Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6451 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 11:21 PM
There is a mod that makes the Ghost Hunter hours from 5pm to 11pm instead of 5pm to 3am but yeah, the Ghost Hunter hours suck for someone who wants to do something at night besides work.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#6452 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:05 AM
Meh, my main sim is a vampire. Night jobs work perfectly for him.

We can't all be ninjas but it doesn't take much to be a pirate.
Test Subject
#6453 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 2:38 AM
Today I discovered that if you get bitten by snakes many times eventually you kinda become immune or something and then the interaction "kiss snake" appears
and i found out that if you have a stuffed animal in your eventory the Sim will get mood bonus just like babies do when they sleep with the stuffed animal.

happy simming :D
Lab Assistant
#6454 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I can't remember who it was but the creation of open- topped basements HAS been experimented with and documented somewhere around here. If I remember correctly it involves some sort of trick with the stairs. You use the stairs to cut the holes out and then there is some trick that is done to prevent the hole refilling when the stairs are removed. Sadly I can't remember what the trick is though.

I think the stairs are the trick. They put in two sets of stairs then take one away, the 2nd set stops the hole from closing.
Alchemist
#6455 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
The ghost hunter career is my favorite Ambitions profession. It is so much fun! And, after you reach a certain level, you can keep or sell the spirits that you collect. (Primary income that generates a secondary income = pretty cool!) One of my ghost hunters collected enough spirit jars to line the walls of her entire basement, from floor to ceiling. The various colors of the spirits made her basement look like a disco club. The only drawback to the profession is that your sim will not have much of a social life. It's an overnight shift (this never changes!) and so your Sim is stuck sleeping most of the day, making dating and whatnot extremely challenging.

If your Sim needs a social life, make her a firefighter instead. Second in fun to the ghost hunter profession and your sim won't work past 6pm. (Unless that fire just won't go out!)

I think it's good for Night Owl Sims because I've never been able to let my Night Owls stay up too long because of his morning shift. Besides, you can abandon your work while you're on-duty, right? As long as you don't take any tasks yet. :p

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I can't remember who it was but the creation of open- topped basements HAS been experimented with and documented somewhere around here. If I remember correctly it involves some sort of trick with the stairs. You use the stairs to cut the holes out and then there is some trick that is done to prevent the hole refilling when the stairs are removed. Sadly I can't remember what the trick is though.

I think it was Simsample's tutorial somewhere on MTS. The exclusive lounge, IMO, in Jericho has some sort of trick like this.
Mad Poster
#6456 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I think it's good for Night Owl Sims because I've never been able to let my Night Owls stay up too long because of his morning shift. Besides, you can abandon your work while you're on-duty, right? As long as you don't take any tasks yet. :p

I have had times where my Sims finished all their Ghost Hunting jobs pretty quickly and even though they were considered "on the clock" they were able to go home or do whatever they wanted.

Other times the Ghostly Presence Jobs at times made my Sims work until 3am or later (even when the Ghosts show up when they are supposed to, Ghostly Presence jobs are my least favorite job and also the Angry Ghost jobs with the lower level banisher)
Field Researcher
#6457 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 9:19 AM
I discovered today that when your sim is, literally, TOO hot it can have some burning aftermath...
Scholar
#6458 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
I think the stairs are the trick. They put in two sets of stairs then take one away, the 2nd set stops the hole from closing.
This may help anyone trying to make an exposed basement:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=464673
Alchemist
#6459 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 12:39 PM Last edited by nikel23 : 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmodder69
I discovered today that when your sim is, literally, TOO hot it can have some burning aftermath...

Even if it's freezing outside?

I saw there are BeachBall.xml, BeachTowelCheap.xml, BeachTowelModerate.xml, and BeachTowelExpensive.xml in GameplayData.package, but I've never seen these objects. It appears that beach ball functions similarly to baseball, and according Sleep_BeachTowel.itun, Sims can sleep on beach towel, and it's from Gen. What are they? O.o
Instructor
#6460 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:09 PM
That hand made me choke on my coffee. Do the flames go out if you freeze to death? Is there an option to 'drag butt in snow' if you're on fire?
Alchemist
#6461 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gnomequeen
That hand made me choke on my coffee. Do the flames go out if you freeze to death? Is there an option to 'drag butt in snow' if you're on fire?

Actually, I had no chance saving that random self-combusted townie. My Sim, who is a firefighter (quite irrelevant), who was standing right there, immediately approached him and tried to extinguish him, but it was just *too late*. It was like he burned and instantly died with no chance of surviving. That was some sick glitch.
Mad Poster
#6462 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:36 PM
Even if it's freezing outside?

I saw there are BeachBall.xml, BeachTowelCheap.xml, BeachTowelModerate.xml, and BeachTowelExpensive.xml in GameplayData.package, but I've never seen these objects. It appears that beach ball functions similarly to baseball, and according Sleep_BeachTowel.itun, Sims can sleep on beach towel, and it's from Gen. What are they? O.o

Objects they were working on, but got cut from the game. They very well could appear in Island Paradise, since the resources are probably there already. There was a beach towel on the cover that a life guard was using, so anything is possible. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#6463 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:43 PM
I discovered that I can have as many beer as I want while playing the game only to stir at the screen and not doing
Alchemist
#6464 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Objects they were working on, but got cut from the game. They very well could appear in Island Paradise, since the resources are probably there already. There was a beach towel on the cover that a life guard was using, so anything is possible. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Generations to Island Paradise is long enough. I wouldn't give much hope to these objects, although it would be great if they actually come up with this idea in IP. Oddly though, the ITUN is updated to Seasons, saying something about the object advertising if Sim's temperature is low (negative attraction) or high (high attraction) or some sort.
Top Secret Researcher
#6465 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:59 PM
Generations to Island Paradise is long enough. I wouldn't give much hope to these objects, although it would be great if they actually come up with this idea in IP. Oddly though, the ITUN is updated to Seasons, saying something about the object advertising if Sim's temperature is low (negative attraction) or high (high attraction) or some sort.

Well, there was some basic code for vending machines long before University, (it appeared around the time the Pets patch was released, I think) so I'd personally say it actually is quite possible that Island Paradise might wind up making use of this. Doesn't explain why they add these bits of code years before they get round to doing anything with them, of course, but evidently it is something that they do.
Top Secret Researcher
#6466 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
I discovered that I can have as many beer as I want while playing the game only to stir at the screen and not doing
s'posed to be something about the game that you discovered while playing it, Adonis. Otherwise I'd have plenty more for this thread, because I play TS3 so much that nearly everything I discover is while playing it. Did I post when I discovered that battery-powered vibrators can lead to disappointment, that plugging into the mains really is better? No I did not. As much as I felt that others might learn from it, that my anguish might not have been in vain, yet still I did not.
Lab Assistant
#6467 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Did I post when I discovered that battery-powered vibrators can lead to disappointment, that plugging into the mains really is better? No I did not. As much as I felt that others might learn from it, that my anguish might not have been in vain, yet still I did not.

I'm not a native english speaker, but if this means what I think it does....

Anyway; I discovered that insane sims will start making cat and dog sounds if left idle, and also look like they beg like dogs do. And the cat (the animal that is, not the sim) had kittens, and got the wish to cuddle in petbed with them. That was so cute.
Mad Poster
#6468 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 7:52 PM
I discovered mirrors don't reflect off-lot terrain. When visiting the gym in Starlight Shores there are full wall mirrors that reflect everything up to the edge of the lot but beyond that they only reflect individual objects in a blue void.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#6469 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 11:31 PM
Ooops. I forgot about the teen's curfew and was dealing with the parents until I heard a siren noise. Even though both teens were out past curfew, only one got caught and lectured. His sister was able to go home without the lecture.
Instructor
#6470 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Well, there was some basic code for vending machines long before University, (it appeared around the time the Pets patch was released, I think) so I'd personally say it actually is quite possible that Island Paradise might wind up making use of this. Doesn't explain why they add these bits of code years before they get round to doing anything with them, of course, but evidently it is something that they do.

What might have happened is that they intended said item to be released at the time it goes out, but the item got cut for whatever reason from that pack(probably time constraints). They then just never bother to clean up the code and eventually get around to adding it with another EP that would use it. In a financial sense it is an effect way to go since you already have time and code invested in the idea.
Test Subject
#6471 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 3:32 AM
Today (well, technically yesterday but who's keeping track?) I discovered that one jog will take a morbidly obese sim and turn them into a skinny little stick. So much for my Pork family project
Lab Assistant
#6472 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 7:09 AM
I discovered how much time I can spend just building a house. Not furnishing it or anything, just actually building it and working on the lot. I look at the clock once and it's 9:30, I look at the clock now and it's two in the morning.

We can't all be ninjas but it doesn't take much to be a pirate.
Scholar
#6473 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 7:49 AM
s'posed to be something about the game that you discovered while playing it, Adonis. Otherwise I'd have plenty more for this thread, because I play TS3 so much that nearly everything I discover is while playing it. Did I post when I discovered that battery-powered vibrators can lead to disappointment, that plugging into the mains really is better? No I did not. As much as I felt that others might learn from it, that my anguish might not have been in vain, yet still I did not.
Maybe you should consider a solution that doesn't need mains power or batteries.

Plus you get a free refill on Social and Fun needs.

And it's basegame.
Top Secret Researcher
#6474 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 6:40 PM Last edited by r_deNoube : 6th Apr 2013 at 2:57 AM. Reason: Edited "reason for editing"
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Maybe you should ...
You're the best, Fenton. My knees are weak. From... uh... laughing, yeah that's it. Oh I don't care if you're such time zones away, from now on I will structure my life around the times you're logged on.
Theorist
#6475 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 7:44 PM
I discovered that battery-powered vibrators can lead to disappointment, that plugging into the mains really is better

Wait.... there are vibrators in the game?!?!? What EP did that come with?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 259 of 490