see teenagers wear in older American cartoons/movies/TV shows. Those ones:

They are usually held in the school colors, with the school's logo somewhere on it and those letters on the chest (which I think are some sort of badge for athletic achievement or something, because in the States high school/university sports is serious business)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7628 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:26 PM
Because you wrote letter jackets, instead of leather jackets...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7629 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:32 PM
No, letter jackets is right. It's a different thing entirely.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7630 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:34 PM
I HATE laughing for nothing...

Theorist
#7631 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
No, letter jackets is right. It's a different thing entirely.

^This.

It often gets mistranslated as "leather jackets" when things are dubbed, though.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7632 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:38 PM
I never heard it. I HATE learning new things...
Not really, thanks!

Alchemist
#7633 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:39 PM
They're called letter jackets, not leather, like Orph said. It's short for letterman, which is a student who excelled in a certain branch at school, traditionally sports, but I received one for academics. The letter is a cloth patch in the shape of the school's first initial. People would sew them to their jackets, but I think that's fallen out of style, or at least it had in my area.

I see that the misunderstanding has been cleared up, but I fought my phone's autocorrect to make this post, so I'm not deleting it.
Mad Poster
#7634 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:25 PM
A mod that would stop Sims from autonomously throwing away a birthday cake right after a Sim grew up!
Mad Poster
#7635 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:56 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 27th Feb 2018 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Fixed bad Wikipedia link
Images of typical letter jackets:
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22...ih=763&dpr=1.25

Also a Wikipedia article, although this may be more information than most people want to bother with.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterman_(sports)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7636 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM
In this country leatherjackets are a type of insect. Well, the larva of craneflies actually.

Not relevant I know but it's what I thought of.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#7637 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:07 PM
clickable neighbor feature; be able to switch to apartments.

on partially occupied apartment lots; some way to select the "unoccupied" part of lot without evicting the playable household/households.
Mad Poster
#7638 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:30 AM
The ability to click on another house while at an apartment to play it. As it is, you have to go out to the neighborhood view to do it. That and the above statement are why I don't play apartments. Too much hassle in moving around the neighborhood.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#7639 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:00 AM
Maybe I just haven't seen it, but I'd like the option for teens to serve coffee as baristas on community lots. (Can they work as cooks tied to the University stove? I need to test that.)
Alchemist
#7640 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:48 PM
TV channels for the other visible skills. in shipped version: "Yummy" channel builds Cooking; "Work Out" interaction builds Body.
maybe also TV channels for the hidden skills.
Mad Poster
#7641 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
TV channels for the other visible skills. in shipped version: "Yummy" channel builds Cooking; "Work Out" interaction builds Body.
maybe also TV channels for the hidden skills.

Sims 3 had I think a gardening channel. I think I might have had a custom "Fix It" channel as well. Pretty neat, and really made TVs more useful.
Mad Poster
#7642 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:46 AM
"Talk to Grave." Sort of like mourning, except without the screaming and crying. Likely using the talking-to-plants animation, and it would increase the social motive a bit...unless the Sim barely knows the person in the grave, in which case they get confused and walk away. I actually came up with this idea when I accidentally clicked on a fruit tree instead of a grave and saw the "Talk" option and wondered why it wasn't a thing.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7643 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:41 AM
A fix for the messed-up lighting of neighborhood objects in the BV vacation neighborhoods. There doesn't seem to be any "night" option. Lot imposters, trees, horizons, etc. are always lit as if in daytime. It's not a big deal and doesn't affect gameplay, but it's still very annoying to have the hotels, etc. down the road look as though they're glowing in the dark. None of the other subhoods have this problem, only the BV ones.
Lab Assistant
#7644 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:00 PM
A driving license option for teens, they go to it like they would go to school or after school activity like @piqiwi created, and succeed or fail the driving test like they would for school if they don't study enough. And get the memory for it.

It's all messy. The hair. The bed. The words. The heart. Life.
Mad Poster
#7645 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lue5
A driving license option for teens, they go to it like they would go to school or after school activity like @piqiwi created, and succeed or fail the driving test like they would for school if they don't study enough. And get the memory for it.

And if they fail the driving test, they're either blocked from using the car or have an increased chance of getting a ticket and having to pay a fine if they drive anyway.
Mad Poster
#7646 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 12:04 AM
On driving: the options to have certain things happen to cars/drivers.
Flats-who hasn't had a flat first thing in the morning? Really sets up a day of hassle.
Speeding tickets: because you were late to work due to that flat tire, you got a speeding ticket for your haste.
Minor Fender Benders: And because you were so distracted by the speeding ticket you got for being so rushed, you didn't see that car backing out of 'your' parking space when you got to work. Oops.
Major car accidents: after a lousy day at work, where you were docked for your lateness, cited for your calling your insurance company on company time, you got mad enough to quit early and then on the way home the bad last thing happened. You totaled the car, made it out alive, but man, what a crummy day that was!
Or something like that.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7647 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 8:49 AM
When I cancel a queued "serve food" action, the sim always looks for a clear space on the floor to put the serving plate. It would be really great if the idiot would put the plate back on the counter where s/he got it from in the first place!
Test Subject
#7648 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:02 PM
I wish for some sort of celebrity system.

If your sim had a celebrity token, other sims would occasionally ask them for autographs, they would have a relationship boost, maybe occasionally a fan would stalk them on community lots.
Mad Poster
#7649 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maraudine
I wish for some sort of celebrity system.

If your sim had a celebrity token, other sims would occasionally ask them for autographs, they would have a relationship boost, maybe occasionally a fan would stalk them on community lots.

You can kind of build celebrity piecemeal if you can't find a mod that you like... use things like a good reputation, the "make me beautiful" genie glitch, etc... It's not as good as the "real" celebrity systems that exist in some of the other games, but it's better than nothing.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7650 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:05 PM
@Maraudine PCSims fan cone on the Graveyard.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 306 of 580