Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
You can mod out anything you don't like and mod in things that you do like - or that is how it seems to me

Not being annoyed all that often, I did kick Humble out an brought ACR in But I think noroutefail and noagediscrimination have solved most of my annoyances.

Off to get that mod by TwoJeffs right now, thank you @k6ka If anything does annoy me, it is useless stuff slowing down my game.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#52 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 10:16 PM
The two major things that annoyed me were coffee cups being taken way away to some silly place and sims waking at 3am to rain. I modded both of those out a long time ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#53 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 2:29 AM
Rotational play. Yes, it IS fun to control the whole town, but sometimes you just wanna relax and play one family for a bunch of generations and not have to worry that the rest of the town is immortal, y'know? (Even with the birthday age up for townies and such.)

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Rotational play. Yes, it IS fun to control the whole town, but sometimes you just wanna relax and play one family for a bunch of generations and not have to worry that the rest of the town is immortal, y'know? (Even with the birthday age up for townies and such.)

One of the things I liked about TS4. You can change whether or not the entire neighborhood ages or just the lot you're playing. If the whole neighborhood ages, it won't do all of the wonky stuff TS3 story progression did. Too bad TS4 is still overcharging for their content/not putting enough out. If you could give me TS2 in the TS4 engine, I would be a happy woman.

For my neighborhood, I still do rotational play, but I don't limit myself to a certain amount of days. I'll play one family for as long as I want. It just means I can't play them again until I get everyone else's lives caught up.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:52 AM

I use "Grow Up Townies" by Syberspunk. It also works for Dormies and playable sims from other households. If you see somebody walking past your house or on a community lot that you think needs to age up, just click on him/her and do it!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4842.0.html
Forum Resident
#56 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
The welcome wagon (which I modded out http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0 a long time ago) has always annoyed me. Unless those sims are going to show up with a fresh baked pie or Lobster Thermidor...keep on moving.

That would actually be a great mod. Have one sim (maybe the one with the highest cooking skill, the most nice points, or just random) carry a random group food item and give it to the new neighbor with a "I heard you just moved in, so I brought you *food*. Hope you like it!" pop up. Bonus points if it can be burned if the sim in question has low cooking skill. Then you could serve it up and get to know the neighbors while you eat.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I use "Grow Up Townies" by Syberspunk. It also works for Dormies and playable sims from other households. If you see somebody walking past your house or on a community lot that you think needs to age up, just click on him/her and do it!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4842.0.html

how COOL! Thank you.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#58 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:57 AM
There actually is a cake the welcome wagon can bring. I somehow stumbled on it and was able to duplicate it happening but sadly that was many years ago and that information didn't stick in my head. Unlike other odd sim information. I do recall it involved me turning some family members into townies.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
You can mod out anything you don't like and mod in things that you do like - or that is how it seems to me

Not being annoyed all that often, I did kick Humble out an brought ACR in But I think noroutefail and noagediscrimination have solved most of my annoyances.

Off to get that mod by TwoJeffs right now, thank you @k6ka If anything does annoy me, it is useless stuff slowing down my game.

Hey sweeties, could you please p.m. me instructions for how to get the update for UC but still play it offline? I'm planning to get a new computer in a few months **yells loudly**IF THE MORONS HANDLING MY RETIREMENT MONEY CAN FIND IT!, and need to know for when I have to download it again.

Please remember to talk very slowly, using words of one syllable or less. Thank you

Kiss that baby for me.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#60 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 4:56 PM
The most senseless game feature, in my view, is when Sims went to a community lot, spent 10 hours there, and came back home 20 minutes after they'd left.

Thankfully, there's a mod called Community Time to fix it.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 4:58 PM
20 minutes? They come back and it is the same time they left...just like it never happened. It makes no sense indeed, but I deal with it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:48 PM
Given how fast time passes in the game the pause of time in Sims's lots when going to community lots makes perfect sense ...for a Sim world.
Theorist
#63 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 8:18 PM

To me Rotational Play is pretty much the biggest reason I stick with Sims 2. But I suppose the only way to avoid having to play everybody is to use the Sim Manipulator to advance the ages of those you don't want to play and use a season setter to advance the season. That way everything stays in synch. I have been using that for years.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#64 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:13 PM
I create a custom neighborhood. I then make the family I want to play, my own townies, including love interests for those I am actually playing, including families. I then make families and turn them into townies, and then grow up the children with the option to age up townies, when my kids grow up so that they age together. Of course, this works best when I only have one or two households But it lets me have the best of both worlds. I can focus on the families I want to play with, and yet the others still age up when I want them to
Mad Poster
#65 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:47 PM
Do townies retain their family ties?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#66 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:23 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MasterRed
Sim children get too much homework. It makes sense for the teenagers, but who expects five year olds to do homework every day?

I really love monique's auto do homework. It's so sweet to see the little darlings go do their homework on their own at 7pm and I don't have to know where they put that stupid little notebook. They know.

Rotational Play? I can honestly say this never occurred to me. I guess because my sims don't age unless I get tired of playing a certain age or want a story change and choose to age them. Some of them have never aged at all. I have no idea what Brandi Broke would look like aged. I just can't bring myself to see her any other way. So, possibly, aging-off is the most essential "mod" for me.

The most annoying thing is probably putting babies on the floor. I will be very happy when, someday, a modder cracks that one.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#67 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:41 AM
Mad Poster
#68 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I really love monique's auto do homework. It's so sweet to see the little darlings go do their homework on their own at 7pm and I don't have to know where they put that stupid little notebook. They know.

Macrotastics's Macro > Do Homework is also good for this, in those cases where you forget to put down one of the desk locators and they stick it in the corner of the lot.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#69 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:56 AM
Yes and if you have the necessary supporting objects on the lot (Bathroom Uses You, etc.), they'll also maintain their needs while they're doing their homework. This can get a bit "cheaty" though, so I deliberately don't place some of the other objects. Mustn't make it TOO easy.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 4:08 AM
On the topic of that, is Pescado's baby controller optional like bathroom uses you? I've been considering putting it in for a few families (such as the Ottomas quads) but I wouldn't want it taking over for all the households.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:51 AM
Yes I think the baby controller is optional. I got rid of it years ago because it annoyed me so much. I would have an adult standing idle ready to tend to the baby or toddler and the baby controller would invariably choose some other sim to do it instead - usually one who was studying an important skill for their job. There may have been settings like the clock has to make it easier to deal with, but I just replaced with somebody else's mod instead. I think I'm using a global by TwoJeffs for that now.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:08 AM
Hmm, that sounds annoying if it doesn't have the option to pick the 'nanny' Sim.

Mad Poster
#73 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:12 AM
Maybe it did. I haven't used it in a long time. It had a lot of settings and I may have just not gotten the hang of it. I'm doing fine without it anyway.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:16 AM
I'll take a look at it anyways - least it can't hurt.

Mad Poster
#75 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:45 AM
My number 1 peeve is the goodbye/greet kiss that Sims do if they have a high enough relationship. Friendship does not equal attraction, and to me it was madness that Sims would automatically get romantic with any Sim they reached 100/100 with. Drove me absolutely bonkers. Cyjons mod makes it more tolerable, but still not good enough for me, so my modified version of Cyjons is still one of my favorite mods ever. Couldn't play the game without it.

Lots of other annoyances, but most have been modded, and many of the others I can mod out myself once I find them We're very lucky to have a game that can actually be fixed, in most things. Some not (lot impostors, multiple roof colors etc) may not be, but could be worse

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 3 of 4