Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Pleasantly Thriving' Hoods and Lots -10yr Creator Anniversary-

by Phaenoh Posted 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:47 AM by Phaenoh

168 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#101 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Okay, something else for New Turf Apartments: [...] I'm not sure if this is because they think the apartment door is somehow blocked by the stairs or if it's just Maxis weird pathfinding, but moving the apartment door fixed this.
This is all very helpful info, where did you move the doors to? I'm guessing either forward or back a few spaces. What exactly fixed the issue? Thanks for reporting in!
Forum Resident
#102 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 9:51 AM
Looking at it from the front (i.e. the mailbox), the apartment door is now on the tile right next to the entrance door. I could probably have moved it to the kitchen as well, but didn't experiment much with it since this was my third attempt at not messing up the building. If the problem is caused by the apartment door being next to the stairs, any tile not there should fix it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:46 PM
I am so excited to play this, I've downloaded it and made sure it's working with all the extra downloads, just going to find a new Uni now, can't wait to populate this new Pleasantview version, familiar yet different.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#104 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 4:49 PM
I am really loving this hood, thank you so much, Phaenoh! I love all the little touches you did to each lot, such as radiators, air conditioning, etc. The addition of basements, cellars, and attics. And of course the parking lots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:40 PM
Wow. This is a very nice remake of the original neighborhood. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Thanks so much for creating it!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 4:44 PM
Anyone else have any bugs to report or feedback? I'm about to start doing the update. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 8:46 AM
What's next, Strangetown?

Sims 2 Rocks! :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oachi06
What's next, Strangetown?
HAH! Maybe in 5 years. No, next I have a custom schools project, an entire default career replacement set, another clothing catalog rearrange edit, and some default replacement clothes. Actually, next is doing the update for this neighborhood, THEN all those other things.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#109 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 1:27 PM
I've just been poking around the lots with families in them and a few others and everything looks amazing! Well done!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#110 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 12:24 AM
Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#111 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 4:32 AM
The neighborhood lots disappear after making a university. There is also a empty hood with no familes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
The neighborhood lots disappear after making a university. There is also a empty hood with no familes
This is a most interesting bug! Did you have the neighborhood with the families or the one with just the lots?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 1:53 AM
As always, wonderful work! Thank you!

I have a (dumb) question! I was wondering if it's at all possible to make your Pleasantview a subhood WITH the Pleasantview families? I saw there were some instructions on making it a subhood, but I am confused whether or not that can include the families. Guessing not, since they will be in the bin and that causes explosions.

I just really love this, but I already have a legacy hood I adore.. and I dislike having more than one game. I would also really enjoy my sims meeting (and marrying) Pleasantview sims!

Thank you so much, either way!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#114 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:18 AM
Any word on the update? I really want to get this.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:55 PM
Sorry guys, no update yet. IRL is being rather demanding atm.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:29 AM
This is unreal!! Thank you so much for this! I've been downloading your stuff since I made an account (which seems to have been about a month after you did) and it's always phenomenal! Thank you so much for all the work you do for The Sims 2! <3
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 5:46 AM Last edited by mtsimguy : 5th Nov 2017 at 6:35 AM.
I have all Sims 2 expansion packs, but I only have Happy Holiday Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff and Mansion & Garden Stuff. I haven't played The Sims 2 for some time so please excuse this basic question: Can I still download and play this custom neighbourhood if I don't have all the Stuff Packs listed in your requirements?
For example, what will happen to H&M Pleasantview lot and the lots from Kitchen & Bath Stuff and Teen Style Stuff?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 1:33 AM
Most of the time, if a Stuff Pack is missing, just those items are removed from the lots. I don't know what happens when you install them as a neighborhood though. No harm in trying. Let me know how it goes!
Field Researcher
#119 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 1:24 AM
What am I suppose to download on this page?

" Apartment Life Stereo and TV Preorders Edits - I recommend Lord Darcy's edited versions as they have had their effects fixed and have subsets."

I don't see any mod using this name.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 5:16 PM
I've linked to Lord Darcy, because that's as far as our policy allows, from there you will need to find where else he is a creator (linked somewhere on his page) and download the preorder edits from there. It's a bit of a scavenger hunt, but it's what is allowed. MTS does not allow or endorse pirated content, including preorders being available to those who did not preorder. If you cannot find them, don't worry about it, those items will just either not appear in your house, or they will be a different item entirely. You can still load the hood and houses without them.
Test Subject
#121 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 8:05 PM
Default Amazing!!
After installing and playing for a few days, I just had to head back over here and give my thanks. This version of PV is amazing! And I'm loving all the builds. Tysm!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 12:29 AM
Great neighborhood! I already play the Pleasantview hood, but would love to have some of your custom public lots. Do you have any of those uploaded, perhaps? (Would save me a lot of remodeling! Thanks so much!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marinka512
Great neighborhood! I already play the Pleasantview hood, but would love to have some of your custom public lots. Do you have any of those uploaded, perhaps? (Would save me a lot of remodeling! Thanks so much!
Um, I think I'm understanding correctly, so yes. Every lot here is uploaded individually in the comments section. Go back to the first three pages to find what you are looking for.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#124 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:41 AM
I love this hood, it's absolutely gorgeous! I've decided to use the empty version to start my next attempt at a legacy playthrough. Of course that means I haven't taken too close a look at most of the lots yet (need some spares to move into those houses first and populate the hood) but I've got a question after the cursory glance I did take... how are those daylit basements supposed to work? Because in my game the windows, while it looks like light is coming through, are just sort of sunken into the walls. Is that what's supposed to happen or are the windows supposed to look like windows proper? Was there cc or something that was supposed to prevent this that's malfunctioning in my game or something?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:38 AM
That seems to happen for some people and not for others. My best guess is that there is a bit of CC somewhere that is super innocuous and is causing the issue. I had clear window frames when I loaded only the CC I supplied, but in my full game I have the same problem. I have not tracked it down, but I do know it is not part of the CC I included, nor my lots.
Page 5 of 7