Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#226 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 3:54 PM
I talked about that a few posts back. I briefly touched on adding things outside of farming to give it depth. And after re-reading, yeah, more of it does than I though (I'm an idiot. :p).

And seasons had sports because it's a natural progression of weather and doing things outside. Then again, if a farming EP added fairs, fans would complain that they're like festivals. To avoid this, they'd have to reuse the festival system and add more functionality to it, rather than making something entirely new, but they probably wont do it, or a farming pack, so... meh.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#227 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
And seasons had sports because it's a natural progression of weather and doing things outside. Then again, if a farming EP added fairs, fans would complain that they're like festivals. To avoid this, they'd have to reuse the festival system and add more functionality to it, rather than making something entirely new, but they probably wont do it, or a farming pack, so... meh.

I don't see this as a problem.

And yes, I know why Seasons added sports, but this is the same reason why things like making crafts and canning would fit with farming.

I am from the US so my farming background is completely midwestern N. American. Because farms often were settled by self-sufficient people, they continue that tradition today. My family members sewed their own clothing, knitted, crocheted, made lots of little crafts, baked lots of good treats, canned the surplus veggies that came from their very large gardens, raised livestock, from chickens and ducks to pigs, cows, and steer. They plowed, fertilized, detasseled the corn (maize in other parts of the world), fought pests, fixed fences, and picked blackberries in the timber (wooded areas of the farm).

The jellies, jams, homemade clothing and crafts, decorated cakes, cows, rabbits, chickens, bulls, were all shown at the county fair where they hopefully won ribbons. I was often chosen as a model for the little girl's clothes since I was the eldest grandchild and all my aunts loved to sew! They always let me keep the ribbons.

No reason an agricultural barn can't be placed near a festival or stands for selling crafts or showing them placed on festival grounds. I have added lots of stuff to my festivals already that were not as EA intended.

Besides, people will scream about everything. I read a bunch of posts elsewhere about how farming was dirty and hard and who would want it in a game! Well, so is raising babies and teenagers!
Scholar
#228 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:07 PM
OMG! OMG! Finally! They actually gave me something that I really, really, really wanted. Woo Hoo!
Forum Resident
#229 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:40 PM
It would be funny if EA added the Chicken Dance to their animations...

The first half of this video is the Chicken Dance, and it's the first video I came across (watched three) where the music sped up as they went, which is how I've always seen it done.

http://youtu.be/W2bqrt6JtSw

I think the Chicken Dance is a very sly sobriety test...

Of course, for me, the Chicken Dance isn't complete without the stupid chicken hat...
Top Secret Researcher
#230 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:56 PM
The chicks are so cuuuute :lovestruc Can't wait for tomorrow, it will be a big day; the very first official farm animal for the Sims YAY! I hope they don't ruin it with non working features and that it has several different gameplay options, like being able to sell chickens, picking up the eggs, cooking them or selling them etc *excited*
Top Secret Researcher
#231 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:57 PM
The chicken dance! It also goes well in a farming community. I don't think I ever attended a family wedding where they didn't dance to the Chicken Dance, even my young cousin's recent wedding. LOL What memories! Nothing like seeing your grandma, aunts and uncles acting like a chicken.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#232 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
The chicks are so cuuuute :lovestruc Can't wait for tomorrow, it will be a big day; the very first official farm animal for the Sims YAY! I hope they don't ruin it with non working features and that it has several different gameplay options, like being able to sell chickens, picking up the eggs, cooking them or selling them etc *excited*

I know what you mean and that's why I am reserved about being too happy. Been so frustrated with the Store lately. Outside I am smiling and inside I am so afraid everything will not work as it should or could.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#233 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 6:58 PM
More info on the set:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/b...l?blogid=494785

The hens lay eggs, which you can gather. If you don't gather them, they will hatch.

I'm still holding out to see what the early purchasers have to say about how this actually works in game, but I'm allowing myself a little optimism...
Top Secret Researcher
#234 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 7:00 PM
Aha, they remembered to include clothing for elders this time around!

Finally, somebody realises that they're usually overlooked.
Top Secret Researcher
#235 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 7:08 PM
Is that a larder in the back room? Looks like it might be a place to store food, maybe a type of fridge? Looks nice.
Theorist
#236 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 7:26 PM
This set is looking better and better. My farmers will be ecstatic. IF it works. Just saying.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#237 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 9:59 PM
OMG, this is a great set. Yep, I will be a tester, let you know how it goes tomorrow, Writerchick.

I see the elder picking up the small planter pot, can sims do that with this set, that is my question. Probably a staged thing. Sigh.

Also want to know if my sims can sell the eggs? I want to add it to my sim's country store.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#238 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 10:53 PM
Quote:
Your Sim can get plenty of fun and social from playing with these cute and cuddly little guys, not to mention the new Chick Magnet moodlet.

*snorts* That really tickles my funny bone for some reason.

I can't wait to get this set. It's too bad that I just blew all my simpoints in the world sale. I guess someone else will have to be a guinea pig this time.
Top Secret Researcher
#239 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 10:54 PM
Can there be evil demonic zombie chickens too? Or vampire chickens? then this set would be compelte.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
One Minute Ninja'd
#240 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 11:41 PM
Wait, the chicken was NOT an April Fool's joke to get back at us for the GIFs that popped up on GuruGraham's posts???
Forum Resident
#241 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 5:09 AM
Sooo, what do you do with the baby chicks? Do you sell them, too? Or does your farm slowly get overrun by adult chickens - kind of like a gnome infestation only with eggs...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#242 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 5:51 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 4th Apr 2013 at 6:02 AM.
SimGuruCopeland posted an answer to your question Skmt999 here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...1.page#10569234

Quote:
The population of the chicken coop is pretty much self regulating. Chicks will grow up while others *ahem* fly the coop.

I so want this, all because another of SGC's quotes.

Quote:
And you can absolutely sell the regular eggs at the Harvest Market Stands in Monte Vista.

Just what I wanted.

For more excitement

Edited to add.

Quote:
Charles is pretty territorial about his roost. I don't want to give away everything about Charles but there is a moodlet that I didn't mention in the blog for when you lose a fight with him... and I don't mean a verbal confrontation.

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#243 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 6:22 AM
any word on whether you can play Chicken Checkers, back from the old Sims 2 consoles? That would be kinda neat...
Field Researcher
#244 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

I see the elder picking up the small planter pot, can sims do that with this set, that is my question. Probably a staged thing. Sigh.

That's the CAS animation for Green Thumb.
Scholar
#245 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 9:46 AM
I want it,but only chicken coop :lovestruc Hope this will be for individual purchase.I'm not interesting in CAS and buy mode stuff
Mad Poster
#246 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 10:21 AM
As an avid Harvest Moon player and somebody with a bit of farming experience, there'd better be an incubator in there somewhere for the eggs. You can't just leave them out in the cold unattended and expect them to hatch.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
One Minute Ninja'd
#247 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
Sooo, what do you do with the baby chicks? Do you sell them, too? Or does your farm slowly get overrun by adult chickens - kind of like a gnome infestation only with eggs...

No, you use them for making chicken nuggets.My question is, will the chicken be compatible with the deep fryer?
Scholar
#248 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
No, you use them for making chicken nuggets.My question is, will the chicken be compatible with the deep fryer?

Noooooooooooo! The chicken that goes in the deep fryer comes from the magical meat market where they grow it on trees.
LOL. I like the way your mind works. :p
Lab Assistant
#249 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
As an avid Harvest Moon player and somebody with a bit of farming experience, there'd better be an incubator in there somewhere for the eggs. You can't just leave them out in the cold unattended and expect them to hatch.

Isn't that what the chickens do? Incubate the eggs.
Top Secret Researcher
#250 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
Isn't that what the chickens do? Incubate the eggs.

From my experience, hens do a fine job of hatching chicks without an incubator...which, by the way, has not been around nearly as long as the chicken and the egg!

In other words, what came first, the chicken, the egg, or the incubator?
Page 10 of 124