Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#476 Old 25th May 2013 at 10:45 AM
The only thing interesting to me on this is the violin. I would pay for that.
Maybe the archery range.

The other stuff I really don't want in my game.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#477 Old 25th May 2013 at 12:39 PM
"Sigh" why didn't they just make Sims Medieval a sandbox - it could have been SO GOOD!
Theorist
#478 Old 25th May 2013 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
I did not mean to affend anyone for I do think it is a lovely house.

Tangie0906, I did not mean to upset you and I was expressing my views.

Oh Hon, it's OK, I wasn't upset. I was just kidding around! I guess I should have used one of those smiley thingies. :D

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#479 Old 25th May 2013 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
"Sigh" why didn't they just make Sims Medieval a sandbox - it could have been SO GOOD!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really hoping some of Sims Medieval makes it into Sims 4.... the humor, perhaps a variation on the "fatal flaw" idea, pickpocketing. I'm sorry they gave up on it so quickly. It's a fun game, and I still play it sometimes when I'm bored with regular Sims.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#480 Old 25th May 2013 at 3:51 PM
I would like to see features from all Sims games and spin-offs that actually worked well make it into the game. Ever since I learned about having a water source and an electric source in Castaway, I've been wondering why the never brought it back. And the 100x100 lot size. Also, the swamp and lava tools could have been a cute addition, though it's nothing I MUST HAVE.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#481 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:30 PM
Besides the look of the dragon I'm really annoyed by the fact that they do not die as someone previously said they're "immortal cheaty objects". It would be so much interesting if they turn into ash or something if you don't feed/interact with them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#482 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:56 PM
I don't even think you have to feed it. It probably just sits there, forever. Even the chickens last forever.

Do the bees from Supernatural die?

Instructor
#483 Old 25th May 2013 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I would like to see features from all Sims games and spin-offs that actually worked well make it into the game. Ever since I learned about having a water source and an electric source in Castaway, I've been wondering why the never brought it back. And the 100x100 lot size. Also, the swamp and lava tools could have been a cute addition, though it's nothing I MUST HAVE.

IMO CS is the best spin-off of the series. I really liked the way it was implemented: the new shift-make furniture, the resource system, the recolors, the inventory items (e.g., pickaxe, machete), and orangutans! When are we getting orangutans back?

I don't even think you have to feed it. It probably just sits there, forever. Even the chickens last forever.

Do the bees from Supernatural die?

I don't know about the bees, but the CowPlant wilts if it's not fed for several days.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#484 Old 25th May 2013 at 6:20 PM
Castaway, overall, introduced a lot of great aspects into the overall Sims experience, and it didn't detract away from what the core Sims gameplay. Very successful spin-off. I wouldn't mind if Sims could have much more exotic pets, like Orangutans, Tigers, etc.

And it makes on think:The cowplant can die, and it's an object. Other living things can't die, and it's also an object. *sigh*

Instructor
#485 Old 26th May 2013 at 6:41 AM
I can't remember my bees ever dying. I think they just get angry and attack you if you don't feed or clean them. Does anyone know about the chickens? It doesn't seem like there's any negatives to not taking care of the dragons needs. If you can never die, do you even need to eat?
Top Secret Researcher
#486 Old 26th May 2013 at 11:00 AM
I am not a fan of the dragons design as they do not seem cute to me but silly. I wish they couldd grow to full sized dragons which sims could ride across the road and have them guarding castles, kidnapping princesses and trying to rule the road.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#487 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dlisted
I can't remember my bees ever dying. I think they just get angry and attack you if you don't feed or clean them. Does anyone know about the chickens?

In the time I've played with the chicken coop (a little over a week) I've forgotten to feed them numerous times but it doesn't seem to affect anything other than possibly the quality of the eggs you can collect. I don't even think the chicken coop needs cleaning...

(A very cheaty object: +20 moodlet for interacting with the baby chicks, and if you feed them regularly at $5 a time you get the chance to find a rare egg worth $1.5k. Store items are way overbalanced to the point of almost being ridiculously easy.)
Instructor
#488 Old 26th May 2013 at 3:20 PM
I don't expect store worlds to replace core gameplay such as the vehicles and cell phones. Not even EPs replace or remove these items and interactions. Especially the cellphone since a lot of gameplay is tied up into it. EA's best bet would have been to make an entirely new sandbox game set in a medieval world. Too bad that didn't happen, but there are a lot of people that still want these types of fantasy worlds even with the taxis and other modern items. Personally while I think Dragon Valley is a nice world and I do like the PC items it comes with, I'd much prefer a modern Asian city or a Coney Island town since both of those worlds offer fun and different places for our sims to live without having the weird modern/medieval juxtaposition.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#489 Old 26th May 2013 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
... I'd much prefer a modern Asian city or a Coney Island town since both of those worlds offer fun and different places for our sims to live without having the weird modern/medieval juxtaposition.

OMG! Thank you! I swear, it's all about money over there.

If the game mattered more, they would build the game what it can do, not what a bunch of sappy fans with boats loads of spare income to throw around. It's just foolish. We already criticized them what happened in Lunar Lakes. Years later...

"Let's make a fairy tale world!"

Top Secret Researcher
#490 Old 26th May 2013 at 9:28 PM
Hay I have thought of the next world that the store will go with us either a western or horror themed one. It seems like the next logical thing that EA, the worst company in the world apart from mircosoft to do so they can make more money.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
One Minute Ninja'd
#491 Old 26th May 2013 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
Hay I have thought of the next world that the store will go with us either a western or horror themed one. It seems like the next logical thing that EA, the worst company in the world apart from mircosoft to do so they can make more money.

Well, with a Medieval town overrun with cabs, sloppy jalopy's, mailmen, zombies on full moons, hot tubs, and mini-dragons, I thought they got horror stuff down pretty well, myself.
Theorist
#492 Old 26th May 2013 at 11:19 PM
^ You forgot the probing aliens. :D

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Instructor
#493 Old 27th May 2013 at 4:07 AM
And it makes on think:The cowplant can die, and it's an object. Other living things can't die, and it's also an object. *sigh*

Fish in the HELS aquarium and minor pets die too

Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
In the time I've played with the chicken coop (a little over a week) I've forgotten to feed them numerous times but it doesn't seem to affect anything other than possibly the quality of the eggs you can collect. I don't even think the chicken coop needs cleaning...

Before I buy any Store item, I download the err... Barnacle Bay version and check the way it's coded. If I like what I see, I buy it. I remember checking the coop's code as it looked very promising, but it turned out to be another cheat object. The quality and number of eggs does not depend on how much time you invest on the chicks. It's completely random. Feeding the chickens does alter the chance of getting a special rare egg, so I guess that if you wanted to play in a less cheaty way you could just abstain from feeding the chickens and collect the eggs once in a while.
Mad Poster
#494 Old 27th May 2013 at 4:10 AM
the architecture is inspiring, but i would have to argue that the whole as a whole isn't worth 25 or 35 dollars.
Instructor
#495 Old 27th May 2013 at 5:35 AM
Did anyone in here play MySims for the Wii? It feels like that's what they're turning TS3 in to. They keep making making it easier and easier to the point that it is almost a children's game more than T+. They're also mixing so many different styles & themes that it seems like they think we play with purely stereotypical characters with no thought to the relation to the neighborhood. They seem to want sims with alternative style to live in the Addams's family mansion, living next door to Katy Perry and her pink, candy house and down the block from your cowboy sim's themed-out, western ranch.
Alchemist
#496 Old 27th May 2013 at 3:58 PM
Does anybody know what skill the violin will increase? Is it... ahem... Guitar?

Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
IMO CS is the best spin-off of the series. I really liked the way it was implemented: the new shift-make furniture, the resource system, the recolors, the inventory items (e.g., pickaxe, machete), and orangutans! When are we getting orangutans back?

Agreed, but I like Castaway in PS2 way better than PC one. Furniture requires specific kinds of resources in order to be built, as well as food ingredients! Too bad in the PC version, we can build a hot tub out of bamboo.
Lab Assistant
#497 Old 28th May 2013 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
Violin! Yay! My sims and I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. ^^

God. I hope against hope that the animation from that screenshot is only for level 0 violin players. Because no one who could actually play a violin worth anything would let their bow elbow drop that low. Looks like the violin players will look like they belong behind the last stand of the second violin section. ... Or like viola players. Actually, much as I am incapable of resisting any potential for a viola joke, that's unfair. I don't think you could hold a bow like that and still play even the simplest song. You'd have no control over pressure/angle, and the results would not qualify as music.

I've always been sad (though unsurprised) that they don't make my instrument for Sims, but if that's an example of the quality, I feel less sad. I find myself honestly shuddering to think at how badly they would animate a French horn. (The fact that I am a brass player actually makes me angrier about how terrible the violin animation is. Because I am not a string player; I've had some violin playing friends teach me how to hold their instrument and play a few notes when screwing around at breaks, nothing more. I honestly don't think anyone who had ever played in an orchestra could get a violin animation that bad. Aren't there ANY instrumental musicians working for EA?)
Top Secret Researcher
#498 Old 28th May 2013 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arithmancer
God. I hope against hope that the animation from that screenshot is only for level 0 violin players. Because no one who could actually play a violin worth anything would let their bow elbow drop that low. Looks like the violin players will look like they belong behind the last stand of the second violin section. ... Or like viola players. Actually, much as I am incapable of resisting any potential for a viola joke, that's unfair. I don't think you could hold a bow like that and still play even the simplest song. You'd have no control over pressure/angle, and the results would not qualify as music. :faceslap

That's a TS2 screenshot, though. For all we know, that questionable animation may not be used for TS3 violins at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#499 Old 28th May 2013 at 9:32 AM Last edited by Artimis : 29th May 2013 at 10:39 AM.
TS3 does share roughly adout half there animations with TS2.

Nocturnal Dawn
Alchemist
#500 Old 28th May 2013 at 10:06 AM
John Burb and Jennifer Pleasant will return in Dragon Valley. Too bad, I wish they'd return somewhere else.

Quote: Originally posted by SimsVIP
Jennifer and John tried to sail around the world as one last “hurrah” before their wedding day and somehow ended up here! The adventure for this couple is just beginning, but will they be able to find a way back home before their big day?
*Jennifer Pleasant (Gemini) has a level 3 Painting Skill, and a level 2 Athletic Skill. Her Lifetime Wish is to become a Superstar Athlete. Currently Unemployed.
*John Burb (Sagittarius) has a level 1 Logic Skill, level 2 Charisma Skill, level 3 Cooking Skill, and a level 3 Gardening Skill. His Lifetime Wish is to become Creature-Robot Cross Reader. Currently Unemployed.

Page 20 of 26