Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1976 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
matrix54 Whoa, now that's confusing and utterly non-cohesive! Why didn't they just add the script of the high-end electric guitar to the very obviously electric looking 70's, 80's & 90's guitar... or make proper electric guitars to use with bands if the LN hidden reward guitar is electric!

I bet they don't even know that they've had electric guitars in the past. Whoever made them probably doesn't even work there any more.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1977 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 9:45 PM
Uni brings pool tables and photobooths....again. Sigh, basically I have the limited edition of Showtime for the hairs, the cheap energy-8 bed and the pull-up bar. Just like since Supernatural I'm keeping Late Night for the shoes and clothes and the two pro bars to give my sims a hobby...

I'm excited for Uni but I kinda feel weird about my previous purchases. LN and SHT could be one 2000 simpoint store bundle with two premium items...

(Also, I really want Nicole K to get on with her early copy of UN since I can't stand Ipodzeke, I always subscribe to him only until other LPers start producing vids. I don't think Curtis even plays anymore, he never was very good at actually playing the game. Nicole is very pleasant to listen to, soft voice and no weird fake-ghetto-talk.)
Top Secret Researcher
#1978 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The OFB/FT combo has been done already, and it ended up as Ambitions (hobbies and professions).

Now, had EA gotten it right, fans wouldn't be miffed that they got it wrong. Again.

I liked AMB though. It had loads of stuff when it came out and it was pretty new as far as Sims goes. It contained more than most of the EPs do anyway and it took use of the open neighbourhood.

But if I had known then that we would not be getting the things that we want from FT/OFB at some point then I would probably have been a bit more negative.

I guess I had more faith in EA then than I do now.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1979 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 10:19 PM
Uni brought us pool tables and photobooths because the team wanted to provide players without those EPs with more content without having to purchase more EPs.

Personally, I'd prefer a normal, more modern look wardrobe, as opposed to our billionth bed or chair, but... whatever. Also, I liked when they made vanity drawers, and then, gave out more in the next EP. THAT was great. At this point, our Laundry quota has been filled, in both the store and EPs. Photobooth, now that we have a vintage looking one, is fulfilled. Pool tables were fulfilled when gave us two of them - traditional and modern. I could only hope for a under-counter nectar rack, for kitchens. THAT would be a great addition instead having to set aside space for a cabinet, hoping it doesn't look silly when it comes time to design a house.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#1980 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 1:09 AM
chrillsims3 has a video reviewing and showing off university!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjBH2DwhIk4
Field Researcher
#1981 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
They rather sell it in the store. All about the dollar, baby!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: a dolla makes them holla.
Mad Poster
#1982 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 5:47 AM
where are people getting it early? lol..
Field Researcher
#1983 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 5:59 AM
Some of them got it from the showing not too long ago. Anyone who was there got a copy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1984 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 6:06 AM
I guess the podium will have to do for our microphone replacement, since EA wont give us one. It looks like Sims can give lectures in public, not just protests - about what, I have no idea., but it looks nice addition to add to community lots, rather than just adding a guitar in a corner.

Lab Assistant
#1985 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
(Also, I really want Nicole K to get on with her early copy of UN since I can't stand Ipodzeke, I always subscribe to him only until other LPers start producing vids. I don't think Curtis even plays anymore, he never was very good at actually playing the game. Nicole is very pleasant to listen to, soft voice and no weird fake-ghetto-talk.)

See, for me, it's not even the voice. Maybe it's the English major in me but when I hear him repeatedly butchering 'avant garde' (and basically any word longer than five letters), I get a little irritated. Okay, maybe very... like see-if-I-can-slap-him-with-the-dictionary-through-the-computer irritated.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1986 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 6:17 AM
Sometimes, you have to bite the bullet, and let the ignorant be ignorant.

He has the good, and it's best not to bite the hand that feeds you, though he'll probably still make more videos anyway lol

Field Researcher
#1987 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 7:34 AM
Irony! We have an electric guitar. It came in High-End Loft stuff. Sims can't even use those in band's I don't think.

There are 2 or 3 electric guitars in the free Prius pack (complete with solar panels and windmills, among other things)
Mad Poster
#1988 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sojourner
There are 2 or 3 electric guitars in the free Prius pack (complete with solar panels and windmills, among other things)

Are they actual electric guitars with an amp though like the HELS one or are they just remeshes of the acoustic guitar from the base game?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#1989 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 12:27 PM
Taking the day off tomorrow for TS3: Uni and Sim City. Wheee~
Lab Assistant
#1990 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 1:56 PM
I'm very excited, my Mum gave me an early birthday present so I got to pre-order :-) Am i better to patch before I install or should I just do it all at once?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1991 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Taking the day off tomorrow for TS3: Uni and Sim City. Wheee~

Spring Break. Over here. *party wiggle*

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1992 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:15 PM
Trailer's out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=M6egncgPhrE

That launch trailer was... I wonder how how other LGBTs feel about that University Life trailer, because they included some content in it. Some of it's OK and some of it... eh. I'm not entirely sure they handled it as well as they could have, but they tried. I'd like to see outside opinions.

Mad Poster
#1993 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:33 PM
OK, I was LMAO! Green screen? For reals?

Can't wait to get my hands on it. Come on midnight!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#1994 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:35 PM
does it /really/ get released at midnight from origin? they always release on pacific time. i thought people had to wait until morning?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1995 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:37 PM
Why do we have greens screen anything? O_O

Hmm... I wonder...

Field Researcher
#1996 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:38 PM
Trailer's out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=M6egncgPhrE

That launch trailer was... I wonder how how other LGBTs feel about that University Life trailer, because they included some content in it. Some of it's OK and some of it... eh. I'm not entirely sure they handled it as well as they could have, but they tried. I'd like to see outside opinions.

As someone who identifies as being part of the LGBT group, I was a little bothered by the 'be who you are or what you want to become' and looking like a woman. Like, I'm not angry or protesty about it and I'm not going to throw a fit, but it left me a little uncomfortable. Mostly because the 'T' in LGBT is largely ignored AND misrepresented/understood.

It just left me with an 'ehhhhh' feeling in regards to that part of it. I'm not sure why it bothers me at all, since it's not the worst thing they could have done. But. IDK.

I liked the trailer overall, though. I've been up and down about if I'm excited for UL or not and that made me a little excited again. Surprised they made 'woohooing' one of the selling points since they want to make the game family-friendly.
Mad Poster
#1997 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:40 PM
@ Christmasfear, I was told on the forums that the release was at midnight for EPs released before. If I have to wait on PST, then come on 2 am.

@ Matrix, I was thinking for the movie directors or those in jobs at the theater. *shrugs*

Correction: Might be part of the game developer career. Would be nice for movie directors too.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#1998 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:41 PM
did seasons release at midnight? i swear i could remember people bitching on the bbs. maybe my memory is just bad.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1999 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 4:11 PM
OK, someone fess up. We're all pseudonymous here. Who got an early copy from their GameStop manager in exchange for favors?

And how do you like it so far?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2000 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen
As someone who identifies as being part of the LGBT group, I was a little bothered by the 'be who you are or what you want to become' and looking like a woman. Like, I'm not angry or protesty about it and I'm not going to throw a fit, but it left me a little uncomfortable. Mostly because the 'T' in LGBT is largely ignored AND misrepresented/understood.

Yeah, that kind of made me cringe a little. I'm not transgender, so do I know anyone who is, but I can image anyone playing the game who is being a little put off by that.

And I forgot all about the game design career. Now, I want to see more from it.

I wish the careers were new jobs as well for majors and not just networking jobs. I guess we can always cheat, and set it to the lowest position and work our way up.

Page 80 of 95