Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 6:08 AM
Default Scorn Baal'rah - Round 2
Twilight Delight

Click for larger image.

I love to explore old places and this shipwreck has been taunting me since I arrived for the pageant! Some of the other girls dared me to go out there late at night since it's supposed to be haunted... so I did! They don't know what they're missing, I found all kinds of stuff there, no ghost though.

Healthy Relationships

Click for larger image.

In Minauros we don't really celebrate holidays like they do here, especially for the lower castes of demon. However, all demons in Minauros celebrate the Feast of the Moon. In late fall, all you can see are the bonfires from the Feast. Those of the lower castes burn anything they can while those of higher castes burn their old wardrobes to signify the end of the old and the beginning of the new. It's supposed to bring good luck during the winter, although I think for nobles it's an excuse for a fresh set of clothes. It was the only time of year I can remember being happy while we were living in the slums. Usually whole neighborhoods gather around a single bonfire but since we're the only ones who celebrate the Feast, it was just me, my dad, and Avernus. It almost made me miss Minauros.

Freeshot

There's a beautiful Japanese garden I love to visit when I have a chance. Grooming the sand may seem silly but it really helps me control my stress.

Onstage Question:
If you won a million dollars and had to be selfless with it (could not spend it on yourself at all), how would you spend it?
I'd spend half on literacy programs for children and adults, and half on animal shelters. Those are my two biggest causes. Every child should have the opportunity to learn to read, and so should every adult. There are so many adults who cannot read, it simply amazes me. And I would support no-kill animal shelters. Dogs like Avernus, big dogs who have a reputation for aggressiveness, are often killed out of hand when they end up in shelters. It doesn't matter if they are vicious or not, if their breed is known for it, they die. I want to stop that.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 6:24 AM
Default Nyx Delirium - Round 2
Mods: Sorry for the double post, my entrants have to be posted separately *eep*

Twilight Delight

One of the earliest dances I mastered was the Fire Dance. It looks amazingly complicated and impressive but it's fairly easy to learn.

Healthy Relationships

Since EP Delta 113 is designed to emulate Earth, we celebrate most Earth holidays. One or the other of my parents has always had to work on Christmas but we make time one way or another to spend time together. We're all very active (did I mention the Ven'taar have a lot of energy?) so we usually do something like sledding or skiing... which is NOT the same on our fake snow I might add. I hope my parents talk to whoever is designing the weather system. Anyway, this year we tried real ice skating. It took a few falls but we all got the hang of it. I think my parents enjoyed it more than I did *eyeroll*

Freeshot
Note: I had no idea Sizza was doing the same basic thing *headdesk* Great minds think alike

Mom surprised me when they got here... by taking a picture of me in my pjs dozing off on the couch in my suite! Parents are great.

Onstage Question:
If you won a million dollars and had to be selfless with it (could not spend it on yourself at all), how would you spend it?
There are so many good causes this money could help, it's hard to choose. I think I'd give it to inner-city schools who can't afford music programs, or art programs, so they can bring back the arts. So many kids can be touched by art, it's a shame they can't afford to have those classes. If kids are interested in those classes, they work harder in the rest of their classes, they have something to occupy their time besides drugs and gangs and violence. It would improve the whole school, the whole community!
Original Poster
#103 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 7:53 AM
great entries everyone
we are still waiting on 3 more, so I'm going to send out reminder pm's.

Round 2 ends in about 16 hours
#104 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 10:22 AM
I'm going to have to drop out!
I'm so sorry, but I've been really ill all week, a close friend passed away and my Sims game crashed, that's why i haven't been on!

I'll enter the Cycle, if there is one, Good Luck!
Original Poster
#105 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 2:42 AM
Round 3 Details
Well since we had so many dropouts this round, we're automatically going to round 3. I will be pming the judges asking for scores/comments on the entries for round 2 and posting them when I have received them.

Here are the round 3 details:

Round 3: Casual and Evening Wear
Welcome to Round 3!
In this round we will be taking our contestants to Hollywood for the weekend!
We would like to see you shine in Casual and Evening Wear while you enjoy your time in this wonderful location.
Depending on number of entries, there will be 2 eliminations this round.

**For this round: Try to make sure your pictures are candid (meaning although we can see her face, shes not directly looking at the camera--pretend its part of the pre-taped part of the pageant)**
Remember: although you can have others in your photos, your sim needs to be the focus! Also, be creative and have fun

Round Requirement: You need to use one of My Sims as your celebrity for picture#1 (feel free to change hair/clothes or to use one from my website), and you need to wear a formal gown from All About Style or MTS2 for picture#2

Picture 1: Hollywood Encounters
Your sim should be dressed in nice (casual) clothing as she enjoys her day and stumbles upon a celebrity (fictional or RL one). It's up to you how she encounters this celebrity, or what they are doing, so be creative

Picture 2: Culture Exposure
Your sim should be in formalwear with some friends enjoying an evening at a fancy art gallery opening. It can be any type of art, it can be indoors or outdoors, but it must be evening!

Picture 3: Optional Freeshot
If you would like to include a freeshot of your sim doing whatever, feel free to. Try to make sure we can see her face though

Onstage Question: If you could meet anyone in the galaxy (living or not) who would it be and what would you talk to them about?

Round 3 ends on Dec 19th at 4pm PST [midnight GMT] (Countdown Clock)
#106 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 6:30 AM
I got my dress(the bebe black one) but I cant get to modthesims so I guess ill try again later! Any word on the scores?
Original Poster
#107 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 7:17 AM
one of the judges hasnt responded to me, ive contacted her again and the ej, but even if I dont get scores/comments from them, i will be posting what I have in the morning so you guys dont have to keep waiting
Inventor
#108 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 2:33 PM
Sending scores in now, don't panic. I'm on the wrong side of your USA timedifference in this case.

LOL
Original Poster
#109 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 8:40 PM
Round 2 Results
Here are Round 2 Results.
Please see the initial post of this thread to look for your contestant #

Here is the judging criteria for all rounds:
Followed Directions yes = 3 points no = 1 point
Onstage Question 1 to 5 points
Fashion Style 1 to 5 points
Personality 1 to 5 points
Overall Uniqueness 1 to 5 points
Overall Creativity 1 to 5 points
Overall Beauty 1 to 10 points

2) Total Score: 82
Comments: How are lights shining directly above you from a rooftop party? You look like you were having fun but the pose is a little stiff, like maybe you were a little uncomfortable. In your second pic I think you broke the spirit of the assignment by criticizing your family activiy while the rest of your family seems to be participating without you. How is a orphanage or homeless shelter more helpful to a community than a hospital. Also it would be tough for a million dollars to purchase the kind of renovations you'd need :p
I couldnt really tell that was on a rooftop, or why they would want to have a rooftop swim party. I love the other pics though. Was creative and unexpected.
I really liked your picture for the second task, It had me laughing out loud. The facial expression and weird scene in the background work. You have very nicely put this together. I would have loved to have seen more of that in the first picture... this one looks a bit like you threw it together. There are lights and people, so it might have been the idea of a nightclub.. but the set up is kind of boring and could have been far more interesting. Loved the freeshot too. I do, think your answer for the question was a bit cliche.(But well so are pageant questions usually ;-) )

3) Total Score: 77
Comments: Fabulous pictures, really there would only be details to nag about... (like composition, bit more lightning effects and angles.. etc.. but really just minor details.) Onstage question, mhh... I hoped to see a less cliched answer, but well, can't have it all.
Your task 1 looks a little boring, probably would have been better if it had been in-game. The other pics were nice, and you gave a good answer to the question.
Remember that you only have 1 million dollars, it's not THAT much I thought your pics were good except that the christmas card photo was a little blank in the background department. Where are you photos? Windows? Or was this taken on a backdrop? Even so the background could have been more seasonal. Your first pic was lovely.

6) Total Score: 83
Comments: I'd like to have seen a freeshot. You could have used that as an opportunity to show off her beauty a bit more. Pictures are very good though. Liked the set up of the halloween party. Interesting and original on stage answer (right in character). Good entry. (But you would have gotten 2 points extra if you'd had a freeshot.)
This was a good round, your second pic was better than your first. It may have been nice to have seen others in the water with you.
Interesting entry. Though I was a bit confused about vampires celebrating halloween by throwing costume parties like humans do

9) Total Score: 76
Comments: This was a good entry though it needs a little more flavor.
I would've liked to have seen more of your sim in task 2, she isnt the focus of the picture at all. Maybe you should have reversed task 2 & 3 pictures? I really like the expression on her face in the optional shot.
The first pic comes from a nice idea, but the set-up is rather boring and dark. With adding of some light and some other waterplants this would have been a far more interesting picture. Same does go a bit for the second shot... why am I not seeing your contestants face? Onstage question was funny.. she is still selfish with it, but yay! Support the arts!

10) Total Score: 88
Comments: Great use of the ingame possibilities. Pictures are lovely. Good set ups, nice angles. Good full out answer to the question. Nothing to complain about.
overall wonderful entry; very creative and well thought out.
Good pictures, but I can't help but think you could have found more creative angles. You lack personality within the photos. Also you lost a point for fashion style for wearing uggs, which is a crime against humanity, regardless of what race you are :p

11) Total Score: 88
Comments: Love your first picture. Overall good entry. Second picture could have been a bit more interesting in the set up.. it looks nice, but there is not happening much. Freeshot was cute, liked the colours.
I would have liked to see a bit more interaction in task 2. You had a nice, creative answer to the question too. Wonderful entry.
I adore your first photo, the flower petals, the pose, the composition, it's brilliant!

12) Total Score: 90
Comments: good entry
this entry was good but a little bland.
Overall wonderful entry.
Your pictures are very good. Found the answer on the on stage question a bit short. You could have elaborated a bit more (also to show off her personality.) Overall a very good entry.

13) Total Score: 91
Comments: good entry
Overall good entry
As always great pictures. Very good entry. Again nothing to complain about. Loved you answer to the on stage question. Nice fully rounded answer.
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 3:43 AM
Default Jess!!
Please, empty your mailbox so I can send those scores! :P

#111 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 4:12 AM
No freeshot for this round?
Original Poster
#112 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 5:12 AM
yes, sorry i forgot to paste that part in :doh lol
i've added it now
#113 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 8:02 AM
I'll have my entry in by tomorrow, i'm just a little swamped right now.

(technically it'll be the eighteenth still, but being in australia= weird timezone.)
Inventor
#114 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 11:32 AM
Good luck on round 3 gals! Can't wait to see what pretty stuff you all come up with.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 7:07 PM
It says in the round information that we can change hair/clothes on the downloaded "celeb sim" from your site/MTS but is it ok to change skintone and eyes and such? I'd prefer not to add more custom content to my game that I don't plan to use so if I don't already have the cc installed that's on the sim I'd like to leave it out :x Basically as long as I leave the sim recognizable is it ok? I'll do my best to recreate them with the cc I already have *beg*
Original Poster
#116 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 8:00 PM
yes. you can change the cc on the sim
Scholar
#117 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 10:46 PM
Default Lottie Sparkle - Round 3
Picture 1
Bumping into Brynne Swarkovski, the current Chess World Champion, outside H&M.

Picture 2

Picture 3

Onstage Question: If you could meet anyone in the galaxy (living or not) who would it be and what would you talk to them about?

God of course! And I would ask her the meaning of life!
Forum Resident
#118 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 1:49 AM
Meet Crumpblebottom!
Zoe becomes more hilarious with every round XD
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 9:02 AM
Default Nyx Delirium - Round 3
Ahahaha that's the best answer ever! Crumplebottom *snicker* You win the question for this round

Hollywood Encounters

Click me for a bigger version.

Sim is anonymous' lovely Vyolet

Mom and I were on our way to a very chic salon when I ran into one of my idols... literally! Vyolet Castillo, the famous Spanish mezzo soprano, was at the same salon we were going to! I was mortified and I don't know whether mom was laughing or crying... For a dancer I sure can be a klutz.

Culture Exposure

Click me for a bigger version.

Dress by Allure_gal at MTS2 (figured I'd link it since there are a lot more dresses at MTS vs. AAS and this way you don't have to hunt)

My friend Mikhail is an incredibly talented black and white photographer. He finally got his big break and had a gallery showing so he invited some friends to the opening. I had a great time and met some really interesting people!

Freeshot

I love to bowl even if I'm not very good at it. I'm learning though!

Onstage Question
If you could meet anyone in the galaxy (living or not) who would it be and what would you talk to them about?

Although there are many talented artists, musicians, dancers, and just regular people I would love to sit and talk to, I would want to meet Giacomo Puccini. Opera is my current obsession and he composed so many of the world's most beautiful operas. I would love to pick his brain, find out what inspired him. And see if he liked my performance as Mimi of course!
#120 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 9:32 AM
Default Sonar Lee Salem - Round 3
Round 3: Casual and Evening Wear

Picture 1: Hollywood Encounters
Features Cairistonia* as celebrity

I was so excited when I heard that we all would be going on a trip to hollywood! OMG! I have tons and tons of celebrity gossip magazines and I was ready to play spot the celeb. On the first day we went shopping on famous Rodeo Drive and I was walking down the sidewalk with my eyes peeled when cameras started going off. Like an idiot I started to pose, maybe its this competition that turning me into ms. photogenic. Mid-pose who did I see walking out of H&M but the one and only Scarlett Sands! She plays Cairistonia on my favorite soap, Simcity Central. I almost passed out! She was so gorgeous and she posed for the paps. I was so tongue-tied she got into her car before I could recover from my daze.

Picture 2: Culture Exposure
Features Bebe dress from AAS

I knew Hollywood was going to be exciting but I wasn't prepared for this. We were told to get dressed formally to visit a 'museum'. I was enthusiastic because Im a big fan of art. It turns out we went to a modern art museum where artists did celebrity portraits and, wait for it, wax versions of celebrities! OMG! They got footage of me smooching my hubby Brad Pitt. Heaven!

Picture 3: Optional Freeshot

We were given a night out, with chaperones of course, and we all opted to visit a restaurant where we heard celebrities frequented. I promised myself I wouldn't get tongue-tied this time. Surprisingly I was the show that night. We did'nt see any celebrities but I sang karaoke. Now the girls know that Im not only tongue tied but also tone deaf. Screech!

I would like to meet the real Brad Pitt! No just kidding. Always better to open with a joke right? Actually I have always wanted to meet any biological relatives that I might have. Its always been a question in my mind and I would love to learn about my family and where I come from.
Banned
#121 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 10:06 AM
Default Round 3: Laasya Rohana
Task 1: Hollywood Encounters

While visiting the Kara Saun store for ideas for a winter formal dress, I spotted Michele Lovecraft and her boyfriend. I was going to try to get her autograph but she was otherwise engaged with a member of the paparazzi.

Task 2: Culture Exposure

My art teacher from school recently had her own exhibit opening. I was very excited to have been invited, I absolutely adore my teacher and her artistic abilities.

Freeshot

I'd like to meet the powers that be that always seem to cause me to be in strange and awkward positions. As for what we'd talk about, I have a few things to say to him/her/it/them about those strange situations and activities they make me do.

Please click pics for larger versions
Original Poster
#122 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 7:42 PM
ok i gave a few hours extension to tlaw because of some difficulty downloading one of my sims for task 1 pic.
Since we're still waiting on 3 entries, those of you who havent submitted will have a few extra hours to work on it and post it.
Those of you who have already posted, you have some extra time to edit your entries if you feel you need to
Great entries so far!
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 11:16 PM
Scorn deeply regrets having to withdraw from the pageant but she was offered a once-in-a-lifetime chance to accompany a group of researchers on an archaelogical dig in Egypt that leaves immediately. She wished me to make her apologies and pass on her good luck wishes to the other contestants She and Avernus snapped a good-bye pic for you all.

Forum Resident
#124 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 2:28 AM
Default Men Jewel, Round 3

When I was walking through LA and popping in and out of stores, I literally bumped into some girl. You wouldn't belive the fuss everyone made, apparently this chick was some famous singer that called herself Mi'ha and how did little old me dare making her fall?

That "art" show event was terrible. Standing there, pretending to like some paintings and sculptures that look like the artist made a huge accident and tried to fix it with duct-tape is NOT my idea of fun.

Something good came out of it though.

If you could meet anyone in the galaxy (living or not) who would it be and what would you talk to them about?

I'd like to meet this Dr. Livingstone guy and chat about the discovering of new and very foreign cultures
Original Poster
#125 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 7:57 AM
Final Round Details
ok round 3 is over, we had 1 dropout and 1 elimination (due to no-entry) so there will be no further eliminations
I will pm the judges to ask for scores/comments in a few minutes.

Final Round
Congratulations to our finalists!
This is our final round, and the details were a surprise until now.

**For this round: you may have other sims in the background but your sim must be the focus, and try not to do too much photoshopping**
Be creative and have fun with this round!

Round Requirement: You need to use hair by Adele or NoukieSims in picture 1 (or you may use maxis hair). You need to use makeup by IcedMango or KamiKitten in picture 2 (or you may use maxis)

Picture 1: Making a Difference
Your sim should be dressed in casual clothing doing some sort of charity work. Make sure their appearance matches what they are doing (for instance if they are doing some sort of construction work they should be dirty and have messy hair or a hat on). Remember: we have to be able to tell you are doing charity work in this picture, not just another day in the life of your sim.

Picture 2: Cliches
Highschool--love it or hate it, most of us have had to experience it. You know the cliches/stereotypes: athlete, cheerleader, nerd, class president, band geek, outcast, etc. Pick a cliche close to your personality and take a yearbook-type portrait.
Here are some example pics of what I mean (try not to copy them exactly):
example pic 1
example pic 2
example pic 3
example pic 4

Picture 3: Final Impression
This is your last picture of the contest, make it memorable! It can be whatever you'd like, on a runway or off, with others or alone, whatever pose you want. Just make sure that your sim is the focus and that we can see their face clearly.

Onstage Question: If you were given the opportunity to rule Earth for a year, what would you do?

Final Round ends on Dec 24 at 6pm PST [ Dec 25 at 2am GMT] (Countdown Clock) -- if you need help or an extension please pm me!

Page 5 of 7