Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fharhond Glacier - A Small Northern Island

by bakafox Posted 18th Jun 2013 at 5:00 PM - Updated 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:38 PM by bakafox

111 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skooma_dealer
This is such a lovely world I want to play it but I do not understand how to put it into my game. It's in 4 parts so how exactly do I download it into my game? Sorry if this is a silly question!

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ulti-part_files is the on site tutorial bit about multiple part files.

Hope it helps.
Instructor
#52 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skooma_dealer
This is such a lovely world I want to play it but I do not understand how to put it into my game. It's in 4 parts so how exactly do I download it into my game? Sorry if this is a silly question!

Not a silly question if you haven't done it before Have a look at the instructions here . Section 1.2 has instructions for multi-part files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 10:36 AM Last edited by Mvincent17781 : 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:28 AM.
I finally got the science facility and school figured out. It appears it was on my end. But now I've found that there are some spots where if a sim attempts to "fish" in these spots, they just freeze and get stuck there. Any confirmation on this being an issue?

Edit: Apparently it's not just in certain places. It's just that fishing at all isn't working. I'm going to check to see if it's my mods again. This patch really has done a number on them. Sorry for blaming your world again (if it's my fault again).

Edit 2: Edit Harder: It was my mods again. Oh well. Your world is wonderful and problem free. I'll stop bothering you now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 1:46 PM
This looks absolutely fantastic!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#55 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 2:05 PM
This world is beautiful Thank you for uploading. Downloading now...
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 12:21 AM
I so liked the looks of this that I definitely wanted it to work. After The long installation process...my sims were skipping all over the world so I uninstalled it. This is not a criticism but a question....why is this world in 4 parts? Such a small world should be able to be downloaded in one part??
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#57 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 2:21 PM
I see a long harsh winter in my sims future
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic
I so liked the looks of this that I definitely wanted it to work. After The long installation process...my sims were skipping all over the world so I uninstalled it. This is not a criticism but a question....why is this world in 4 parts? Such a small world should be able to be downloaded in one part??

Mod the Sims has a limit on the size for any one file, thus it needing to be divided for the site.

Also since you're the first person to report Sims skipping all over the world, I suspect you were having some sort of mod issue.
Instructor
#59 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 7:33 PM
First, thank you so much for "Northern/Scandinavian land-style". I love this kind of land so much.

Question : I don't have Aurora Sky installed, so it means I can't have "aurora sky effects" as in one of your pictures, correct?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by little bee
First, thank you so much for "Northern/Scandinavian land-style". I love this kind of land so much.

Question : I don't have Aurora Sky installed, so it means I can't have "aurora sky effects" as in one of your pictures, correct?

You will get the effects =) I don't own Aurora Skies, either.
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:42 AM
I had the same problem when extracting the map using 7Zip.

It would say "File is broken" and crash. But, when i downloaded it from http://www.bakasims.com everything worked perfectly.

I only have one suggestion for this map.

I don't like the dead looking grass. Imo, it makes the town look dead & ugly.

Using normal flashy green grass would bring it back to life and would look 10 times better as well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:39 PM
The people having 'file is broken' and crash issues with 7zip- the problem is probably that it wants you to rename the files to follow a type of numbering system. PLEASE check the "Downloading for Dunderheads" or whatever it's called part of the Mod the Sims CC Tutorials! It will help you out a lot in the future for CC on this site!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:30 PM
I downloaded and played this for a while last night and I have to say, it really is beautiful. I own a couple of store worlds and this far outstrips them in every way in terms of layout, design, consistency and real thought and dedication.
Thank you for sharing this with us
Test Subject
#64 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:15 AM
I completly don't kno how to put in my game... I'm so disapointed ...

I follow the instructions, but it say "You should have the next part for continue... Put the next part on the file...."
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:33 AM
I finally got the world to download successfully (not a problem with the files, just with the way my computer is set up) and I get to the world only to find there are no lots. No houses, rabbitholes, nothing. If it's in the main starter screen for the world, like where you can find the Create a Family, Choose a Family, etc., then where the lots would be is a see-through blue square. Not bright blue, just ocean-blue. If I go to edit town mode, then it's just terrain. I re-downloaded the files and went through the process again, but still no lots. Ideas?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#66 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 10:23 AM
Oooh thank you thank you!
I love this world so much. Like someone else said, there are so many beautiful worlds uploaded but my puny little laptop can't run any of the big ones without lagging/crashing. And there really aren't many cold-themed worlds on MTS.
This is perfect, and I haven't experienced any problems with it at all so far.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:30 PM Last edited by bakafox : 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rosebush23
I finally got the world to download successfully (not a problem with the files, just with the way my computer is set up) and I get to the world only to find there are no lots. No houses, rabbitholes, nothing. If it's in the main starter screen for the world, like where you can find the Create a Family, Choose a Family, etc., then where the lots would be is a see-through blue square. Not bright blue, just ocean-blue. If I go to edit town mode, then it's just terrain. I re-downloaded the files and went through the process again, but still no lots. Ideas?

Have you patched up to the one I built the world under (or past it)? I've not heard of anyone else having that issue before with my world, though I vaguely remember people having that issue with other custom worlds if they weren't patched to the right version or something.

You may want to check the general game help FAQ here, or the game help forum, if you're patched up and still having the issue, I don't know much about problems like that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aly17
I completly don't kno how to put in my game... I'm so disapointed ...

I follow the instructions, but it say "You should have the next part for continue... Put the next part on the file...."

Did you download all the parts, and do you mean you're looking at the instructions on http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ulti-part_files ?

I use WinZIP and it has me manually search for the next downloaded part and click on it like I was opening a file, instead of making me rename it.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 10:29 PM
hi, bakafox, thanks for the awesome work! <3
i've just installed island paradise and tried to build a diving spot on this world, but my test sim couldn't dive - i've read that it can happend because the water is too shallow. i just wanted to know if you or anyone else tried to do it, if the sea is indeed too shallow, and if it is, if you could modify it (i would do it myself, but i was never able to make CAW work on my notebook ): ).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 2:44 AM
I may try and modify the depths for my all-EP version that I'm slowly working on, but adjusting terrain in CAW after lots have been placed tends to have annoying consequences, so not 100% sure.

I /am/ trying to ensure that future projects are far more IP friendly than any I've finished so far, now that I actually know what's needed.
mature minion
retired moderator THANKS POST
#71 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 3:50 PM
*hugs baka for creating an astoundingly awesome world* How had I not found this upload before now! Incredible work foxy!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#72 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 9:21 PM
Oh wow this is as amazing as other say. Really nice idea and wonderful execution I can't wait to make sims for this world!
THANKS POST
#73 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 10:55 PM
I love you man
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:07 AM
This town is beautiful. I am having so much fun playing with it. Thank you so much. You
are very talented.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#75 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:27 AM
Can't wait to test this. Thank you!
Page 3 of 5